By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - InFAMOUS has gone Viral - Over 3.5m Views in a week!

Infamous SS Sales?

2m 81 25.23%

3m 96 29.91%

4m 65 20.25%

5m 40 12.46%

6m 14 4.36%

7m 6 1.87%

10m+ 19 5.92%

Total:321

Once again you claim the same thing as your other thread. Lots of views and tweets /= high sales.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network

Wow, 3.5 views in a week! At this pace it will sell......

One billion copies!

vivster said:
Not enough.

You're very critcal of Sony titles arent you? Especially underrated ones which could've done better. This just might be the moment of redemption for InFamous.

DamnTastic said:
Beyond: Two Souls TV sport has 3.7million views.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCoM9qDrK_I

And we all know how that turned out. 1mill sales so far

1M sales in 13 weeks.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
vivster said:
Not enough.

You're very critcal of Sony titles arent you? Especially underrated ones which could've done better. This just might be the moment of redemption for InFamous.

A fairly undeserved redemption. It does nothing different or better than the previous games.

I can see the unsold copies of Infamous 2 going "THE FUCK!" if this sells significantly better.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
foodfather said:
Going viral implies people of all groups and interests around the world have watch it (epic splits etc) not when a trailer earns a few mil views.

OT - around 2.5m

No.

Viral means that the content is being spread through a self replicating process similar to the spread of a virus. Nothing to do with branching into all groups and interests.

@OP
Too soon to say. The PS4 reveal trailer, the used games video, and the Playstation meeting video all went viral, but the top viewed commercials were just viewed a lot.

Lawlight said:
DamnTastic said:
Beyond: Two Souls TV sport has 3.7million views.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCoM9qDrK_I

And we all know how that turned out. 1mill sales so far

1M sales in 13 weeks.

I never said it sold poorly.
I'm just saying that when your ad goes viral, your sales won't necessarily go trough the roof

vivster said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
vivster said:
Not enough.

A fairly undeserved redemption. It does nothing different or better than the previous games.

I can see the unsold copies of Infamous 2 going "THE FUCK!" if this sells significantly better.

There is a lot about InFamous that is being kept from us. We'll find out mmore later, There is also a lot that has been done to the physics, Ai and particle system so for you to not see anything is quite ridiculous.  Just because you cannot see what is special about something, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Remember that. 

Infamous 2 procured 2.4 million in sales, Infamous Second Son is probably going outsell and do 4 million LTD Open World Super Hero is a small genre even that figure i shared was generous, i want the series to garner great sales like Uncharted or Gran Turismo but thats clearly not happening anytime soon.

I believe it's because it counts the views of people that watch it as an ad on youtube. As in one of those "Click to skip ad" videos. I think. I could be wrong.