By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you feel the need to %100 every game?

Are we talking trophies? Because the most i've done is like 50% in BioShock, lol.

I will be attempting my first platinum with No no Kuni though.

Around the Network

Nah because that usually forces me to go out of my way. I play games until I'm no longer having fun or feel like I've done everything I want to.

I do try and 100% the games I play. By that, I mean finding and completing all the content available in the game. Occasionally I will come across something that is too hard, and I will eventually give up on it. An example of that would be Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I never opened all the doors on that challenge board thing. I did the vast majority of them, but the last 10 or 20 were hard enough that I didn't feel bad giving up on those.

The games I play generally do not have achievements or trophies, so I don't care about that.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

NEVER!

Regardless of the type of game.

I play til I feel like being done.

The closest I ever did to 100% was World of Warcraft before the first expansion came out years ago.

It is near the end of the end....

Only 3D Mario games.

Around the Network

As long as there is no shady or tedious online trophies/acheivements or (side)challenges(Warhawk, MAG, and Battlefield: Bad company, I'm looking at you), I pretty much always plan on to complete my games 100%.

No, I don't have the time nor the will to do that.  The game has to be really really good.  In recent memory I've only done it in MGS4.

I like to do challenges if they are within reasonable reach, but too often getting 100% is beyond what the game is worth playing. At that point it is no longer about enjoying the game - simply doing it for completion sake.

My 8th gen collection

I feel compelled to because I grew up in the 80's and back then, there was only one goal...beat the game. The difference between beating the game then and now is, beating most games was a monumental task of epic proportions. If you beat Ninja Gaiden? That was harder than getting 100% in most games these days san Super Meat Boy which, ironically, was developed by two guys who are my age and wanted to make a game like the games they grew up on.

Only if I think a game' worth it, or if the tasks one needs to do to get 100% aren't pointless. More often than not, the story is enough. I don't go doing mundane tasks to complete some kind of trophy, but I do usually try to do most if not all side quests.

I usually play through a game once without worrying about scores, and then after I'm done I check out the trophy list to see if getting a platinum is feasible. Some games are (it looks like Battlefield 4 is an attainable platinum and I might go for it) while other games are not (the online trophies for Assassins Creed 4 seem far out of reach)

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League