By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global SW & HW UP!! - Week ending Feb 8 (ADJUSTMENTS - PS4 157k, X1 54k, WiiU 36k - PS4 64% marketshare)

12,212 Xbox One systems sold throughout Europe is really telling, when you look back at this time last Year.

http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/41308/UK/

12,481 Xbox 360 systems were sold in the UK alone.

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
Big time 3DS overtrack IMO ... VGC needs to get on top of that, 48k for a week in early February when it sold 97k total in January? I don't buy it.

New game came out and 48k isnt US its 43k. So it went up from avg week in jan 25k to 43k (maybe just 1k-5k overtracked)

chapset said:
Xevross said:

With adjustments the XB1 sold 301k in January, so Joe lost his bet after all.

I can't believe it was even that close!!! wtf happened to the X1

Holidays ended, the hardcore Xbox fans got their console and now the effect of being $100 more expensive (and generally being a much smaller brand than PS in most countries) has kicked in, that happened.

OT: Doesn't Vgchartz normally adjust closer towards NPD numbers?

DerNebel said:
chapset said:
Xevross said:

With adjustments the XB1 sold 301k in January, so Joe lost his bet after all.

I can't believe it was even that close!!! wtf happened to the X1

Holidays ended, the hardcore Xbox fans got their console and now the effect of being $100 more expensive (and generally being a much smaller brand than PS in most countries) has kicked in, that happened.

maybe adjustments will happen again for next weeks, i think it happened like that once before.

Also we dont get vita #s for NPD or do they just not care?

the rise of 3DS is purely from the reason that Bravely Default have a good opening week :v

Around the Network

Wii U needs Donkey Kong... and a shit ton more games

fatslob-:O said:

Maybe the hype on these forums are distorting VGCs job at trying to give a more modest analysis on that particular genre.  

Well, we can't say that Phil Fish was wrong about japanese games going into the shitters. 

I don't follow.

POE said:
Oh god, The industry is dying so damn quickly.

The Ps4 is fine.

tbone51 said:
DerNebel said:

maybe adjustments will happen again for next weeks, i think it happened like that once before.

Also we dont get vita #s for NPD or do they just not care?

I think NPD Vita numbers were around 17k, so Vgchartz were pretty much spot on with them.

the_dengle said:
fatslob-:O said:

Maybe the hype on these forums are distorting VGCs job at trying to give a more modest analysis on that particular genre.  

Well, we can't say that Phil Fish was wrong about japanese games going into the shitters. 

I don't follow.

You weren't there when a fallout happened between Phil Fish and his comments about japanese games ?