By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global SW & HW UP!! - Week ending Feb 8 (ADJUSTMENTS - PS4 157k, X1 54k, WiiU 36k - PS4 64% marketshare)

AshKetchum1992 said:
JoeTheBro said:

Comparisons, for those interested.

VGCHARTZ Before VGCHARTZ After NPD
PS4 262 267 271
XBONE 229 184 141
3DS 169 137 96
360 93 63 <49
Wii U 86 59 49
PS3 61 57 54
Wii 23 19  
PSV 17 17  

Wow the 3DS is still heavily overtracked and I think this week (Feb 8th) it´s also overtracked (along with Bravely Default)

VGC roughly took the average of their original estimate and the NPD estimate for several of these.

(262+271)/2=266.5

(229+141)/2=185

(169+96)/2=132.5

(61+54)/2=57.5

It's a fair way to go if you think that VGC & NPD's sources are about equally accurate.

My 8th gen collection

Around the Network
ICStats said:
AshKetchum1992 said:
JoeTheBro said:

Comparisons, for those interested.

VGCHARTZ Before VGCHARTZ After NPD
PS4 262 267 271
XBONE 229 184 141
3DS 169 137 96
360 93 63 <49
Wii U 86 59 49
PS3 61 57 54
Wii 23 19  
PSV 17 17  

Wow the 3DS is still heavily overtracked and I think this week (Feb 8th) it´s also overtracked (along with Bravely Default)

VGC roughly took the average of their original estimate and the NPD estimate for several of these.

(262+271)/2=266.5

(229+141)/2=185

(169+96)/2=132.5

(61+54)/2=57.5

It's a fair way to go if you think that VGC & NPD's sources are about equally accurate.

I thought NPD was more accurate but I guess it's fair.

AshKetchum1992 said:

I thought NPD was more accurate but I guess it's fair.

NPD should be more accurate.  They take more time, and they cover ~65% of retailers actual sales, while VGC has well I don't know what exactly but not 65% of the sales.

My 8th gen collection

--OkeyDokey-- said:

Can Microsoft really make a comeback like Sony did? They don't have Europe to fall back on, and they don't have the first party output to attract buyers. They'll need some good moneyhats going forward.

Not only that, but Sony had the luxury of Japan also to buff the WW numbers somewhat.

Microsoft lost every advantage they had with the 360. They dont have the price advantage. They didnt have the advantage of an early launch. They dont have the dev-friendly system. And this time, possibly the most important point of note, Sony didnt fuck up.

Theyre gonna sell a lot, but they arent gonna get close to what they achieved with the 360.

TOLD YA SO! When I said X1 would falter the camp didn't believe me. When I said 2 to 1 at launch window and then 3 to 1 by the end of the generation the camp didn't believe me.

What else I said?? I said it's gonna be the 2nd coming of the PS2. Now are you gonna believe me. My track record for forcasting sales ratios is amazing!

And it's all quiet in N4G right now. X1 camp got nothing else to say.  Where are you guys hiding!? Come back and click on that bookmark on your web browser to comment. 

Around the Network

The XB1 selling 12K in the major Euro markets is truly horrible. Selling 37K in it's homeland is just as bad. Won't be long before retailers drop the price in Germany, Spain, France, Italy etc.,

I really hoped that the Wii U would stay away from the 20K figure but I am guessing next charts it would probably be there abouts before DK drops.

Have to laugh at those "wise" heads who predicted X360 will reach 100m. Not sure PS3 is even going to get there but considering Sony's global reach and the LTD of the PS2 this may just be possible. Who knows?

The gods are with the PS4 at the moment. Japan is going to put it clear of the Wii U.

3rd console curse for Microsoft?

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

fatslob-:O said:
the_dengle said:

What, he said Japanese games suck and that's why they're not selling well. But I don't see what Bravely Default, a Japanese game that does not suck which is selling decently, has to do with those comments.

I'm not sure what you consider to be selling well but for a niche JRPG like Bravely Default it's decent I think ... But the dudes seriously right when almost every japanese games have being getting lower quality each time with a new iteration and sales also show that customers don't SEEM to be satisfed with them.

I'm not arguing against his statement, I just don't think Bravely Default proves his point at all. In fact, I think it does the opposite. A brand-new Japanese IP is by far the best-selling software in the US this week. It had a much stronger opening than most Western-made/published 3DS games. VGChartz has it tracking far ahead of the likes of LEGO, Skylanders, Angry Birds Trilogy, Scribblenauts, etc on the system.

I hope he meant home consoles specifically, because the Western handheld market has been very good to Japanese developers, and they're starting to return the favor.

Anyway, Phil Fish said a lot of things, and I don't really care much about his opinion. He's hardly a relevant figure in the industry any more, if he ever was to begin with.

the_dengle said:
the_dengle said:

Maybe the hype on these forums are distorting VGCs job at trying to give a more modest analysis on that particular genre.  

Well, we can't say that Phil Fish was wrong about japanese games going into the shitters. 

I don't follow.

You weren't there when a fallout happened between Phil Fish and his comments about japanese games ?

What, he said Japanese games suck and that's why they're not selling well. But I don't see what Bravely Default, a Japanese game that does not suck which is selling decently, has to do with those comments.

I'm not sure what you consider to be selling well but for a niche JRPG like Bravely Default it's decent I think ... But the dudes seriously right when almost every japanese games have being getting lower quality each time with a new iteration and sales also show that customers don't SEEM to be satisfed with them.

or they just don't appeal to themainstream audience 

I really can't wait until the Japan launch

mM