By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you feel the need to %100 every game?

Always look in every corner and backtrack a lot. I stop for every loot even if it is less worth than the time spent picking it up. I want to see every inch of the game.

Do I go out of my way to complete challenges that add nothing to my explorer diary? No. My measly 2 plats say it all.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

no.but only some excellent sandbox games like skyrim,bully and sleeping dogs,gta etc.but 100%-ing a game feels like a chore.

LOL i don't even FINISH most of the games i play xD

Yes, specially in Zelda games and platformers! I rarely do 100% on some JRPG's too! Overall I try to enjoy the most of every game, to make me feel the purchase was totally worth it!

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Depends on how much Im into the game and how tedious it is to actually 100% everything.

I really enjoyed AC4, but to 100% the damn thing its just boring.

Around the Network

If I really love the game then yes. If it's extremely easy, hard not to.

If completing a game to 100% is fun then yes. If it is work then not. In the N64 area, I completed most of my games, SM64, Banjo-Kazooie, DK64, Mario Kart 64, Diddy Kong Racing, Goldeneye, and Perfect Dark for example.

But in JRPGS, especially games like Xenoblade with thousands stupid optional WoW style fetch and kill quests, or games that bore you to death like FFX, I only do the main story and some the other stuff if it seems to be useful. And I never play any game more than once.

Unless I really dislike the game, I do a lot of the side content after completion so I can get most of each game. I don't 100% every game unless it's quick to 100% everything or it's one of my favorites but I will do most of the content.

Basically, if I have to really go out of my way to see and do everything the game has to offer, it's rare that I'll do it.

I usually try to at least finish the game, it needs to be really crap for me not to, examples from this gen would be Lair, I am alive, Crysis. I may try to get back to need sometime but I don't know...

As for 100% completing, I rather go for trophies, than finishing everything in game, I sometimes skip it if a game forces me to spend a lot of time in it's shitty multiplayer like AC4 in which i didn't bother with, but had 97% singleplayer conpletion for example. And going for a plat is usually enough to get burned out on a game for me.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

Depends on whether I like the game a lot or not. I 100% Red Dead Redemption, for example, because I loved that game to death. Having that save file with everything at 100% makes me feel good.

On a side note, I understand 100% =/= All the achievements/trophies, but rather what the game considers 100%, right? Because I have 800/1000 on RDR, despite doing the 100% thing.