By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global SW & HW UP!! - Week ending Feb 8 (ADJUSTMENTS - PS4 157k, X1 54k, WiiU 36k - PS4 64% marketshare)

pezus said:
POE said:
fatslob-:O said:
It's exactly gonna be like 6th gen all over again.

With one little difference: to make a game now demands more money and more time. So if Gen 6 repeats itself, the xbox brand will be out of bussines (and if it weren´t for the 3DS Nintendo would be out too). Not good for the industry.

Xbox brand out of business? Lol, do you know Microsoft?

Nintendo just need to hurry up with their next console and hope it sticks this time

This LOL.

Around the Network
pezus said:
POE said:

With one little difference: to make a game now demands more money and more time. So if Gen 6 repeats itself, the xbox brand will be out of bussines (and if it weren´t for the 3DS Nintendo would be out too). Not good for the industry.

Nintendo just need to hurry up with their next console and hope it sticks this time

Maybe not out of bussiness but losing a LOT of money.

the_dengle said:

Wow, VERY nice US opening for Bravely Default. It's probably overtracked :X

In all seriousness though I think Bravely Default is also slightly overtracked. 

Oh, I'm sure it is. JRPGs frequently are for whatever reason. Probably still a good opening, though.

OP:

3DS: Decent numbers after NPD adjustments.
PS4: Good numbers considering it hasn't launched in Japan yet and is sold out in most retailers.
XBO: Very bad sales, hopefully Titanfall boosts dramatically it's sales upwards or else were looking at some very similar wiiU sales which is horrible. Japan won't make a difference one bit for it's sales.
WIIU: Horrible sales, I am kinda excited to see the effect that Tropical Freeze will have on wiiU sales. Hopefully it can push it above 80k for atleast 1week.
Vita: Horrible sales aswell. This is as dead as you get in the US. I am wondering if US retailers will just pull it off store shelves in 2014. I mean, were at that point. Hopefully, the remodel gives it a great boost. Fortunetly, it's doing very good in Japan.
360/PS3/WII/PSP: Don't care.

Predictions for LT console sales:

PS4: 120M

XB1: 70M

WiiU: 14M

3DS: 60M

Vita: 13M

the_dengle said:
the_dengle said:

Wow, VERY nice US opening for Bravely Default. It's probably overtracked :X

In all seriousness though I think Bravely Default is also slightly overtracked. 

Oh, I'm sure it is. JRPGs frequently are for whatever reason. Probably still a good opening, though.

Maybe the hype on these forums are distorting VGCs job at trying to give a more modest analysis on that particular genre.  

Well, we can't say that Phil Fish was wrong about japanese games going into the shitters. 

Around the Network
pezus said:
POE said:

It might not be as crazy as it sounds. If the xbox division doesn't generate enough dough for Microsoft, they will simply ditch it or sell it. Which, according to some rumours, they're already in the process of doing.

Predictions for LT console sales:

PS4: 120M

XB1: 70M

WiiU: 14M

3DS: 60M

Vita: 13M

Xevross said:

With adjustments the XB1 sold 301k in January, so Joe lost his bet after all.

It's too close to call. VGCHARTZ met NPD half way in the US. They have it at 184k while NPD was 141k. That difference alone is still enough to make me right. Also it looks like they didn't change Europe numbers.

We're going to have to wait longer to see if they keep adjusting down or not.

Xbox One still over-tracked by 40k (US) in January, plus 125k over-tracked between Nov. and Dec. I know that might seem like low enough numbers to not adjust, but still. I'd like to see this fixed.

360 dropping like a rock :( Needs to be $99-$149. However, it's very close to the Wii. Could it surpass it?! (Weekly numbers, not overall)

PS4 still beasting. Can't wait to see Japan numbers.

Overall O.K start to Feb.

Won bet with t3mporary_126 - I correctly predicted that the Wii U's LTD at the end of 2014 would be closer to 9 million than 10 million. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6673287

benji232 said:
pezus said:
POE said:

It might not be as crazy as it sounds. If the xbox division doesn't generate enough dough for Microsoft, they will simply ditch it or sell it. Which, according to some rumours, they're already in the process of doing.

If microsoft let the xbox division bleed this long then I highly doubt that they'll be removing it anytime soon.

I don't think I will trust anymore the weekly hardware charts considering the latest January NPD...

This post next gen launch fever is still messing with numbers (and people perception) I think.