By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - The Elder Scrolls Online

I tried it but couldn't get past the intro tutorial since it crashes within a few minutes. Apparently the game is very unstable on Windows XP.

ESO is one reason why I need to order a new PC ASAP.

Around the Network

I'm a The Elder Scrolls fan but I won't even try the game because a MMO is evil and would let me do pretty much nothing else in my life if I would start with it.

Slimebeast said:

I tried it but couldn't get past the intro tutorial since it crashes within a few minutes. Apparently the game is very unstable on Windows XP.

ESO is one reason why I need to order a new PC ASAP.

Its gonna be out on the X1 and PS4 aswell if that interests you.

crissindahouse said:
I'm a The Elder Scrolls fan but I won't even try the game because a MMO is evil and would let me do pretty much nothing else in my life if I would start with it.

The MMO is nothing like the single player games. You would probably be disappointed by it like i was. The only thing elder scrolls about it is the UI and the fact you can aim your attacks. The rest is WoW copy paste with empty envyronments. Pretty dire.

I've heard mostly negative things about this game. I'll be sticking with Guildwars 2 for a long time to come.

Dulfite said:
I've heard mostly negative things about this game. I'll be sticking with Guildwars 2 for a long time to come.

Guild Wars 2 is nothing to write home about. That game continues to go on its own jolly way, but on that F2P model it can never flourish to its full potencial and keeps slowly dieing like SWTOR.

It is the non-MMO player dream MMO though.

I'm hoping they are working on GW3, because GW1 has such a better, more addicting formula.

Around the Network

What's with that extra edition, you can become the Imperial race and get a horse for free, but what else does it give you?

crissindahouse said:

What game is the screenshot in your sig from?

tombi123 said:
crissindahouse said:

What game is the screenshot in your sig from?

The Witcher 3

I've gotten into quite a few beta weekends over the past year, and while several kinks have been ironed out with each new beta phase, I'm still not convinced that The Elder Scrolls Online is worth a subscription from me yet. I think the game's best achievement is its combat, which manages to bring something fresh into the MMO market. On the other hand, the game doesn't seem to have the polish that Star Wars: The Old Republic had during its beta phases (I actually enjoyed TOR quite a bit, although I'm no longer a subscriber).

I think the worst part about ESO is that it doesn't really convey the same amount of wonder while exploring that the main series is able to do. Of course, my experience is limited to only the first few zones in the game, so that may improve, but at least for now, I haven't been impressed by the exploration.

I'm personally more excited about the idea of a next-gen TES: VI, which I fear may not be announced for at least another few years.

arcelonious said:
I've gotten into quite a few beta weekends over the past year, and while several kinks have been ironed out with each new beta phase, I'm still not convinced that The Elder Scrolls Online is worth a subscription from me yet. I think the game's best achievement is its combat, which manages to bring something fresh into the MMO market. On the other hand, the game doesn't seem to have the polish that Star Wars: The Old Republic had during its beta phases (I actually enjoyed TOR quite a bit, although I'm no longer a subscriber).

I think the worst part about ESO is that it doesn't really convey the same amount of wonder while exploring that the main series is able to do. Of course, my experience is limited to only the first few zones in the game, so that may improve, but at least for now, I haven't been impressed by the exploration.

I'm personally more excited about the idea of a next-gen TES: VI, which I fear may not be announced for at least another few years.

Exactly!

Even Korriban looked better than all off the places I visited in ESO, and it conveyed a sense of exploration. Outside of town is so empty,  its just filled with etchstones, mobs, and instance quest NPCs. 

I remember when I replayed Skyrim on the PS3 and turned off the map and compass for the lawls. I ended up in god damn Falkreath completely off the game's script and had run into many instance enemies who like witches who just caught me interruptting their ceremony and where peaved. That doesn't happen in this game.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank