By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Official Price Cut announced for XBOX ONE in the UK £399.99

Well Xbox One is right on the money for pricing. It got a price drop almost as fast as the Original Xbox.

At least this time they held out long enough to not have to compensate early adopters. (Xbox dropped from £299 to £199 within 2 months of release.)

Still not quite low enough for me. But when they shave another £100 off it I'll pick one up for the exclusives.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Around the Network

They are just testing the market. That's why they didn't cut the console price and instead released a discounted bundle. And that's why it's UK only. For that price, it's probably at a loss. If it doesn't help sales by a decent margin, they will just discontinue the bundle or increase its price and call it a day.

Fusioncode said:
kirby007 said:
Fusioncode said:
selnor1983 said:
JoeTheBro said:
Sales will be super interesting for the next few weeks in uk and ww. Also PS4 to XBONE ratio was about 3:1 last week, so this should be enough to beat it at least for a week.

I doubt overall though. PS4 is available in ALOT more countries. But I do expect Xbox One to beat PS4 in the countries Xbox One is released in. Maybe not a few small EU sales countries like Spain. But UK and US Xbox One will own for the rest of the year.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha

Oh Selnor, one day you need to realize that not everyone in the world is as excited for Titanfall as you. There some people who like different games. One game is not going to suddenly make the XBO start outselling the PS4 in the UK and US where it is currently being slaughtered. Especially a game that most people will buy on 360 anyways.

And just accept the fact that the PS4 is more powerful and games will continue to look better on it for the rest of the gen. Everyone else has. 

a generation is long, you sure you stick with that what you said in bolded?

Happily. 

Come on, are people in denial? It's a 50% power diff on the GPU, equal CPU, faster memory. It's more powerful and it will always be. There is no magic here. The fact that the architecture is the same even allow to compare it directly without worrying about details. Well, I guess some people were arguing that PS2 was more powerful than GC and XB in 2001.

selnor1983 said:
riecsou said:

When you say it like that it really doesn't make you look  as a fan boy. Sorry for quickly labeling you. But there are fan boys on both side and me sometimes I myself will sound as a fan boy if I were to engage a discussion with a fan boy that I would consider too extreme.

How does this make me look a fanboy? PS4 is a real cheap launch price. And PS3 owners are more likely to drop at launch with tat price and few  games than Xbox owners with a higher price. Why not wait to see Titanfalls numbers. Its my opinion about the sales. Baased on pricing. No need to use naming in your posts.

I said it doesn't make you look as fan boy. And then I even say "Sorry for quickly labeling you". And then I went to say that this happen sometimes to me too to sound like a fan boy, when I am engaging a fan boy that is kind of extreme (not you especially). So I though the reason maybe you sounded like a fan boy in the beginning might be related to you starting an argument with another extreme fanboy in the beginning of the thread. I quickly took my comment back and even say "sorry". I guess I didn't explained myself clearly. And I think your point is valid is most of Xbox360 users you know have not jumped the ship yet. Like you say we will have to wait and see.

Fusioncode said:
selnor1983 said:
JoeTheBro said:
Sales will be super interesting for the next few weeks in uk and ww. Also PS4 to XBONE ratio was about 3:1 last week, so this should be enough to beat it at least for a week.

I doubt overall though. PS4 is available in ALOT more countries. But I do expect Xbox One to beat PS4 in the countries Xbox One is released in. Maybe not a few small EU sales countries like Spain. But UK and US Xbox One will own for the rest of the year.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha

Oh Selnor, one day you need to realize that not everyone in the world is as excited for Titanfall as you. There some people who like different games. One game is not going to suddenly make the XBO start outselling the PS4 in the UK and US where it is currently being slaughtered. Especially a game that most people will buy on 360 anyways.

And just accept the fact that the PS4 is more powerful and games will continue to look better on it for the rest of the gen. Everyone else has. 

I agree. Not everyone is into online shooters. But there is easily what 15 mill gamers who buy and play online shooters. All the COD sales are for its online, not its SP which is pretty slated every review. BF also. The only real shooter on console which also has MP that is bought for story is Halo. Its story has over 6 mill people following on it according to the special features on Halo 3's disc. That was back in 2007.

But Titanfall is going to perk the interest of the online shooter lovers in both MS and Sony camps.

I didnt say PS4 wasnt more powerful, I am simply stating that the reason the res difference you see currently is as devs have said, down to the SDK. The difference wont be so big come 2nd gen games.

Around the Network
riecsou said:
selnor1983 said:
riecsou said:

When you say it like that it really doesn't make you look  as a fan boy. Sorry for quickly labeling you. But there are fan boys on both side and me sometimes I myself will sound as a fan boy if I were to engage a discussion with a fan boy that I would consider too extreme.

How does this make me look a fanboy? PS4 is a real cheap launch price. And PS3 owners are more likely to drop at launch with tat price and few  games than Xbox owners with a higher price. Why not wait to see Titanfalls numbers. Its my opinion about the sales. Baased on pricing. No need to use naming in your posts.

I said it doesn't make you look as fan boy. And then I even say "Sorry for quickly labeling you". And then I went to say that this happen sometimes to me too to sound like a fan boy, when I am engaging a fan boy that is kind of extreme (not you especially). So I though the reason maybe you sounded like a fan boy in the beginning might be related to you starting an argument with another extreme fanboy in the beginning of the thread. I quickly took my comment back and even say "sorry". I guess I didn't explained myself clearly. And I think your point is valid is most of Xbox360 users you know have not jumped the ship yet. Like you say we will have to wait and see.

Yeah sorry. I edited my last post. I cant read. LOL.

Mr Puggsly said:

Offering free content to those who have the X1 prior to the new bundle would be great, but they don't owe it. That's the price of instant gratification.

Many games released during the holiday can be found for $40 or less. Did the publisher screw you for wanting instant gratification? No.

"They hyped the console for being worth the price." Wow, great argument. I think that's is for consumers to decide, no?

If the Brits hold out for a few years they can get the X1 and Titanfall significantly cheaper. Those who feel screwed should consider that as well.

Selling more consoles is best for X1 userbase period. So turning this into MS screwed people is dumb. Its costing MS money to even offer this.

They dont owe it at all, I agree. They dont have to do anything. Id just feel incredibly screwed if I bought a console ready for Titanfall, when I could have just waited the 3 Months after launch and saved myself £80.

Fuck, imagine how someone who went out and bought an Xbox One after playing the Titanfall beta with a friend feels. Its not just about the people who bought the Xbox One at launch, its the people who have been buying the Xbox One with hopes/hype from Titanfall since launch. £80 is a lot of money for a lot of people.

Many games get released and cut a few Weeks/Months later. This is the norm and its expected. A console getting a pricecut isnt the norm just 3 Months after release. If the machine was worth the launch asking price, it wouldnt be struggling so badly at retail. The fact is that games make a system worth the price, and the Xbox One simply doesnt have the library to justify a £430 pricepoint... Thats why we are seeing the cut so early, because theyre just not being competitive.

The whole point is, they have announced a pricecut just three months after launch. Its unheard of. For a comparison, the Xbox 360 hasnt had a permanent pricecut to the mass market model since 2008! Its not the fact that theyre cutting the price, or that theyre bundling Titanfall for free thats the problem. Its that its happening so soon after launch.

Maybe saying Microsoft are screwing people is wrong. I can agree with that. People will feel screwed though. It would be nice of them to offer something for the early adopters at least, or for people who have a Titanfall preorder already in place.

Selnor's last words when he dies will be. "The 360 and xbox products had the best graphics in the history of video gaming. I was a soldier in the graphics wars and I am a truly proud war hero. " Tombstone reads; "xbox war hero."

chocoloco said:

Selnor's last words when he dies will be. "The 360 and xbox products had the best graphics in the history of video gaming. I was a soldier in the graphics wars and I am a truly proud war hero. " Tombstone reads; "xbox war hero."

Youve obviously paid no attenntion to what I posted. I showed the reason why early games arent in 1080p. Never once said Xbox One is more powerful.

selnor1983 said:
chocoloco said:

Youve obviously paid no attenntion to what I posted. I showed the reason why early games arent in 1080p. Never once said Xbox One is more powerful.

It is a Eulogy. A life long dedication. I thought you would be honored.