By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global SW & HW UP!! - Week ending Feb 8 (ADJUSTMENTS - PS4 157k, X1 54k, WiiU 36k - PS4 64% marketshare)

JoeTheBro said:
Xevross said:

With adjustments the XB1 sold 301k in January, so Joe lost his bet after all.

It's too close to call. VGCHARTZ met NPD half way in the US. They have it at 184k while NPD was 141k. That difference alone is still enough to make me right. Also it looks like they didn't change Europe numbers.

We're going to have to wait longer to see if they keep adjusting down or not.

Yeah I think they may keep adjusting but with the numbers right now it seems you've lost, however, I think thats harsh considering if NPD numbers were used then you've won.

Around the Network

XBO only 12k in Europe. Jesus. They need to launch in more countries as soon as possible, these are WiiU level sales. Looks like my earlier prediction of the XBO passing the WiiU this year isn't going to happen. It's going to take quite a while. The PS4 may not have PS2 level sales but it's going to have a similar market share.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Why Xbox One is 183k in USA in January if PS4 is 266k and WiiU 59k???? 40k more than NPD numbers in a 4 week month is a lot. If NPD numbers are more correct Xbox is still overtracked.

And respecting the week.... if PS4 is selling 2'64 times more than Xbox One WW without Japan, it means PS4 is already winning the battle definitely. I'm not surprised because a lot of people since E3, were saying this will happen.

globalisateur said:
I don't think I will trust anymore the weekly hardware charts considering the latest January NPD...

This post next gen launch fever is still messing with numbers (and people perception) I think.

I think we can trust the PS4 numbers though considering there was only a 10k difference at NPD.

Wii U also adjusted down. Now, down YoY even taking account the 4 week January. Guess SM3DW was not enough to offset the new competition from PS4/X1.

My 8th gen collection

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
Wii u and vita in an epic battle to the death.

They're literally battling to see who dies first. Looks like XBO might be joining them soon. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

colafitte said:

Why Xbox One is 183k in USA in January if PS4 is 266k and WiiU 59k???? 40k more than NPD numbers in a 4 week month is a lot. If NPD numbers are more correct Xbox is still overtracked.

And respecting the week.... if PS4 is selling 2'64 times more than Xbox One WW without Japan, it means PS4 is already winning the battle definitely. I'm not surprised because a lot of people since E3, were saying this will happen.

Both VGC and NPD have some margin of error.  You should not take them so literally, but look to the long term trend.

My 8th gen collection

Ye gods and little fishes. This is a disaster!

I am so jealous of Wii fans back in 2007-2010. They could merrily dance around and sing Nintendomination because PS360 and PSP were selling well in their own right. Now that PS4 is the only console selling well (3DS is not selling well because it's peaked and is now on the decline and has not sold nearly enough for the dominant handheld of the generation) dancing around singing about Playstation domination almost seems like dancing on the grave of console gaming as a whole, in which Playstation too will be buried if things don't start getting better.

Xb one has one thing going for it, the 40-odd markets it's yet to launch in. Even though collectively those might only account for 10K per week on a normal week, it's still going to help to grow the install base.

Aaaand Wii U is dead flat year on year. That's crazy bad given price drop and far superior game library than it had a year ago.

I'm almost tempted to convert to Wii U as a way to support the industry. Problem is there's not a single game that really excites me. I can't imagine myself wanting to sympathy buy Xb one though. Nintendo deserves my money just because it's Nintendo, Microsoft does not deserve my money. However, Sony has earned my money, and just because Sony as a whole is in the pooh financially (and not because of PS) they deserve a sympathy buy too.

If Xb one continues to track this low throughout 2014 it's going to give the anti-Xbox faction inside MS a lot of ammo to fight for getting rid of Xbox, and the pro-Xbox faction is not going to have much by way of counter-argument. Imagine, this time last year MS fans were anticipating a global victory for Durango and that even Europe was there for the taking.

Also I have a terrible feeling that Xbox town on this website may become a ghost town, which would be a shame since there are quite a few MS fans who are good, objective analysts of the video game industry. The loss of their voices would diminish this website.

I don't have the same worry about Nintendoland, because while 3DS is not doing amazingly it's still doing well enough to keep the Nintendo fans interested, I hope.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

ICStats said:
colafitte said:

Both VGC and NPD have some margin of error.  You should not take them so literally, but look to the long term trend.

I know, but the margin for Xbox One is a lot bigger than PS4 and WiiU without reason, and i'm not talking a 5-10%, i'm talking more than a 20% difference, that's too much.

benji232 said:
OP:

3DS: Decent numbers after NPD adjustments.
PS4: Good numbers considering it hasn't launched in Japan yet and is sold out in most retailers.
XBO: Very bad sales, hopefully Titanfall boosts dramatically it's sales upwards or else were looking at some very similar wiiU sales which is horrible. Japan won't make a difference one bit for it's sales.
WIIU: Horrible sales, I am kinda excited to see the effect that Tropical Freeze will have on wiiU sales. Hopefully it can push it above 80k for atleast 1week.
Vita: Horrible sales aswell. This is as dead as you get in the US. I am wondering if US retailers will just pull it off store shelves in 2014. I mean, were at that point. Hopefully, the remodel gives it a great boost. Fortunetly, it's doing very good in Japan.
360/PS3/WII/PSP: Don't care.

Only games can save psv how many month we didn't get any games on vita in USA

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m