By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Official Price Cut announced for XBOX ONE in the UK £399.99

Price cut on in the UK..... OK, wake up and smell the coffee folks. If MS did a world wide Price cut, it may not work, .... SO they r using UK as a test market. If it works, u will see it everywhere, they will be able to sell the potential losses on each console to the MS Brass and work on install base for the future.

If it fails and Sony contiues it UK dominance, then nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Around the Network
FlamingWeazel said:
selnor1983 said:
Sardauk said:
Blah blah blah gpu, blah blah blah desperate moves....

I'm in with this bundle !!

See. LOL. This move will work. It will sell Xbox Ones. Lots of people are jumping at this.

It will sell a few, but not near the extent you think, and it will still get outsold weekly by ther ps4.

Who caaaares ? We will be playing Titanfall ! You guys enjoy Cod Ghost....whatever... 

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

Sardauk said:
FlamingWeazel said:
selnor1983 said:
Sardauk said:
Blah blah blah gpu, blah blah blah desperate moves....

I'm in with this bundle !!

See. LOL. This move will work. It will sell Xbox Ones. Lots of people are jumping at this.

It will sell a few, but not near the extent you think, and it will still get outsold weekly by ther ps4.

Who caaaares ? We will be playing Titanfall ! You guys enjoy Cod Ghost....whatever... 

Yes because COD is the only game on and coming to ps4 right? Who cares? You know this is a sales site right?

Cutting the price this early smacks of desperation. They have tonnes of unsold consoles in all the territories with very little demand and while cutting the price might help I can't see it correcting the issue. Sony won't need to cut the price for a while due to the backlog of orders for the console.

is this the last role of the dice for msft and the xboxone? In my opinion they would be better of ditching this console - come back in a couple of years out of cycle and release a new one.

FlamingWeazel said:
Sardauk said:

Yes because COD is the only game on and coming to ps4 right? Who cares? You know this is a sales site right?

Well as was told to me by many-a-PS3 fan: You can't play sales. :P

Sales are great but games are better.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
sales2099 said:

Again....the entirety of 2006 is a freebie cause PS3/Wii weren't out. So really its August compared to March, 5 month difference.

Come to think of it, this isn't even a global price cut, just a regional one.

Sure I would feel annoyed. But I played the beta and those others have to wait another few weeks. Time is money and I spent my time with a X1 while they didn't and get to save money as a result.

The 360 was on the market and competing primarily with the PS2, NDS and PSP. It had competition on the market, it just had more competition when Wii/PS3 launched. Its similar to the 3DS pricecut from before when the Vita launched.

The difference is, Nintendo offered something to disgruntled 3DS early adopters. Im curious to see if Microsoft offer something to people in the same way.

Like MS (and us fans) cared about 360 competing against last gen hardware and handhelds.

This is a region specific, limited-time offer. Not a global price cut. When the bundle is done being made, all that is left is the launch price X1's.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
FlamingWeazel said:
Sardauk said:

Relevant how? Many ps3 fans does not equal every ps fan on the planet.  Playstation has games, sony's first party and a more steady stream of content since launch over x1, see Outlast, Daylight, contrast, on top of AAA games like infamous, The show. MS has titanfall then nothing until fall.

FlamingWeazel said:
sales2099 said:

Relevant how? Many ps3 fans does not equal every ps fan on the planet.  Playstation has games, sony's first party and a more steady stream of content since launch over x1, see Outlast, Daylight, contrast, on top of AAA games like infamous, The show. MS has titanfall then nothing until fall.

It was a meme, along with "just wait". lol stop with the internet census requests, and that wasn't even the point (the point was the wisdom in the words). You include digital games, and you assume X1 won't have any digital/retail big name games until fall? lol that is so wrong.

Carl2291 said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

This is actually true...and unless they do something like what was done with the 3DS then while this price cut and deal is AMAZING(including Titanfall as well) it is a DIRECT slap in the face to those who JUST bought the console only 5 months ago. Usually price cuts like this happen over maybe 1 or 2 years but 5 freaking months that is kind of unheard of for something like this.

It is a good move to get new buyers but a slap in teh face to "early adopters" and could cause some backlash. But time will tell!

In all fairness, over here they launched with FIFA and/or Forza.

Which makes me think. First FIFA, then Titanfall. Both for free. Just how much money are Microsoft paying EA?

i would bet on shit loads of money, the question is, is it really worth it?

sales2099 said:

Like MS (and us fans) cared about 360 competing against last gen hardware and handhelds.

This is a region specific, limited-time offer. Not a global price cut. When the bundle is done being made, all that is left is the launch price X1's.

Believe it or not, Microsoft was competing with them platforms. Youre not going to sell just because youre the only next gen console on the market, thats not how it works - Look at the Wii U. Xbox as a brand is directly competing with everything else in the videogame store and a pricecut (be it the UK or New Zealand, Sony) at such a short spell after launch is simply bad.