By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - InFAMOUS has gone Viral - Over 3.5m Views in a week!

Infamous SS Sales?

2m 81 25.23%

3m 96 29.91%

4m 65 20.25%

5m 40 12.46%

6m 14 4.36%

7m 6 1.87%

10m+ 19 5.92%

Total:321

It's going to sell more than the first two games for sure. But I don't see it selling more than 4m really.

Around the Network
Figgycal said:

I believe it's because it counts the views of people that watch it as an ad on youtube. As in one of those "Click to skip ad" videos. I think. I could be wrong.

Youtube only counts those views if the person does not skip the ad, so you're partially correct.

vivster said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
vivster said:
Not enough.

You're very critcal of Sony titles arent you? Especially underrated ones which could've done better. This just might be the moment of redemption for InFamous.

A fairly undeserved redemption. It does nothing different or better than the previous games.

I can see the unsold copies of Infamous 2 going "THE FUCK!" if this sells significantly better.

It does nothing different? It sounds to me like you played it and completed it already >.>

It will probably be the best selling game in the series by a fair margin, but that's not really saying much.

I think it can break 4 million, largely because it's likely to be the best game on PS4 for quite a while.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

I see it the game performing well. It helps that infamous will be one of the best games on the console for a small period

Around the Network

I think it will surprise a lot of people how well this game will do. I think itll do close to 4.5-5 million units lifetime, it ll also probably have some nice legs.

Survivor Millennial vs Gen X!!

First week, it has a good chance of selling 500k to 750k. Life time, about 3 mil.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Underrated series IMO, but looks like a great game. If/when I pick up a PS4 it will be the first title I probably snag.

On topic, the combined sales of the first two were around 4.5 mil I believe. That was with a much larger hardware base.

Would not put too much stake in the YouTube views.

My guess is around 2.5-3 mil lifetime.

FatedReality said:
I think it will surprise a lot of people how well this game will do. I think itll do close to 4.5-5 million units lifetime, it ll also probably have some nice legs.

2 million sales from people that buy a PS4 in the next 6 months before the order.

1 million sales from people already with a system. Killzone is at 1.5 already. Infamous should do similar.

1 million sales during the holiday.

3 million from legs.

I can see it doing 7 million dude. Resistance: Fall of Man did 4.2 million for comparison.

Since ps4 is more popular then ps3 i expect the serie to grow

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m