By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global up - Feb 22 - PS4 449,705/Xbox One 56,769

How hard is it to understand, they include digital sales when they can estimate them with a certain degree of accuracy and they don't when they can't. It's not like Sony or Microsoft tell us on a weekly basis what game sold how much on PSN and Xbox Live

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Around the Network

It's a bundled game. Should VGC also remove the tens of millions of Nintendo games that are bundled with their consoles, and also count zero sales for bundled TItanfall?

My 8th gen collection

lukeroux said:
AZWification said:

It's not like PS4's launch in Japan had any effect whatsoever. Also, hooray for irrelevant  Wii U boost.

MS could launch in JP too.

And when it does we'll have to discount those numbers as well. Not that it will make that much of a difference TBH.

sales2099 said:
sully1311 said:
sales2099 said:

Don't see how that is "wow" worthy. A differing opinion sure, but you gotta admit he has a point with wanting a new generation to offer something new. Nintendo is doing their thing, Xbox is promoting a upgraded Kinect that integrates your whole entertainment center, and PS4......has better looking games?

Not Sonys fault, they do what the people want. Its gamers that are too closed minded. Hate change, entitlement, etc etc.

The PS4 is cheaper. That's why its doing so well. Why do gamers hate change?

That's another thing all together that goes into the psychological. Gaming represents youth and escape from mundacity of life. Change represents growing up and life moving forward, which many are not mentally capable of accepting. I'm talking deep subconscious stuff, just my take.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
sales2099 said:
sully1311 said:
sales2099 said:

Not Sonys fault, they do what the people want. Its gamers that are too closed minded. Hate change, entitlement, etc etc.

That's another thing all together that goes into the psychological. Gaming represents youth and escape from mundacity of life. Change represents growing up and life moving forward, which many are not mentally capable of accepting. I'm talking deep subconscious stuff, just my take.

LMAO I act the same. This guy is a golden joke. Thinking he's smarter than the average gamer and trying to say MS are misunderstood genious.
Hey man, I don't want an inferior console for 500 bucks with a camera inside my home. Deal with it... I'm probably to closed minded. And by the way we don't forget MS's DRM things.

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
sully1311 said:
sales2099 said:

Don't see how that is "wow" worthy. A differing opinion sure, but you gotta admit he has a point with wanting a new generation to offer something new. Nintendo is doing their thing, Xbox is promoting a upgraded Kinect that integrates your whole entertainment center, and PS4......has better looking games?

I am a 41 year old adult male.  I've been married for almost 20 years to the same committed woman.  I'm a proud father of a wonderful three year old.  I've been serving as a deacon of my church for around five years, now.  I've been working in the metal building industry for almost 20 years while being employed by the biggest steel provider (NUCOR) in the United States of America.  My wife and I are currently in the process of selling our house and her mother's house to buy a bigger, more accomodating house to help take care of her mother due to terminal illness.  Legally, physically, mentally, and spiritually, I am an adult, and enjoy video games.  As an adult (as with any adult), I can use my leisurely time to enjoy watching Walking Dead and Doctor Who. I can do the same with video games, while as a Nintendo fanboy at heart, is more attacted to the PS4 over the Xbox One out of personal preference.  This has nothing to do with change, and you are so full of yourself.  I'm talking the reality of life, just my take.

LivingMetal said:
sales2099 said:
sully1311 said:
sales2099 said:

I am a 41 year old adult male.  I've been married for almost 20 years to the same committed woman.  I'm a proud father of a wonderful three year old.  I've been serving as a deacon of my church for around five years, now.  I've been working in the metal building industry for almost 20 years while being employed by the biggest steel provider (NUCOR) in the United States of America.  My wife and I are currently in the process of selling our house and her mother's house to buy a bigger, more accomodating house to help take care of her mother due to terminal illness.  Legally, physically, mentally, and spiritually, I am an adult, and enjoy video games.  As an adult (as with any adult), I can use my leisurely time to enjoy watching Walking Dead and Doctor Who. I can do the same with video games, while as a Nintendo fanboy at heart, is more attacted to the PS4 over the Xbox One out of personal preference.  This has nothing to do with change, and you are so full of yourself.  I'm talking the reality of life, just my take.

Wonderful post.

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

kowenicki said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
kowenicki said:
alrightiwill said:
Maybe the simple answer is that they have changed their approach to a new generation of consoles and are now including digital downloads?

Well, I guess we'll see.  FIFA and Forza4 were digital bundles on ONE in UK and elsewhere, where they counted?

How would you be able to differentiate though. You could only get one.

Yep.

the argument against Halo reach was other bundles are difficult to track and if we cant track one we shoudlnt track any... but now... ?

Oh for the love of... VGC also counted the Wii Party U digital bundle in Japan, why? Because Famitsu/MC tracked it. Since their numbers are taken as fact it would be silly not to take the Knack numbers and use them on the site. If Knack was bundled digitally in the US/Europe then VGC wouldn't track it because they wouldn't have an accurate way of doing it. If Famitsu and Media Create track digital sales then so will VGC, since ioi uses their number for Japan. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!