By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global SW & HW UP!! - Week ending Feb 8 (ADJUSTMENTS - PS4 157k, X1 54k, WiiU 36k - PS4 64% marketshare)

Bravely Default boosted 3ds sales (122k last week), not bad. Xbox One is dropping harder than I thought it would.

Around the Network
pezus said:
POE said:
fatslob-:O said:
It's exactly gonna be like 6th gen all over again.

With one little difference: to make a game now demands more money and more time. So if Gen 6 repeats itself, the xbox brand will be out of bussines (and if it weren´t for the 3DS Nintendo would be out too). Not good for the industry.

Xbox brand out of business? Lol, do you know Microsoft?

But Xbox is not universally loved inside of MS. There's strong voices in favour of dropping/selling it, and I do believe the new CEO is far less supportive of Xbox than Balmer was. It guess it probably comes down to Gates and how much sway he has on the new guy. But even a supportive Gates wouldn't save Xbox if it keeps performing poorly and loses pretty much every gain that Xb360 made.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

colafitte said:
ICStats said:
colafitte said:

Why Xbox One is 183k in USA in January if PS4 is 266k and WiiU 59k???? 40k more than NPD numbers in a 4 week month is a lot. If NPD numbers are more correct Xbox is still overtracked.

And respecting the week.... if PS4 is selling 2'64 times more than Xbox One WW without Japan, it means PS4 is already winning the battle definitely. I'm not surprised because a lot of people since E3, were saying this will happen.

Both VGC and NPD have some margin of error.  You should not take them so literally, but look to the long term trend.

I know, but the margin for Xbox One is a lot bigger than PS4 and WiiU without reason, and i'm not talking a 5-10%, i'm talking more than a 20% difference, that's too much.

True.  PS4 is around 1.5x X1.  I would have liked to see closer to 1.9x X1 given Sony's own announcement that PS4 sold almost double the nearest competitor, so even though it's just an estimate, that would be a closer estimate to what the manufacturers are saying.

My 8th gen collection

Big time 3DS overtrack IMO ... VGC needs to get on top of that, 48k for a week in early February when it sold 97k total in January? I don't buy it.

I don't think that Bravely Default is over tracked. It did sell out on newegg and spent a large amount of time in the top 5 and 10 on Amazon.

Around the Network

The 360 is dying pretty quickly, and the PS3 will also die relatively fast, it certainly won't pass the Wii (well anyone with common sense already knew that).

Won't comment on either the Xbox One or PS4 because both are still very early in their lives. Anyone who says the Xbox One is doomed and/or the PS4 will dominate might have to eat crow later, things can change dramatically in a very short time, like for example, the amazing Xbox One sales it had only 2 months ago, and now it's selling only 18k more than the Wii U and Vita, I don't think anyone BUT JoetheBro expected that kind of drop.

Nintendo and PC gamer

Damn, Sony is just killing it! I thought PS3 over X360 LTD this past year was bad enough but to have PS3 outselling the XBone is quite embarrassing. I wonder what the shipments will be for this quarter considering MS have a lot of Xbox's on shelves since Christmas not selling.

colafitte said:

I know, but the margin for Xbox One is a lot bigger than PS4 and WiiU without reason, and i'm not talking a 5-10%, i'm talking more than a 20% difference, that's too much.

They pretty much just split the difference between NPD and VGC numbers for most systems.

PS4 undertracked 10k, adjusted up 5k.
3DS overtracked 70k, adjusted down 33k.
XBO overtracked 88k, adjusted down 46k.
Wii U overtracked 37k, adjusted down 27k.

Other than the Wii U, the adjustments were around half the difference despite how much they were off percentage wise.  The 3DS is still 41% overtracked based on the estimate for January.

Yakuzaice said:
colafitte said:

They pretty much just split the difference between NPD and VGC numbers for most systems.

PS4 undertracked 10k, adjusted up 5k.
3DS overtracked 70k, adjusted down 33k.
XBO overtracked 88k, adjusted down 46k.
Wii U overtracked 37k, adjusted down 27k.

Other than the Wii U, the adjustments were around half the difference despite how much they were off percentage wise.  The 3DS is still 41% overtracked based on the estimate for January.

3DS is waaaay off. 

PS4 and 3DS are very close
PSV and WII U is also very close

Pocky Lover Boy!