By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Why I Returned The Xbox One

kowenicki said:
GamechaserBE said:
kowenicki said:
GamechaserBE said:
In the Netherlands they said they can not handle the numbers of defective Xbox ones... Are they sending EU broken systems to NL?

who says this?

After calling with Microsoft Netherlands, we were told that there were too many problems with the Xbox One. The repair department is too small to handle all those defects.

At this time, you'll need to send your Xbox One abroad to get a repair. Your warranty has not expired, but defect Xbox Ones will simply no longer be accepted for repair in the Netherlands.

http://www.pu.nl/artikelen/nieuws/xbox-one-wordt-niet-meer-gerepareerd-in-nederland/

Their is also a neogaf thread:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=780035

I read a little more and the article clearly states that their are to many defect Xbox ones in NL and that it is to small to handle, if you want your console repaired they have to send it to Germany or England..

Ofcourse no numbers how many units we are talking about or how big the repair department is;..

Twisting words somewhat.  For one the Xbox ONE isnt available in the Netherlands is it, so of course they aren't set up to repair.  You said are they sending all the defective systems to the netherlands... but they (MS) arent sending ANY to the netherlands.

This is more about a lack of capacity to repair in the netherlands than a high volume of failures.

if it was a big problem, we'd know by now.  The netherlands is tiny with just a few imports selling there, so another country such as the US or UK would have massive issues and massive numbers of defective consoles by now.

No I put a ? because I remember I read the article. I know the Xbox one is not available in NL so that is why I thought they are maybe sending broken/defective Xbox one's for repair to NL. And yes you are right their is probably not a big issue with Xbox one.

Around the Network
endimion said:
Oh and btw there is absolutely 0 feed out of the Xbox one Kinect on my network when I use it, let alone when I don't... So I know for a fact of that it is complete retard conspiracy theorists BS

what you don't know is the NSA is wise to your monitoring shenanigans so they dont really record with the kinect instead after the intergalactic civil war on the planet Grutahn the US government offered the fleeing Grutanish refugees safe haven on our planet but our oxygen levels makes them invisible so actually every time an xbone barcode is scanned the NSA deploys a Grutanian reporter who follows you home and reports everything back to the NSA via telepathy.

if you want to enjoy the awesome gaming on xbone the only way to safely enjoy it is in a steam room as the steam will not only reveal the outline of the Grutanian imposter but the steam actually interferes with the antenna that protrudes from their head which establishes telepathic connections. the TV show my favorite martian was actually a biography on these beings after a man accidentally locked one in his bathroom following a steamy shower. he held it captive and eventually became his lover.

so now you know the truth, be careful out there with kinect

Mmm return the ps4 after playing knack

On a more serious note this is a cool video I guess, but it's just one mans unlucky experience, and his opinions. Also as others have noted, he apparently already bought a new Xbone, well before Halo 5 or the dropping of Kinect, so he must like something about it.

He complained about the controller. I have been a huge fan of the Xbox controller ever since it came out and was like an extension of the Dreamcast controller. And speaking of Dreamcast, it sucks that he had bad luck with hardware, but that happens at launch. When I got my Dreamcast I went through multiple units thanks to shorted out controller ports and fault CD ROM drives. I am glad I didn't overreact and return it for good, I'd have missed out on the best console ever imho.

I can understand his complaints about the OS and UI, if he is someone who as he admits, owns MULTIPLE gaming PC's and uses Windows 8 all the time there. I am coming off 7, so the tile stuff is new to me. I enjoy it greatly. And with some of the design changes they made with the last couple updates, it's even better.

I have no complaints about Kinect, either. While I can agree with him that it sucks for people who have 0 interest in Kinect to be forced to buy it, I also understand it's in MS's best interests to include it in mandatory. To me it's no different than Sony making BR mandatory on PS3. It jacked up the price and some saw it as worthless for games (myself included). As far as Kinect goes, I have enjoyed using it to browse around the console and accomplish things while not holding the controller. I can control Netflix or the television while in the kitchen cooking, without having to stop to find and use the controller. It's great. I guess I can see his point about the Dead Rising 3 shaking element to break free of zombies holds, but at the same time, there are cool elements, like talking to bosses, and luring zombies somewhere with your voice. And Kinect Fitness is awesome. Only used it a few times so far but it's great.

I don't know that I could ever whine about a console doing "too much". That's just fucking stupid. I really wonder why he bought another Xbone, he seems like he won't be happy with it.

kowenicki said:
Michael-5 said:
leyendax69 said:
7 times? I thought microsoft service it was really good. Even I have heard people saying they got other 360 for free. About the review, without having XB1, the failure rate seems insignificant compared to 360 (for now).

Sent it in 10 times total, only got a replacement 2x. (so the OP should have said 8 times, bad math)

1x - Replaced with a broken used console
2x - 2 hour phonecall.....with Microsoft and Bell (internet) which resulted in a new console.
3-10x - Warranty was nearly done, so they kept claiming that "it's not broken." Would freeze an hour after load up, not RRoD, but not working properly..... (gone 2-3 weeks at a time)
11x - Thank god for my Best Buy extended warranty. Got a new floor model because the Slim came out. Mine was returned as a defect.

The big controversy I feel was that even though I expected me 360 to break, and even though I paid extra for a Best Buy extended warranty. I had to send it to MS since they extended their warranty too. MS covered all freezing/RRoD related issues, which IMO was bull to reduce the failure numbers.

Worst of all, MS never replaced my system with the HDMI models which had a smaller fail rate. They even replaced my original unit for another refurbished unit which didn't even work (didn't register any game with DLC or go online). Best Buy replaced my 3rd console.

-----

Another issue was that I bought an MS brand steering wheel when Forza 2 came out. My dog chewed the power cable, but because they just introduced Kinect, they discontinued the wheel. Was discontinued for a couple months only, and they couldn't sell me a new power cable.... Worst of all they designed the wheel to only accept MS power supplies, so a 3rd party charger with the correct voltage/amp still didn't work. Only had the wheel 2 years.... :-/

MS didn't replace my power charge, nor did they offer me a solution to get the wheel to work. They just said to try eBay and buy another whole wheel.......

-----

Never ever had this much of a headache with a Nintendo or Sony system.... :-/ I don't like MS customer service, it's just as bad as Rogers. This is why I'm holding off on the one until the very end, and even then...if Kinect never goes, then I never buy.

Had one early model RROD after about 2 years, MS sent a brand new replacement free and collected old one within 5 days. Covered by the free 3 year warranty.  Why anyone would buy a store warranty is beyond me.

No other issues whatsoever with the two other 360's (the replacement one and a new 360s I got for another room) that I have owmed

Unlucky arent you.  Presumably consoles 1 to 10 were all during 2005,6,7?  when was console 11?

I cant beleive we are back to talking about RROD again.

I bought the store warranty before MS extended their warranty to 3 years. Glad I did, had I not I'd have to had boughten a second console.

MS doesn't send "new" consoles to replace old ones unless you specifically ask for one (which I did the 2nd time they replaced my console). They sent you a refurbished unit.

Bought my 360 in 2007, so all this happened in 2007-2010. MS replaces your console with the high fail rate first gen console, not the HDMI console (even if you ask for it), so.... :-/ Complete shit service, all in an effort to reduce fail rate #'s. Thing is, except for the 1st console to break, my other systems didn't have RRoD. One just wouldn't play online/DLC, the other kept freezing (and was likely on its way to RRoD)

My 4th console right now, does freeze ocassionally. That last UI update bricked the console for a week, but then it started booting again. I might have to buy a 5th console, might not, but I am buying all my leftover multiplatform games on PS3 in fear of it breaking. Only have a handful of exclusives left to beat.

After all the shit I went through with my 360 I can tell you that I agree with this video. Not going to buy an XB1 until they

-Make a Kinect Free Model (Can't even use Kinect in my small apartment)
-Release Halo or an exclusive worth owning the system for
-3 years to se how reliability holds up, maybe get a Slim model as I hear the current console is massive.

Same with PS4, I've had 1st gen PS1-3's all break on me, but all my PS consoles were launch models, which are the least reliable, and they still lasted 5/8/5 years respectively (My 1st PS3 was a refurbished launch model which I bought off a friend). Not getting a PS4 for a year or two.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network

If anything, he was just so unlucky

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Turkish said:
skidibadabumbada

hate that guy, makes a video about every rumor like they're facts

So true.

JayWood2010 said:

Should we post this now?  Why I returned my PS4

lol BS

Can't record Blu-Rays? So anti-piracy features are bad now?

Better online? It's the exact same. If anything the PS+ community is better since there are 2x as many PS4 gamers

Kinect, Games....okay so he prefers XB1's features/games. What does this have to do with the PS4?

Controller? Says both are good LOL.....

----

Seems like this guy can only afford one, and he prefers the XB1. So what? People have preferences.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database

kowenicki said:
Michael-5 said:

I bought the store warranty before MS extended their warranty to 3 years. Glad I did, had I not I'd have to had boughten a second console.

MS doesn't send "new" consoles to replace old ones unless you specifically ask for one (which I did the 2nd time they replaced my console). They sent you a refurbished unit.  (1).

Bought my 360 in 2007, so all this happened in 2007-2010. MS replaces your console with the high fail rate first gen console, not the HDMI console (even if you ask for it), so.... :-/ Complete shit service, all in an effort to reduce fail rate #'s. Thing is, except for the 1st console to break, my other systems didn't have RRoD. One just wouldn't play online/DLC, the other kept freezing (and was likely on its way to RRoD)

My 4th console right now, does freeze ocassionally. That last UI update bricked the console for a week, but then it started booting again. I might have to buy a 5th console, might not, but I am buying all my leftover multiplatform games on PS3 in fear of it breaking. Only have a handful of exclusives left to beat.

After all the shit I went through with my 360 I can tell you that I agree with this video. Not going to buy an XB1 until they

-Make a Kinect Free Model (Can't even use Kinect in my small apartment)
-Release Halo or an exclusive worth owning the system for
-3 years to se how reliability holds up, maybe get a Slim model as I hear the current console is massive.  (2)

Same with PS4, I've had 1st gen PS1-3's all break on me, but all my PS consoles were launch models, which are the least reliable, and they still lasted 5/8/5 years respectively (My 1st PS3 was a refurbished launch model which I bought off a friend). Not getting a PS4 for a year or two.

1.  Nonsense.  I didnt ask for a new console but I got a brand new console.  I know, because I checked.

2.  You wont be buying a ONE then... your loss.

Your experience isnt typical imo.  I  had great service from MS on the one occasion I used them.

1. How exactly did you check? This is what microsoft told me, I know my first console was used because it had black scuff marks on the outside, and I asked why they sent me a refurbihed console.

2. I think one day they will make a Kinect free system. If not, my PC is about as powerful as the XB1, so I won't be missing out on much.

endimion said:
anyway even my 3, 360's never RRoD and the first got bought january after launch.... the disc drive died on the first one maybe 3 years later I can't recall.... got it replaced by a new one was planning to refurb the old one but got robbed before that (sucks for the burglar he took the fucked one lol), and then I got a slim when it released... 

got an issue with the Kinect on Xbox one that I shipped from the US and got it replaced free in 4 days with the European Customer service no question asked and my warranty on my new Kinect has been reset to the new date....

1. If you had a working 360, why did you replace it with a slim one (burglar stole a broken system).

2. Still, the fact that your XB1 already had a malfuction, causing you to replace your Kinect. Doesn't that bug you? I mean yes issues do happen with consoles within warranty, but I keep hearing a lot of XB1's already being sent for repairs. PS4 too, Sony isn't perfect, but Nintendo . Never had an issue (but I did hear some people had disk issues with their Wii's/WiiU's).

Dammit, if I knew it was RTU I wouldn't have clicked on this thread.