By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Watch Dogs Wii U - Ubisoft reiterates that Watch Dogs is still coming to Wii U.

kitler53 said:
Mr Khan said:
Soundwave said:
Mr Khan said:
It *will* ship this year, they just mean that they don't have a window of it more specific than that.

He said it may ship this year.

"“We don’t have a specific ship date for it yet so it’s considered within the year."

Sounds pretty exact to me.

Either way, if it takes them until 2015 to do what should be touch-up work, by that point they might as well indeed cancel it.

even if it is just late this year (like Nov/Dec) they might as well just cancel it.  by that time watchdogs will be worth $20 or less on every other platform.  They'll put it up on wiiU for $60 and it will flop guarenteed.  who's going to pay a $40 premium for the little touches the gamepad will bring?  i would guess next to no one.

It's going to flop either way ... I don't think Ubi Soft really cares if the Wii U version only makes up 2% of total Watch Dogs sales versus say 3% or something. I think honestly at this point they're just porting it probably because they already started to do some work on it, and want to stay in Nintendo's good graces. If they knew the Wii U was going to turn out the way it has, likely there would not be a Wii U version at all. 

Around the Network

they are either waiting for Holiday sales bumpor it is going to be cancelled...
i had my preorder for Nov. 2013 LOL
now i dont know if i will get the game...thanksUbi

Kresnik said:
Mnementh said:
Bucharest? Were this the ZombiU guys? And this game better comes in an edition already including DLC, to make up for the delay.

I'm pretty sure the Rayman team in France did ZombiU.

Don't really know what Ubisoft Bucharest have worked on.  Think they're just a porting studio.

You're right. But Bucharest was involved in ZombiU:

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

kitler53 said:
Mr Khan said:
Soundwave said:
Mr Khan said:
It *will* ship this year, they just mean that they don't have a window of it more specific than that.

He said it may ship this year.

"“We don’t have a specific ship date for it yet so it’s considered within the year."

Sounds pretty exact to me.

Either way, if it takes them until 2015 to do what should be touch-up work, by that point they might as well indeed cancel it.

even if it is just late this year (like Nov/Dec) they might as well just cancel it.  by that time watchdogs will be worth $20 or less on every other platform.  They'll put it up on wiiU for $60 and it will flop guarenteed.  who's going to pay a $40 premium for the little touches the gamepad will bring?  i would guess next to no one.

That's why I said this better should include DLC.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

sundin13 said:
"may ship this year"?! I figured it would be a month or two late, not seven?!

THIS^

No wait, maybe they want to launch a day after smash to show nintendo who's the boss

Around the Network

"and we didn’t want to delay all the other platforms for that one"

but it's okay to delay a finished game on wii u for 7 months, right? Ubisoft should just f*ck themselves for this big spit at their consumers face.

Rayman Legends. Delayed on Wii U to allow other platform development.

Watch_Dogs: Not delayed on other platforms to allow for Wii U development.

Ubisoft are not playing fairly

Current Game Machines: 3DS, Wii U, PC.

Currently Playing: X-Com(PC), Smash Bros(WiiU), Banner Saga(PC), Guild Wars 2(PC), Project X Zone(3DS), Luigis Mansion 2(3DS), DayZ(PC)

Soundwave said:

I don't think this would sell that great even if it was day and date with the other versions.

Batman Arkham Origins, Assassin's Creed IV, and Call of Duty are all higher profile/more well know IP that launched day and date on the Wii U with other formats and they all bombed. I don't really see what the expectation for this game would be.

your negativity is annoying. those games didn't bomb and watch dogs was already set to do much better than AC 4 on wii u. now it may do worse.

Nice to make good use of the gamepad but i wish they could release it at the same time.

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

This actually raised my expectations for the game a lot. May yet preorder.

I think it'll sell better than AC series on WiiU.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016