By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Official Price Cut announced for XBOX ONE in the UK £399.99

Blood_Tears said:
wow, If I was a launch X1 buyer, I would be pissed!

30 pounds is not a big drop.  I would have been more pissed if would have bought a 3DS before the price drop but those people got rewarded with 10 pretty good games.

Around the Network

Lacking Riiiiiidge Racer and Giant Enemy Crabs to justify the previous price, there wasn't much else they could do.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Wow..MS waiving white flag in UK already? Cant be a good sign

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Are they going to do anything like Nintendo did for the early adopters of the 3ds? A bag of 20 Xbox360 and original Xbox games would sure make me feel just fucking dandy about paying the 500euros instead of 400 for the system, in fact I'd go and buy one right now if they did offer anything like it.

This is indeed an early price drop but I guess if you look at the EU numbers for the last week it got outsold by the Vita aka the handheld Doom thread creator. Hats off for MS being proactive rather than letting things slide tbh, just as long as they reward those first buyers, 12 months of live or so would be perfect and wouldn't cost MS a cent.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Moral of the story: Wait even longer to buy an Xbox One. If things continue the way they are, I expect MS to make further drastic measures in the future.

Around the Network
Cirio said:
Moral of the story: Wait even longer to buy an Xbox One. If things continue the way they are, I expect MS to make further drastic measures in the future.

The patient ones are waiting for Halo 5.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
Cirio said:

I agree with you, MS should have been more patient and waited for Halo 5 too.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

sales2099 said:
Cirio said:

Your waiting for H5?  I thought you would have definitely picked up an X1 already for Forza at least.

That's still alot but still better value than an iPad

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Blood_Tears said:
sales2099 said:
Cirio said:

Your waiting for H5?  I thought you would have definitely picked up an X1 already for Forza at least.

I see that Forza was unfortunately rushed for launch. Forza 5 will have that time and polish that Turn 10 is known for.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles.