By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Confirmed: Thief 1080p on PS4, 900p on Xbox One

The problem is : Why would i pay 100$ more for a much cheaper hardware ?

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Around the Network
Aerys said:

You wouldn't, look at the sales gap.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Aerys said:

Not just in the Gaming Industry: Common Sense typically establishes a direct correlation between price and power(in tech/vehicles/etc.)/quality(everything else) when its not always the case.

While its(the gap) basically insignificant to the mainstream consumer, price is very visible. In contrast, any informed gamer will be aware of the difference, which basically eats at anyone stuck in the middle.

*You people type way too fast

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Ha! What happened to Sony fans saying 720p on all Xbone games? You are owned!!!

Around the Network
Wright said:
Aerys said:

Yup games is the right answer, Sony managed to prove that with the PS3 come back, now MS needs to do it, they also need to reduce the price like the PS3 had too as well, were still many years away from $500 being a mass market price. 

ethomaz said:

crissindahouse said:

Last gen:

"nobody" cares about res and if it is even 720p, everyone buys CoD.

This gen:

everything below 1080p not playable

With "nobody" I obviously mean those who played games like CoD without really comlaining about the resolution but who complain now about something like 900p and that are a lot.

So 9 years and nothing changed at all... while 4k HDTV will be standard the consoles needs to frooze in 720p.

This gen is 1080p mininum... I expected go to 4k... I was disapointed due that.

like i told you often enough, for someone who didn't see 720p as a must even at the end of last gen since he liked cod so much it is pretty interesting that he finds 1080p so unbelievable important just a year later. how you could ever manage to live with your ps3 knowing that people on pc play  cod not only in 720p but in 1080p is beyond me. if even 900p isn't acceptable for you now i really don't understand how cod's resolution was. 

and no, i didn't say that nothing has to change. it's not as if i wouldn't prefer a stronger xbox one and even ps4 but i don't act as if a console isn't acceptable because of that. if graphics of games would be so important for me to be the difference between  "i want that" to "not acceptable", i would rather like to quit my hobby.

it is obviously only my guess but i think  if xbox one would be as strong as ps4 and ps4 like xbox one i'm sure you would be still a ps4 gamer. you would be not very happy that ps4 is weaker but you wouldn't post all these gifs from gaf and so on if it would be the same situation just vice versa. probably more like "well, still a great game on ps4"

i also feel bad for the developers if the only thing people seem to care about right now is the resolution. i would be very disapppointed if most posts in forums would be about the resolution of my game. that's pretty much the last thing i would like to see. 

As long as games are 720p and higher, I could care less what system I play on.

I love how ps4 fans are saying its boring now. the gen just started a couple months ago. If only MS fans were the same last gen.

Wright said:
Aerys said:

Games, yes, that's the answer, but One hasnt enough games compared to PS4 to worth 100$ more.

But, by this logic, the Wii U could cost 600$.

The only way to really justify the price is to create unique kinect ambitious games ( when i say ambitious, it's not like wii sport/kinect sport but aaa games).
If they cant, they have to get rid of kinect.

Imo, Dead Rising 3 is not as good as the others, the open world bring technical issues and grey world , i prefered the colorrs ton of the previous Dead Rising ( and i just cant bare the character)

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m