By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Watch Dogs Wii U - Ubisoft reiterates that Watch Dogs is still coming to Wii U.

Mnementh said:
Bucharest? Were this the ZombiU guys? And this game better comes in an edition already including DLC, to make up for the delay.

I'm pretty sure the Rayman team in France did ZombiU.

Don't really know what Ubisoft Bucharest have worked on.  Think they're just a porting studio.

Around the Network

Game deserves to bomb on the system if this is its fate. They can complain about the others but this one is a no go.

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

Mr Khan said:
It *will* ship this year, they just mean that they don't have a window of it more specific than that.

He said it may ship this year.

I don't think this would sell that great even if it was day and date with the other versions.

Batman Arkham Origins, Assassin's Creed IV, and Call of Duty are all higher profile/more well know IP that launched day and date on the Wii U with other formats and they all bombed. I don't really see what the expectation for this game would be.

Soundwave said:
Mr Khan said:
It *will* ship this year, they just mean that they don't have a window of it more specific than that.

"“We don’t have a specific ship date for it yet so it’s considered within the year."

Sounds pretty exact to me.

Either way, if it takes them until 2015 to do what should be touch-up work, by that point they might as well indeed cancel it.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

Sony should so give away the game with plus at the same time it releases on Wii U. That would be effin hilarious.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

OdinHades said:
Sony should so give away the game with plus at the same time it releases on Wii U. That would be effin hilarious.

At this point the PS4 and Wii U aren't even remotely in competetion. 

The Wii U is going to scratch and claw its way likely to about 20 million userbase for people interested in basically Nintendo games and not much else or those willing to buy an entire second console to play a few Nintendo games. 

Mr Khan said:
Soundwave said:
Mr Khan said:

"“We don’t have a specific ship date for it yet so it’s considered within the year."

Sounds pretty exact to me.

Either way, if it takes them until 2015 to do what should be touch-up work, by that point they might as well indeed cancel it.

even if it is just late this year (like Nov/Dec) they might as well just cancel it.  by that time watchdogs will be worth $20 or less on every other platform.  They'll put it up on wiiU for $60 and it will flop guarenteed.  who's going to pay a $40 premium for the little touches the gamepad will bring?  i would guess next to no one.

You know, that is not the only ubisoft game "on hold" for the wiiu:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/09/06/tom-clancys-ghost-recon-online-on-hold-for-wii-u

Still waiting...

"Hardware design isn’t about making the most powerful thing you can.
Today most hardware design is left to other companies, but when you make hardware without taking into account the needs of the eventual software developers, you end up with bloated hardware full of pointless excess. From the outset one must consider design from both a hardware and software perspective."

Gunpei Yoko

I don't blame them. The game would probably sell terribly anyway, so they might as well focus on the versions that are gonna be profitable and popular.