By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Official Price Cut announced for XBOX ONE in the UK £399.99

Carl2291 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Offering free content to those who have the X1 prior to the new bundle would be great, but they don't owe it. That's the price of instant gratification.

Many games released during the holiday can be found for $40 or less. Did the publisher screw you for wanting instant gratification? No.

"They hyped the console for being worth the price." Wow, great argument. I think that's is for consumers to decide, no?

If the Brits hold out for a few years they can get the X1 and Titanfall significantly cheaper. Those who feel screwed should consider that as well.

Selling more consoles is best for X1 userbase period. So turning this into MS screwed people is dumb. Its costing MS money to even offer this.

They dont owe it at all, I agree. They dont have to do anything. Id just feel incredibly screwed if I bought a console ready for Titanfall, when I could have just waited the 3 Months after launch and saved myself £80.

Fuck, imagine how someone who went out and bought an Xbox One after playing the Titanfall beta with a friend feels. Its not just about the people who bought the Xbox One at launch, its the people who have been buying the Xbox One with hopes/hype from Titanfall since launch. £80 is a lot of money for a lot of people.

Many games get released and cut a few Weeks/Months later. This is the norm and its expected. A console getting a pricecut isnt the norm just 3 Months after release. If the machine was worth the launch asking price, it wouldnt be struggling so badly at retail. The fact is that games make a system worth the price, and the Xbox One simply doesnt have the library to justify a £430 pricepoint... Thats why we are seeing the cut so early, because theyre just not being competitive.

The whole point is, they have announced a pricecut just three months after launch. Its unheard of. For a comparison, the Xbox 360 hasnt had a permanent pricecut to the mass market model since 2008! Its not the fact that theyre cutting the price, or that theyre bundling Titanfall for free thats the problem. Its that its happening so soon after launch.

Maybe saying Microsoft are screwing people is wrong. I can agree with that. People will feel screwed though. It would be nice of them to offer something for the early adopters at least, or for people who have a Titanfall preorder already in place.

Early adopting has it's prices. Those people played an X1 for a few months or less now, which in response to this I could say it is a early adopter tax. Also, 360's first official price cut was august 2007, coinciding with Bioshock's release, and it would make 0 sense to price cut in 2006 when both its competitors didn't even launch yet.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
selnor1983 said:
Fusioncode said:
selnor1983 said:
JoeTheBro said:
Sales will be super interesting for the next few weeks in uk and ww. Also PS4 to XBONE ratio was about 3:1 last week, so this should be enough to beat it at least for a week.

I doubt overall though. PS4 is available in ALOT more countries. But I do expect Xbox One to beat PS4 in the countries Xbox One is released in. Maybe not a few small EU sales countries like Spain. But UK and US Xbox One will own for the rest of the year.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha

Oh Selnor, one day you need to realize that not everyone in the world is as excited for Titanfall as you. There some people who like different games. One game is not going to suddenly make the XBO start outselling the PS4 in the UK and US where it is currently being slaughtered. Especially a game that most people will buy on 360 anyways.

And just accept the fact that the PS4 is more powerful and games will continue to look better on it for the rest of the gen. Everyone else has. 

I agree. Not everyone is into online shooters. But there is easily what 15 mill gamers who buy and play online shooters. All the COD sales are for its online, not its SP which is pretty slated every review. BF also. The only real shooter on console which also has MP that is bought for story is Halo. Its story has over 6 mill people following on it according to the special features on Halo 3's disc. That was back in 2007.

But Titanfall is going to perk the interest of the online shooter lovers in both MS and Sony camps.

I didnt say PS4 wasnt more powerful, I am simply stating that the reason the res difference you see currently is as devs have said, down to the SDK. The difference wont be so big come 2nd gen games.

Id o agree there are A LOT of people who love to play online shooters. More than 15mil is you ask me. But that doesn't mean that they love ALL online shooters. For instance I am not into Halo nor BF online. But love playing COD and KZ online. So while I personally think Titanfall is fun not every online shooter fan will feel the same. So all those fans won't go for it(even though I think A LOT will). And REALLY can't see teh people who went out and bought a PS4 trading it in just for XB1 and Titanfall especially when they can get the same game on 360 and for cheaper as well.

Don't get me wrong I think Titanfall will do GREAT and hope it does as well seeing as when I get my XB1 next year I will be picking it up. And give it a VERY nice boost in UK and US more than anywhere else. But I don't see this being enough to make the Xb1 outsell the PS4 for the rest of the year. Also while you are right 2nd gen games will look better with the better optimization of hardware. That also means that the XB1 and PS4 will both be better optimized. So I think the difference will remain the same personally. Though of course I could be wrong.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

sales2099 said:

Early adopting has it's prices. Those people played an X1 for a few months or less now, which in response to this I could say it is a early adopter tax. Also, 360's first official price cut was august 2007, coinciding with Bioshock's release, and it would make 0 sense to price cut in 2006 when both its competitors didn't even launch yet.

August 2007? Almost two years after launch? Thanks.

Okay how about this - You didnt get an Xbox One at launch. Instead, you went out and bought one after trying the Titanfall beta. Today you see this news - How do you feel?

selnor1983 said:

Theres going to be so many people backtracking when PS4 isnt killing in visuals from xmas 2014 onwards. Hell apart from some res stuff, its arguably Ryse thats the best looking game till Infamous 2nd son drops.

Again, Ill listen to the developers of the last 6 months thanks.

Still waiting for an explanation how a 40% weaker gpu can be offset by a SDK. Also, please explain why Sony SDK cannot improve as well?? That's what I thought.

TheBlackNaruto said:
selnor1983 said:
Fusioncode said:
selnor1983 said:
JoeTheBro said:
Sales will be super interesting for the next few weeks in uk and ww. Also PS4 to XBONE ratio was about 3:1 last week, so this should be enough to beat it at least for a week.

I doubt overall though. PS4 is available in ALOT more countries. But I do expect Xbox One to beat PS4 in the countries Xbox One is released in. Maybe not a few small EU sales countries like Spain. But UK and US Xbox One will own for the rest of the year.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha

Oh Selnor, one day you need to realize that not everyone in the world is as excited for Titanfall as you. There some people who like different games. One game is not going to suddenly make the XBO start outselling the PS4 in the UK and US where it is currently being slaughtered. Especially a game that most people will buy on 360 anyways.

And just accept the fact that the PS4 is more powerful and games will continue to look better on it for the rest of the gen. Everyone else has. 

I agree. Not everyone is into online shooters. But there is easily what 15 mill gamers who buy and play online shooters. All the COD sales are for its online, not its SP which is pretty slated every review. BF also. The only real shooter on console which also has MP that is bought for story is Halo. Its story has over 6 mill people following on it according to the special features on Halo 3's disc. That was back in 2007.

But Titanfall is going to perk the interest of the online shooter lovers in both MS and Sony camps.

I didnt say PS4 wasnt more powerful, I am simply stating that the reason the res difference you see currently is as devs have said, down to the SDK. The difference wont be so big come 2nd gen games.

Id o agree there are A LOT of people who love to play online shooters. More than 15mil is you ask me. But that doesn't mean that they love ALL online shooters. For instance I am not into Halo nor BF online. But love playing COD and KZ online. So while I personally think Titanfall is fun not every online shooter fan will feel the same. So all those fans won't go for it(even though I think A LOT will). And REALLY can't see teh people who went out and bought a PS4 trading it in just for XB1 and Titanfall especially when they can get the same game on 360 and for cheaper as well.

Don't get me wrong I think Titanfall will do GREAT and hope it does as well seeing as when I get my XB1 next year I will be picking it up. And give it a VERY nice boost in UK and US more than anywhere else. But I don't see this being enough to make the Xb1 outsell the PS4 for the rest of the year. Also while you are right 2nd gen games will look better with the better optimization of hardware. That also means that the XB1 and PS4 will both be better optimized. So I think the difference will remain the same personally. Though of course I could be wrong.

Sure. Not all online lovers will love it, but alot will. Its the right side of competitive to be mainstream.

With the SDK's MS were behind. So they are playing catch up not doing blow for blow yet. The cheaper route of ESRAM instead of GDDR5 saved them money but cost them in SDK development time. Sony didnt have to write for the different memory architectures, as theirs is unified. So although I expect PS4 SDK to improve further, it will be less each time. As is natural. Unlike Xbox One which was simply just behind.

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
sales2099 said:

August 2007? Almost two years after launch? Thanks.

Okay how about this - You didnt get an Xbox One at launch. Instead, you went out and bought one after trying the Titanfall beta. Today you see this news - How do you feel?

Again....the entirety of 2006 is a freebie cause PS3/Wii weren't out. So really its August compared to March, 5 month difference.

Come to think of it, this isn't even a global price cut, just a regional one.

Sure I would feel annoyed. But I played the beta and those others have to wait another few weeks. Time is money and I spent my time with a X1 while they didn't and get to save money as a result.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

selnor1983 said:
Fusioncode said:
selnor1983 said:
JoeTheBro said:

Hahahahahahahahahahaha

Nothing to do with sdk, everything ro do with hardware.  X1 has big bottlenecks.

FlamingWeazel said:
selnor1983 said:

Theres going to be so many people backtracking when PS4 isnt killing in visuals from xmas 2014 onwards. Hell apart from some res stuff, its arguably Ryse thats the best looking game till Infamous 2nd son drops.

Still waiting for an explanation how a 40% weaker gpu can be offset by a SDK. Also, please explain why Sony SDK cannot improve as well?? That's what I thought.

As I said. Im referring to why current titles are not 1080p on Xbox One. Its due to poor SDK for proper implementation to ESRAM. Nothing to do with the GPU. And yes Sony will improve  their SDK. But that doesnt stray from the fact MS were behind, especially on using the ESRAM effectively. Every developer has statted the downed res was due to 32 mb ESRAM. The new Tiling technique in the updated SDK has solved this. This was never about GPU.

selnor1983 said:
FlamingWeazel said:
selnor1983 said:

As I said. Im referring to why current titles are not 1080p on Xbox One. Its due to poor SDK for proper implementation to ESRAM. Nothing to do with the GPU. And yes Sony will improve  their SDK. But that doesnt stray from the fact MS were behind, especially on using the ESRAM effectively. Every developer has statted the downed res was due to 32 mb ESRAM. The new Tiling technique in the updated SDK has solved this. This was never about GPU.

The gpu is the single most important processor for graphics in a  system, it has everything to do with it. Saying gpu has nothing to do with it is dilusion. Even if more x1 titles hit 1080p they will have less effects, lower performance, less AA etc... PArity is a myth, it is impossible when one system has 40% more gpu power to push pixlls and shaders.

The spin in this thread is making me dizzy.

This is a desperate move by a company who after making mistake after mistake, are trying to remain relevant in what was once their second strongest market.

No spin can deny these facts.

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron