Forums - Gaming Discussion - Confirmed: Thief 1080p on PS4, 900p on Xbox One

Raven722 said:
Xenostar said:
Raven722 said:
Xenostar said:
Raven722 said:
ethomaz said:
JGarret said:
At this point, it´s not even news anymore.

Yeap... I agree it is getting boring and this gap won't decrease but only increase.

I'd say it's worth noting for those who want to know which system performs better on multiplats but continuing to use something like this as bragging rights is becoming old. For those of us this is common knowledge to it's probably time to stop.

Eurogamer managed these articles all of last gen when the difference was about 10p and 2-5fps, you think there gonna stop this gen now its 100's of p and upto 30 frames per second.

Ummm... I was referring to people around here who know that the difference exists but continue to shove it in everyone's face. These articles are helpful for people who want to know how the multiplats stack up so they can make an informed purchase. It's the people who continue show their ass every time an article like this comes up that should stop already.

Theres very few threads on here that dont fall into comparing something between consoles. You will have more luck not clicking on them than replying in them if you want them to stop. 

We have 20 first impressions of Titanfall threads too, but mods only seem to close duplicates and combine threads if there sales related. 

Yeah. I know that. I was giving my opinion on the matter. Is that okay with you?

Yeah of course its a forum.

Around the Network
kitler53 said:
JGarret said:
At this point, it´s not even news anymore.

as a huge sony fanboy and loyal solider of the console war...

...even i'm getting bored by these frequent and predicatable threads.  maybe we should just make a thread if xbone ever achieves parity.

But then what would Ethomaz do to keep his post count up? Although it seems even he is growing bored with these threads. His first 700 posts about this topic all contained at least 6 "LOL"s and 4 smiley faces. Now he's down to none of each :(

Porcupine_I said:
Last gen:

"I chose the console with the better looking multiplats"

This gen:

"I can't see a difference"

Last gen:

"nobody" cares about res and if it is even 720p, everyone buys CoD.

This gen:

everything below 1080p not playable

With "nobody" I obviously mean those who played games like CoD without really comlaining about the resolution but who complain now about something like 900p and that are a lot.

TheShape31 said:
Pretty soon this sort of thing won't be news anymore. It seems pretty obvious that we should just expect this for just about every major release...

PS4: 1080p
XB1: 720-900p
Wii U: 720p

I'm still waiting WII U for multiplatform games to match 360/ps3 versions.

kowenicki said:
Porcupine_I said:
Last gen:

This gen:

Last gen:

"the difference doesnt matter"

This gen:

"the differenc is game breaking... cant even get head shots"

Obviously people are making too much of a big deal over this, but the difference is larger than last gen.

But i guess I'm weird because despite having a PS3 and 360, I bought every game on PS3 because I liked the controller more and it was easier to have everything on one console and somehow I managed

Around the Network

crissindahouse said:

Last gen:

"nobody" cares about res and if it is even 720p, everyone buys CoD.

This gen:

everything below 1080p not playable

With "nobody" I obviously mean those who played games like CoD without really comlaining about the resolution but who complain now about something like 900p and that are a lot.

So 9 years and nothing changed at all... while 4k HDTV will be standard the consoles needs to frooze in 720p.

This gen is 1080p mininum... I expected go to 4k... I was disapointed due that.

Call me when the xbone version is the same as The Four version, I'll happily bitch about lazy developers. Otherwise, meh, we know The Four is the better console.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

Conventional thinking would lead one to think paying more would lead to better performance/resolution.
The gap is magnified by the price difference, while if it was the other way around it would be minimized.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

kowenicki said:
Munkeh111 said:
kowenicki said:
Porcupine_I said:
Last gen:

This gen:

Last gen:

"the difference doesnt matter"

This gen:

"the differenc is game breaking... cant even get head shots"

Obviously people are making too much of a big deal over this, but the difference is larger than last gen.

But i guess I'm weird because despite having a PS3 and 360, I bought every game on PS3 because I liked the controller more and it was easier to have everything on one console and somehow I managed

I was the same.  I bought FFXIII on 360 even though I was PS360.  There are other factors for most users.

A game that is 900p v 1080p will be almost indiscernible despite the huge deal that will be made of it.  Which is waht the developer is saying too.

It certainly will be harder to see in games like Theif that are very dark, but a bright game like AC4, its obvious to anyone thats not playing on a really small screen. 

kowenicki said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Conventional thinking would lead one to think paying more would lead to better performance/resolution.
The gap is magnified by the price difference, while if it was the other way around it would be minimized.

like most of last gen you mean?

Damn right and Sony paid hard for that in the begining, they had to work very hard to turn around the car crash that was PS3 Launch