By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create hardware-software sales (2/24 – 3/2)

Why do people consider the Vita sales good? They barely pass as ok.

Nintendo and PC gamer

Around the Network
Lafiel said:
ImmortalHelixFossil said:
WiiU... Damn, I hope it will get better in the future.. Somehow...

I have an idea how they could make that happen - they just need to make a real full blown home console Pokémon for WiiU, bonus points if they make it playable in coop or even pseudo-MMO.

A Level-5 developed remake of Red and Blue would be fantastic....but I don´t think that would change much in the grand scheme of things.

The GameCube-Pokemon games didn´t.

naruball said:
I don't understand the bump in vita sales. Is that thanks to the new low selling games or maybe to the ps4? At any rate, really glad it's doing better than last year overall. As for ps4. Shortages?

Yakuza has already sold about 300k. Is that good for a Yakuza game?

The slight bump in vita could be attributed to PS4's launch. Considering the fact that handhelds are prominent there, most would have looked to upgrade to one. Not to mention the cross plaftorm playability that should be ready for upcoming games.

Surprised PS4 is down by that much, though if its truly supply issues then it makes sense.

3DS needs a new killer app to get momentum up again. Wii U is stable but pretty awful.

ugh,..

Around the Network
orniletter said:
Lafiel said:

I have an idea how they could make that happen - they just need to make a real full blown home console Pokémon for WiiU, bonus points if they make it playable in coop or even pseudo-MMO.

A Level-5 developed remake of Red and Blue would be fantastic....but I don´t think that would change much in the grand scheme of things.

Coliseum in particualr was a very bad game imo. It had some pretty stupid design choices (only double battles, the whole "purifying" shadow Pokemon was flawed, no random encounters, etc). Never played XD so I don't know if that game made some improvements.

Nintendo and PC gamer

A week > 200k worldwide for PS4 :D

Good to see the Vita picking up. Nice to see it performing well. Pretty nice intros as well for a lot of games as well, though a sharp drop for PS4 as expected.

Long run for the PS4 will be the key. Whilst it looks average right now, it all comes down to the long term success of the system.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

osed125 said:
orniletter said:
Lafiel said:

Coliseum in particualr was a very bad game imo. It had some pretty stupid design choices (only double battles, the whole "purifying" shadow Pokemon was flawed, no random encounters, etc). Never played XD so I don't know if that game made some improvements.

It recycled a lot of Colloseums ares (like 50%)....but I kind of liked it.

Photorealistic-GameCube-graphics™ ftw !

osed125 said:

Why do people consider the Vita sales good? They barely pass as ok.

Vita sales are good, in todays time i think healthy numbers for HH market (japan) should be about 20k-30k a week. People are thinking vita sales are good cuz its up by alot YoY but that should be a giving due to its 2013 Jan+Feb #s.

For same reason this iswhy supposedly 3ds is doing bad cuz its not selling 50k+ and its down YoY weekly(not sure this weeek). Imo its not fair to compare especially wen 3DS has already achieved 15mil+ there and is selling good, toooooo many comparisons and especially with sales being compared to Monster sales (3DS 2012+2013 #s)

This is why some nintendo fans pisses me offwith 3ds 2014 library calling it bad (or dissapointing) why? Cuz of 2013 amazing and huge library now that we dont have that its supposedly a bad line up this year -_-