By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you feel the need to %100 every game?

On the Xbox no. On the Playstation yes.

Around the Network
oldschoolfool said:

Di you feel the need to %100 every game? do you feel the need to do all the side stuff? Are you the type of person that just likes to do go through the main story? I'm just curious to see what people think? I'm mostly talking about open world type games.

If I am enjoying a game, I will keep exploring and discovering, and even hold on to the game in case of any DLC or whatever that adds more content. Think something like Sleeping Dogs.

If I don't enjoy the game, I wont even bother with the main story stuff.

A game like GTA V, I would play a lot more if it didn't take so long to load. Once I did the full campaign play-through, I just didn't think the extra content was worth the loading anymore. Plus I don't like games that want to score your mission performance and want you to replay the stuff... just surviving or succeeding should be sufficient, then they need to have more content.

I don't care to replay content for higher rankings or whatever... and I definitely don't care to roam about a big open world looking for piece of some stupid arbitrary collectible quest. Anything that would require some kind of guide or map outside of the game... whatever.

I dont see what the point in 100% a game is so NO

I actually hate games (well that aspect of games) when they do shit like "here you just got a bronce medal because you dared to enjoy the visuals and art style we created so you fucked up the time-limit-requirement!" totally interrupting my gameplay and destroying the immersion of a world. Also it feels like work. (The Mario3DWorld "SCORE" after each level is also as annoying as those medals.... I hate it)

I also dont go for achievements or trophies or anything because they are pointless.

When its something like Smash Bros tho where doing something actually unlocks characters or modes etc. OR Mario's (to play this level you need X number of stars to unlock)  you know something of USE then I try to 100% the games but I couldn't care less about nonsensical digital stickers or achievements etc.

I like to complete a game to 100% only if I know it's not overly difficult or extremely time consuming (i.e. more than 100 hours) such as Catherine (Babel stages) & GT5.

PS3, PS4, PSV, Wii U, 3DS + 3DS XL Owner.

PlayStation Nation

NNID: aminryu1

I need to stop buying games...

Nope.

Around the Network

I used to be a completionist, now, there no much time.

I 100% completed FFX, it took me around 197 hours playtime.

I like the idea of doing it, and I would love to, but I just don't have the time. I barely have time to just play my games, much less 100% very many of them.

Currently playing:

Bloodbath Paddy Wagon Ultra 9

NobleTeam360 said:
I only try to do 100% in JRPG and WRPG games. Everything else I could care less about 100%

So you care a little? I take it you do 70%, but wish you could control yourself enough to do 50% instead? Is that how it works?

As for me, I only try to get all trophies/do everything only when a game is exceptional/ really fun. Then again, trying to get the trophies usually sucks all the fun out of a game. I wish I could care less too.  

I cant remember if I ever did,maybe asscreed2,but even than im not sure... to many games have a billion side-missions that get tedious after doing it 75 times over(and then you're only at about 60% complete)

Never! There is often a "boss" in the end, and boss fights, to me, are just a lot of grinding. If I want to know the ending of a story I look it up on youtube. But as the stories in video games are pretty predictable you will know the ending even half way in to the game.