By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global up - Feb 22 - PS4 449,705/Xbox One 56,769

Justagamer said:
pezus said:
I feel like I'm the only one in the world who hasn't played Knack

No, certainly not the only one! I haven't played it. I am a bit interested in playing it though. If I see it for like $10-$20, I'll bite. I'm hoping ps+ though.... Save me some $$$

I wouldn't buy it to be honest. I reckon it won't be long before it comes to PS+. I'm surprised it's not in the March update.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
kowenicki said:

Amateurish.  Its embarrasing and transparently obvious that japanese numbers are simply cribbed from an external source, this proves it beyond doubt.  A vigilent lawyer could easily fire a law suit for copyright issues based on this evidence alone.  Its far too coincidental.

Its a part of the HW bundle so retail is still selling it. I thought WWHD were tracked too?

kowenicki said:
Max King of the Wild said:
kowenicki said:

Amateurish.  Its embarrasing and transparently obvious that japanese numbers are simply cribbed from an external source, this proves it beyond doubt.  A vigilent lawyer could easily fire a law suit for copyright issues based on this evidence alone.  Its far too coincidental.

Its a part of the HW bundle so retail is still selling it. I thought WWHD were tracked too?

thats not new, counting them is. see my post above this one.

Well, the fact that they are counting those numbers is something positive, I mean, more info for us, the VGC user. The fact that they are only doing so for this title is negative... and suspicious. The fact that VGC won't be able to follow digital downloads numbers will make all SW numbers useless. So something has to be done. VGC NEEDS to address this ASAP.

kowenicki said:
OdinHades said:
kowenicki said:
any legit reason why knack digital downloads are counted here when no digital downloads previously ever have been counted or ARE currently being counted?

Stupid.

Because the digital downloads are sold at retail.

bundled digital downloads.

like... halo reach for instance and countless other games with digital bundles that werent counted.

If they were bundled with EVERY XB sold in a given region, they should have been counted, as they were trackable with the same tools and sources VGC uses for HW. OTOH, if they weren't bundled with every console in a region, neither for a well defined period, tracking them weekly would be very difficult, although if the available stock was revealed, after a while a cumulative adjustment should be possible. You could ask ioi about this, but intuitively, if a game's digital version is bundled with every console in a given region, forever or for a given period, tracking it should be a lot easier, in the other cases there are many factors that can make it more or less difficult.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Maybe the simple answer is that they have changed their approach to a new generation of consoles and are now including digital downloads?

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
alrightiwill said:
Maybe the simple answer is that they have changed their approach to a new generation of consoles and are now including digital downloads?

Well, I guess we'll see.  FIFA and Forza4 were digital bundles on ONE in UK and elsewhere, where they counted?

How would you be able to differentiate though. You could only get one.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

kowenicki said:

Well, I guess we'll see.  FIFA and Forza4 were digital bundles on ONE in UK and elsewhere, where they counted?

http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/41602/UK/

Looking at those numbers, Id say yeah. Those FIFA numbers are obvious bundle numbers. Its even more obvious when you look at the Week after.

http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/41609/UK/

sales2099 said:
sully1311 said:
sales2099 said:

Don't see how that is "wow" worthy. A differing opinion sure, but you gotta admit he has a point with wanting a new generation to offer something new. Nintendo is doing their thing, Xbox is promoting a upgraded Kinect that integrates your whole entertainment center, and PS4......has better looking games?

Not Sonys fault, they do what the people want. Its gamers that are too closed minded. Hate change, entitlement, etc etc.

The PS4 is cheaper. That's why its doing so well. Why do gamers hate change?

That's another thing all together that goes into the psychological. Gaming represents youth and escape from mundacity of life. Change represents growing up and life moving forward, which many are not mentally capable of accepting. I'm talking deep subconscious stuff, just my take.

What drugs are you on? 

Joex2 said:
Sad to ser the PS4 selling. People wait 7 years for the new generation and only want best graphics? Xbox One is a true new generation console: Kinect 2, cloud, voice, best apps, etc...

- People already got Kinect in 2010.  It didn't have long lasting appeal for core gamers.  Kinect is mostly a dance game accessory for casual gamers, and fun toy for young children, which doesn't make sense with a $500 console.  Children can still play XB360, or something else.
- Cloud is over hyped, and XB1 doesn't have a monopoly on cloud.
- TV Apps is a crowded space.  It's just one more thing that does apps along with TV, cable box, BD player, Chromecast, Roku, etc.  XB1 does many things - none of them really great.

Voice yes, XB1 has a better implementation than PS4, but does that justify the higher price and lower performance?  It's biggest justification seems to be that XB1's UI is hard to navigate without it, which sounds like a circular argument.

Without Kinect they could have had a cheaper camera or microphone array and then have XB1 match PS4's price and still keep the voice recognition.

If you recall the XB360 was a console with options, while the PS3 was a more expensive all-in one.  XB360 had a cheap 4GB model, HDD was extra, WiFi was extra, HD DVD was extra, Xbox Live was extra.  All these made it possible for MS to sell the base console really cheap and attract a wider range of buyers, while core gamers would still buy the Pro model with HDD, etc.  MS should have stuck to their model which gave them such a boost in Gen 7, instead of picking the PS3 all-in one model which had a really slow start.

My 8th gen collection

kowenicki said:
trixiemafia86 said:
kowenicki said:
any legit reason why knack digital downloads are counted here when no digital downloads previously ever have been counted or ARE currently being counted?

Stupid.

was surprised too lol.. famitsu and mediacreate influence?

What copyright law is being violated?

And why amateurish? VGC makes adjustments when its US numbers are way off compared to NPD, so why wouldn't VGC use sales data that comes out before VGC data to inform its own numbers?

I do agree that counting digital sales for some games and not for others is bad practice.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix