By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create hardware-software sales (2/24 – 3/2)

kitler53 said:
NYANKS said:
Doesn't everything fall off pretty badly in Japan pretty quickly, peoples expectations seem a little out of whack here

how so?

Japan first two week cumulative totals:

wii, wiiU, DS, 3DS, psp, psvita, ps2 > ps4 > 360, ps3

i guess i can hope that this is purely supply constraint related but ps4 is starting worse than most system (from the ones i have data for).  i expected better.

Famitsu says its supply constrained. 80-100% sold out. And its around the estimated sold through from sony which im assuming is basdd on shipments.

The desperate attempt from some users claiming it isnt supply constrained are hilarious (vguy and ninetailschris)

Around the Network
kitler53 said:
NYANKS said:
Doesn't everything fall off pretty badly in Japan pretty quickly, peoples expectations seem a little out of whack here

how so?

i guess i can hope that this is purely supply constraint related but ps4 is starting worse than most system (from the ones i have data for).  i expected better.

It might seem trivial, but the systems with greater sales are 4 handhelds which everyone seems to say is japans things now, the best system of all time, the Wii which was also ps2 like for a while, and its successor.  They need more japanese games, they dont have things like Mario to fall back on for Japan.

Max King of the Wild said:
kitler53 said:
NYANKS said:

how so?

Famitsu says its supply constrained. 80-100% sold out. And its around the estimated sold through from sony which im assuming is basdd on shipments.

The desperate attempt from some users claiming it isnt supply constrained are hilarious (vguy and ninetailschris)

yeah, we'll see in the upcoming weeks and months about how much is supply and how much is demand.  my gut just has a bad feeling about ps4 japan right now.  there obviously are sellouts but the rate at which it sold out appeared kind of slow.  that would suggest to me that although demand > supply its not that massive disparity like we're seeing in the west.

Hooray, comparisons!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=103246256&postcount=155

PSV : Valhalla Knights 3 ( Marvelous Entertainment ) { 2013-05-23 } - 44.086
PSP : Valhalla Knights 2 ( Marvelous Entertainment ) { 2008-05-29 } - 34.562
PSP : Valhalla Knights ( Marvelous Entertainment ) { 2006-08-31 } - 14.089
PSP : Valhalla Knights 2: Battle Stance ( Marvelous Entertainment ) { 2009-06-25 } - 13.588
PSV : Valhalla Knights 3 Gold ( Marvelous AQL ) { 2014-02-27 } - 13.093

[3DS] Harvest Moon: The Land of Origin (Marvelous AQL) {2012.02.23} (¥5.040) - 81.131 / NEW <74,23%>
[3DS] Harvest Moon: Linking The New World (Marvelous AQL) {2014.02.27} (¥5.040) - 130.782 / NEW

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=103247120&postcount=165

<Some Deception IV comparisons that I can't copy across because of the code>

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=103240508&postcount=101

<Same deal, but with Harvest Moon this time>

NYANKS said:
kitler53 said:
NYANKS said:

how so?

It might seem trivial, but the systems with greater sales are 4 handhelds which everyone seems to say is japans things now, the best system of all time, the Wii which was also ps2 like for a while, and its successor.  They need more japanese games, they dont have things like Mario to fall back on for Japan.

i mean, all valid points.  i'm just not so optomistic about seeing wiiU and psvita on that left hand side knowing that those are the two most recent launches and knowing how things went for them long term.

Around the Network

I'm glad for Harvest Moon but I want it back on consoles kthxbye.

DAT KNACK lol.
Good vita bump, I don't think it will go below 20k this month..
Nice opening for Harvest Moon, the series have grown quite a lot recently.

Kresnik said:

Hooray, comparisons!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=103246256&postcount=155

PSV : Valhalla Knights 3 ( Marvelous Entertainment ) { 2013-05-23 } - 44.086
PSP : Valhalla Knights 2 ( Marvelous Entertainment ) { 2008-05-29 } - 34.562
PSP : Valhalla Knights ( Marvelous Entertainment ) { 2006-08-31 } - 14.089
PSP : Valhalla Knights 2: Battle Stance ( Marvelous Entertainment ) { 2009-06-25 } - 13.588
PSV : Valhalla Knights 3 Gold ( Marvelous AQL ) { 2014-02-27 } - 13.093

[3DS] Harvest Moon: The Land of Origin (Marvelous AQL) {2012.02.23} (¥5.040) - 81.131 / NEW <74,23%>
[3DS] Harvest Moon: Linking The New World (Marvelous AQL) {2014.02.27} (¥5.040) - 130.782 / NEW

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=103247120&postcount=165

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=103240508&postcount=101

I must say, Harvest Moon did do much better than I was expecting. Valhalla Knights? Did about the same as I thought.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Boutros said:
I'm glad for Harvest Moon but I want it back on consoles kthxbye.

Has Harvest Moon been good in recent years? I used to play the hell out of it on n64/GCN!

Clearly Yakuza would have been a great launch title for PS4, if it wasn't also on PS3. But it's totally understandable that Sega made it cross generation. I think without compelling software PS4 will drop away markedly. and sell at Wii U levels until some good stuff comes along. What's in the works for PS4 exclusive with Japanese appeal?

65K is more than I thought it would be, though MC did have the 309K opening week, so if ~370K holds for Famitsu it should have PS4 at ~50K for the week.

Good to see Vita TV coasting along at 1500 per week. It's not a main PS gadget, but it is slowly building up a base for PS Now.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix