By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Why is a $569 PS4 InFamous SS Bundle outselling the system seller $499 Xbox One Titanfall Bundle?

?

Have you seen...InFamous? 147 20.76%

PS+(online+free games) 20 2.82%

Two controllers... Longer Battery 9 1.27%

DAT PS4 DEMAND! 189 26.69%

All of the above 246 34.75%

See the results... 92 12.99%

Total:703
Samus Aran said:
DerNebel said:

$400 for the PS4 + $60 for the extra controller + $50 for 1 year of PSplus + $60 for Infamous

I don't care why you have to pay for multiplayer, fact is you have to (not for mmos and free-to-play online games I think, though).

Fifa is decent, it's pretty damn good actually, I don't like the yearly $60 release either and wouldn't buy it every year, but that doesn't change that it's a very good sports game, you not liking it doesn't change that either btw.

Because the PS3 controller is missing features of the DS4, also how infuriating would it be to have to use the DS3 against someone using the vastly superior DS4?

People obviously think that it's worth it, you're entitled to your opinion of course, doesn't mean that anyone that doesn't share it is a blind Sony fan.

Obviously many people think it's worth it, that's the reason why I made the post the way I did! 

Haven't played the DS4 yet, but what's so vastly different that you can't use the DS3 on the PS4? 

For example on my Wii U I'm very grateful that I can still use my Wii motion controllers because there are many local multiplayer games. I don't want to spend €100 on just controllers. And the Wii mote is vastly different to the Gamepad(which I actually like as a controller, though it needs games developed specifically for it)

You worded your first post very condescending though, but anyway.

The features missing are the touchpad and the share button, things that are noticably worse in my opinion (and I have only tested the DS4 in a store for a bit once, since I don't own a PS4 yet either) are the triggers, the joysticks and just the overall feel of the controller. The DS3 is just alot worse than the DS4.

Sure it would be a nice to be able to use the DS3 on the PS4, I guess, but honestly doing that against your buddy with a DS4 would be like using one of those horrible 3rd party controllers that nobody ever wants to play with, so even if that feature was included most people would still opt to buy a second DS4.

It's like backwards compatibility, a topic people love to complain about on the net, but how often are people actually going to play those older games in the future and if they do how many of those people won't have access to their old consoles when they want to play an older game?

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:
trixiemafia86 said:
Samus Aran said:

Critically acclaimed by reviewers. If you look at the user score on Metacritic it tells a different story. Makes me think the reviews got bought off. FIFA isn't bad if you look at just that game, but it is bad when you look at all the titles that came before it. Not enough changes. Not worth a yearly release. They should just use patches to update the rosters. But EA just wants your money and relies on blind football fans. 

that's just your opinion man. there is no way to verify if the users rating the game are not just butthurt pes fanboys or folks who don't even play football games (just like you, based on your comments). But people seem to love it and buy it every year because they enjoy it. Look at ps4 software sales in EU weekly.

Yes, a lot of European gamers are blind football fans. They'd buy their yearly FIFA regardless of what EA does with it. I'm European, but instead of a blind football fan, I'm a blind cycling fan. But I don't buy Cycling Manager because that game is crappy anyway. :p 

Yes, it's my opinion, that's why I started that sentence with "Makes me think". 

cool then :D

Smartest nam evila

Current Platforms: HighendPC[rip]/PS4/PS3[rip]/Vita[rip]

DerNebel said:
Samus Aran said:
DerNebel said:

$400 for the PS4 + $60 for the extra controller + $50 for 1 year of PSplus + $60 for Infamous

I don't care why you have to pay for multiplayer, fact is you have to (not for mmos and free-to-play online games I think, though).

Fifa is decent, it's pretty damn good actually, I don't like the yearly $60 release either and wouldn't buy it every year, but that doesn't change that it's a very good sports game, you not liking it doesn't change that either btw.

Because the PS3 controller is missing features of the DS4, also how infuriating would it be to have to use the DS3 against someone using the vastly superior DS4?

People obviously think that it's worth it, you're entitled to your opinion of course, doesn't mean that anyone that doesn't share it is a blind Sony fan.

Obviously many people think it's worth it, that's the reason why I made the post the way I did! 

Haven't played the DS4 yet, but what's so vastly different that you can't use the DS3 on the PS4? 

For example on my Wii U I'm very grateful that I can still use my Wii motion controllers because there are many local multiplayer games. I don't want to spend €100 on just controllers. And the Wii mote is vastly different to the Gamepad(which I actually like as a controller, though it needs games developed specifically for it)

You worded your first post very condescending though, but anyway.

The features missing are the touchpad and the share button, things that are noticably worse in my opinion (and I have only tested the DS4 in a store for a bit once, since I don't own a PS4 yet either) are the triggers, the joysticks and just the overall feel of the controller. The DS3 is just alot worse than the DS4.

Sure it would be a nice to be able to use the DS3 on the PS4, I guess, but honestly doing that against your buddy with a DS4 would be like using one of those horrible 3rd party controllers that nobody ever wants to play with, so even if that feature was included most people would still opt to buy a second DS4.

It's like backwards compatibility, a topic people love to complain about on the net, but how often are people actually going to play those older games in the future and if they do how many of those people won't have access to their old consoles when they want to play an older game?

The only reason I don't play Wii games on my Wii U is because Wii games look like total crap on big HD TVs. Otherwise I'd definitely pick up some great Wii games I missed. 

Anyway, I used my GC controller a lot on my Wii and I'm going to use my Wii mote controllers a lot for the Wii U. Though I'll probably have to buy a Wii U pro controller when Mario Kart 8 comes out. 

And yes, I can be condescending sometimes. My apologies. :) 

pezus said:

1. PS4 is hard to find.

2. Most TF One early buyers already have the One.

3. TF is not exclusive.

Yep, that sums it up nicely.

Over at Gaf and other forums, there were two titles in particular that people were wating for to buy a PS4. One was Watch Dogs and the other was Infamous: Second Son.

The PS5 Exists. 

There is no way a PS4 bundle is the best selling item at Gamestop. Do people actually belive this?

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
pezus said:

1. PS4 is hard to find.

2. Most TF One early buyers already have the One.

3. TF is not exclusive.

Yep, that sums it up nicely.

Over at Gaf and other forums, there were two titles in particular that people were wating for to buy a PS4. One was Watch Dogs and the other was Infamous: Second Son.

Yes and we do know that Infamous is exclusive and it's not like PS4 is going to drop off the world's wave of existence when Titanfall will come out.

kurasakiichimaru said:

Yes and we do know that Infamous is exclusive and it's not like PS4 is going to drop off the world's wave of existence when Titanfall will come out.

For some reason people think that the boost Titanfall will create won't be offset in any way by Europe, Japan or a PS4 boost of its own. It's dangerous thinking and is likely to lead to disappointment.

The PS5 Exists. 

Something I have learnt from being in VGC:
1-NEVER trust a site "Best-selling list". It's not a general trend. Numerous times I saw PS3 as #1 for Amazon Best-selling items and 360 was the leader for that week. It means NOTHING!!!!

2- PS4 is selling better than XB1. So, that's part of the anwer. But let's wait for VGC numbers :)

Puppyroach said:

Ok, so the word "guarantee" might be a bit hard, I should have used the word "highly unlikely". This is a site where EVERYTHING we do is making guesswork as to how things will turn out. I assume that you also go in to threads regarding people saying PS4 will completely crush X1 and WiiU, since we don´t have any definitive proof of that, making those arguments (by your own reasoning) stupid?

So, instead of calling other peoples guesses stupid (which is really rude), contribute with your own reasoning instead of bashing others, that might brighten up your day :).

That particular assumption was stupid. Stupid things are stupid. I didn't call you stupid, but generalizing fanbases is definetly stupid. Consider the fact that some people just like to play games regardless of platform.

Also there are different kinds of guesswork: The less evidence or facts you have to base your claim, the less grounded in reality(stupider) that claim is.

I assume that you also go in to threads regarding people saying PS4 will completely crush X1 and WiiU

I do what I want, Don't try and generalize me.

since we don´t have any definitive proof of that

Who is talking about definitive proof, you're assumption was completely baseless and a more ficitional then Alice in Wonderland. There isn't even circumstantial proof.

making those arguments (by your own reasoning) stupid?

There is no reasoning here, you're are just making a Faulty Generalization

Don't get so defensive. The worst thing about your claim is that it subtly insults both xbox and ps fans, which I don't think you even realize. Thus I was hard on you. 

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Because one of them is more desired and price won't make that much of a difference when something is worth it.