By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create hardware-software sales (2/24 – 3/2)

KNACK OUTSELLS THE PS4 IN JAPAN O_o
I smell the sea.. ooohhhh the saltinesss

Smartest nam evila

Current Platforms: HighendPC[rip]/PS4/PS3[rip]/Vita[rip]

Around the Network
kowenicki said:

I still think 2013 will probably be its peak year in Japan, similar in 2014 and then then it will fall away very gradually.

I think that depends what whether they do anything later in 2014 to match up with the remodel from last year i.e. new price cut.  2014 should be higher than 2013 by the time that comes around, but the new model did a lot to help both short and long-term sales and there's currently nothing on the horizon to really counter that.

osed125 said:

Why do people consider the Vita sales good? They barely pass as ok.

It has 0 big ip that why those sale are good

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

kowenicki said:

I'm surprised some people have a bit of a downer on PS4 here... seems fine to me.

You cant sell what you cant ship. I did expect more shipments though given that supply elsewhere was deemed to be low as a result of supply being built up for Japan.

yeah, well expectations i supose.   it is doing fine.  it's not doing great!   after seeing it do great! in the west i can't help but be disappointed by it's performance in japan.  week 1 was pretty good against everything except ps2.  but week 2 doesn't stack up so well.

Youkai Legs beasting as usual

Around the Network

Amazon has PS4 in stock, is it really supply what is holding PS4 back?

These short term numbers are more less good but the real question is how will the ps4 sell in japan in 8 weeks when everyone who wanted one has it, crazy how the japanese market has changed over the years hope they can rekindle their love for home consoles.

Lower than my second week prediction

"Excuse me sir, I see you have a weapon. Why don't you put it down and let's settle this like gentlemen"  ~ max

carlos3189 said:
Amazon has PS4 in stock, is it really supply what is holding PS4 back?

All above the official price. it's the same situation on amazon uk. No ps4 at offical price of £350. you can get one over £400 from other sellers. So its sold out at official price.

Smartest nam evila

Current Platforms: HighendPC[rip]/PS4/PS3[rip]/Vita[rip]

Doesn't everything fall off pretty badly in Japan pretty quickly, peoples expectations seem a little out of whack here