By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - UK Charts Week Ending 1 March 2014

THIEF STEALS CROWN

03/Mar/2014

Square Enix take their second All Formats No1 in 2014 as ‘Thief’ takes top spot.

Developed by Eidos Montreal it smashes the week 1 of predecessor ‘Thief: Deadly Shadows’ last seen on Xbox & PC in 2004. It also achieves the second highest sales for a No1 title in 2014 behind FIFA 14 with 75% of those sales coming for Xbox One & PS4. ‘The Lego Movie Videogame’ (-33%) drops to No2 after two weeks at the top but stays ahead of ‘FIFA 14’ (-15%) which drops to No3.

Another debutant lands at No4 this week as ‘Plants Vs Zombies: Garden Warfare’ arrives for both Xbox One & 360. It pushes ‘Call of Duty: Ghosts’(-36%) down to No5 while the third of EA’s Top 10 titles ‘Battlefield 4’ (-17%) also slides two places to No6. Konami’s ‘Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2’ is another newcomer this week creeping in at No10 and becoming the second biggest week 1 in the franchise behind the original Lords of Shadow which released in 2010. Elsewhere in the Top 40 Bandai Namco’s ‘Tales of Symphonia: Chronicles’ is new for PS3 at No13 while 3DS title ‘Senran Kagura Burst’ sneaks in for a debut at No38.

http://www.chart-track.co.uk/?i=1820&s=1111 

Around the Network

Donkey Kong went down a lot...

Massive drops of PS4 software and boosts for X1. Major supply issues and price cut in full force respectively.

PS4 must have been out of stock last week. Lots of drops.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

X1 gaining some ground. Also glad to see Thief at the top. That game is awesome, don't give too much about the reviews. Most of them are just old, disappointed fanboys of the original. I also played Thief in 1998, but if I wanted the exact same game, I would just play the original for crying out loud. Whatever, I'm 10 hours in and it is this far the best Next-Gen I have played. Even if the graphics don't look like Next-Gen, who the hell cares. I want it to sell good!

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Around the Network
Fusioncode said:
PS4 must have been out of stock last week. Lots of drops.

It has been severely constrained from what I've seen. 

kowenicki said:
sully1311 said:
Massive drops of PS4 software and boosts for X1. Major supply issues and price cut in full force respectively.

One day of the price cut isnt it?

2? (Friday + Saturday). It's a good boost for X1 though, although I expect a much bigger one when Titanfall launches.

Xbox One on top for the week? Sweeeeet

Carl2291 said:
Xbox One on top for the week? Sweeeeet

I expect PS4 HW to drop off a cliff in this weeks numbers. X1 to get a noticeably but not massive boost. People are going to wait for TF.

Pretty good result for the Xb one price cut. Good start for PvZGW.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix