By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Official Price Cut announced for XBOX ONE in the UK £399.99

Seriously flamingweazel. Its over. There's no point to discuss further. We are on different boats.

Around the Network

Won't sell. I don't know why these companies do this stuff. It never works. Europe has spoken.

greenmedic88 said:
Zekkyou said:
legend92(3) said:
How much was it beforehand?

£429.99 (so a £30/$50 price cut)

But it also comes with Titanfall, correct? That's a $60 game and the reason a lot of people are looking at the XB1 as a game console.

I'm already committed to the PS4 as my lead gaming platform, but if the XB1 dropped to $450 with Titanfall bundled, that's essentially a $110 price drop without dropping any features or hardware.

It's too bad I had no intention of buying Titanfall, even on PC, which is what I'd be playing it on, but still... That is a good package at a good price.

In the UK and Europe you get Fifa 14 for free, so the value of TF can only be counted if the bundle still comes with Fifa 14. If you only get TF then that's just swapping out one free game for another, so the price cut is still just the £30.

This deal should give xb one the win for the launch week and perhaps the week after, and if there is a permanent drop to £399 then the weekly PS4 lead should reduce somewhat. But this move in itself doesn't give the UK back to Xbox. The only way that will happen is if the price at the till is the same as or less than PS4 price at the till. Is there an indication that this price drop is across the board or is it only a TF deal?

It seems MS realised the game is not really selling itself as a reason to get Xb one, so incentives are required.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

how has price announcement turned into spec talk, bottom line is the graphics card in a P.S.4 along with the faster memory is superior to those in a Xbox1.......

improved software or this esram will not close that gap, the raw hardware in a P.S.4 is better and in upcoming years the visual gap will widen!!!!

this is why I said earlier the Xbox1 should be £299 without kinect, I feel that's a fair price for what you get and would be worth considering purchasing, but at the moment the value and specs per price on Ulf P.S.4 is much better.

I'm hoping to get one this year I predict kinect to be dropped and price lowered still

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

binary solo said:

In the UK and Europe you get Fifa 14 for free, so the value of TF can only be counted if the bundle still comes with Fifa 14. If you only get TF then that's just swapping out one free game for another, so the price cut is still just the £30.

This deal should give xb one the win for the launch week and perhaps the week after, and if there is a permanent drop to £399 then the weekly PS4 lead should reduce somewhat. But this move in itself doesn't give the UK back to Xbox. The only way that will happen is if the price at the till is the same as or less than PS4 price at the till. Is there an indication that this price drop is across the board or is it only a TF deal?

It seems MS realised the game is not really selling itself as a reason to get Xb one, so incentives are required.

I figured a $399 XB1 bundle with Halo 5 would be the incentive to put a significant number of consoles in consumer hands, but that may be too far off if MS wants to avoid the appearance of resorting to drastic measures to improve the perceived success of the platform. A Black Friday bundle like this would do extremely well, but it's more a matter of units sold versus sustainable losses on each unit sold. 

I'm curious to see what sort of effect TF will have for XB1 sales; not just during the launch, but sustained through 2014. I'm not convinced it's the magic bullet some are hoping/expecting it to be. 

Free games have not been proven to be much of an incentive, but when paired with a price cut, this seems to improve the perceived value of a package in most consumers' minds. Either way, the XB1 needs both just based upon post launch sales figures. 

Around the Network

good move, in my opinion. If the bundle gets a price drop in OZ I'd be all over that. Shit! I am considering getting one at a $AUS600 price tag - even if it means sacrificing my Wii U budget

Xbox 360 preorder numbers must have been comparable for MS to bundle their best game with the system. Biggest mistake was to make the game multiplatform

i think we should all hate on the xbox forever and ever and make Sony and ps4 kings of everything who is with me?

xS7SxSNIPER said:
i think we should all hate on the xbox forever and ever and make Sony and ps4 kings of everything who is with me?

Japan, Europe and NA so far. 

Max King of the Wild said:
xS7SxSNIPER said:

Japan, Europe and NA so far. 

You sly, sly son of a...

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.