By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - InFAMOUS has gone Viral - Over 3.5m Views in a week!

Infamous SS Sales?

2m 81 25.23%

3m 96 29.91%

4m 65 20.25%

5m 40 12.46%

6m 14 4.36%

7m 6 1.87%

10m+ 19 5.92%

Total:321

That's not viral.

Around the Network
JoeTheBro said:
FatedReality said:
I think it will surprise a lot of people how well this game will do. I think itll do close to 4.5-5 million units lifetime, it ll also probably have some nice legs.

2 million sales from people that buy a PS4 in the next 6 months before the order.

1 million sales from people already with a system. Killzone is at 1.5 already. Infamous should do similar.

1 million sales during the holiday.

3 million from legs.

I can see it doing 7 million dude. Resistance: Fall of Man did 4.2 million for comparison.

7 million seems like a stretch I dont see it doing that well but if it did that would be amazing. I do think people really under estimate the franchise though, even though Infamous and infamous 2 sales are pretty low both were offered for for through PSN so alot more people know baout this game then it seems and also the buzz for this game is huge. 5 million would be a huge succes for this game.

Survivor Millennial vs Gen X!!

Cobermanis new super mario bros u part 1 has 11 million views. What's the game sitting at now? 2 millions? Pikmin 3 tv commercial at 2, 5 millions, despite the game selling between 500 000 and a million.

My point is, views doesn't equal sales. Nor have this video gone "viral." The fox went viral, kony went viral. This is a video of a game with a lot of views. But you can find plenty "outviewing" it.

Around 3.5 million sales would be nice. Some solid growth for the franchise.

I think there will be a lot of people on the fence waiting for reviews on this one.

That's doesn't mean the game will destroy necessarily but its a good sign. If sells 3.5 million at least is good enough for me.

Around the Network

Whats more crazy is that it has all those views and only 77 dislikes.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
vivster said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
vivster said:
Not enough.

You're very critcal of Sony titles arent you? Especially underrated ones which could've done better. This just might be the moment of redemption for InFamous.

A fairly undeserved redemption. It does nothing different or better than the previous games.

I can see the unsold copies of Infamous 2 going "THE FUCK!" if this sells significantly better.

There is a lot about InFamous that is being kept from us. We'll find out mmore later, There is also a lot that has been done to the physics, Ai and particle system so for you to not see anything is quite ridiculous.  Just because you cannot see what is special about something, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Remember that.

Nothing they showed so far changes the formular in a significant way. It's the same gameplay we've seen in the past. There may be more but the stuff that we don't know about the game isn't selling it right now. The hype comes from the trailers, which show the exact gameplay like the previous games. The only difference is that it is better marketed and on a system that doesn't have much else on it.

But I sound too negative again. Of course I hope it will sell more. It won't be enough copies though. So it's undeserved in both ways. It will sell more than the predecessors for the wrong reasons and it will sell less than an Infamous game should sell for other reasons.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Not to be a downer or anything, but those views are likely because it plays as an advert on other youtube videos

400 comments/4500 votes =/3.5m??

vivster said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
vivster said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
vivster said:
Not enough.

You're very critcal of Sony titles arent you? Especially underrated ones which could've done better. This just might be the moment of redemption for InFamous.

A fairly undeserved redemption. It does nothing different or better than the previous games.

I can see the unsold copies of Infamous 2 going "THE FUCK!" if this sells significantly better.

There is a lot about InFamous that is being kept from us. We'll find out mmore later, There is also a lot that has been done to the physics, Ai and particle system so for you to not see anything is quite ridiculous.  Just because you cannot see what is special about something, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Remember that.

Nothing they showed so far changes the formular in a significant way. It's the same gameplay we've seen in the past. There may be more but the stuff that we don't know about the game isn't selling it right now. The hype comes from the trailers, which show the exact gameplay like the previous games. The only difference is that it is better marketed and on a system that doesn't have much else on it.

But I sound too negative again. Of course I hope it will sell more. It won't be enough copies though. So it's undeserved in both ways. It will sell more than the predecessors for the wrong reasons and it will sell less than an Infamous game should sell for other reasons.

Neon and smoke powers were not possible last gen in the way which they will be used this gen. Because of the power of the PS4 they have more power to use more effects and things. The story will be more immersive because of the character models being extremely close if not the same as the cinematics. The transporting on the game is freaking amazing. Every power works differently.  It looks great. For such a next gen title there have to be more powers to use. Fetch couldn't be the only person in the game with powers that Delsin talks to. This is what I am talking about. In InFamous the majority of the characters I spoke to in the game werent even advertised.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
vivster said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
vivster said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
vivster said:
Not enough.

Neon and smoke powers were not possible last gen in the way which they will be used this gen. Because of the power of the PS4 they have more power to use more effects and things. The story will be more immersive because of the character models being extremely close if not the same as the cinematics. The transporting on the game is freaking amazing. Every power works differently.  It looks great. For such a next gen title there have to be more powers to use. Fetch couldn't be the only person in the game with powers that Delsin talks to. This is what I am talking about. In InFamous the majority of the characters I spoke to in the game werent even advertised.

That's all superficial and also subjective. A few more pixels and particles don't change the game. Are you David Cage? And the way of getting around will be worse because no power line grinding.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.