By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global SW & HW UP!! - Week ending Feb 8 (ADJUSTMENTS - PS4 157k, X1 54k, WiiU 36k - PS4 64% marketshare)

Where's those so-called true gamers who said the X1 is selling well??? Told you it would falter!

Around the Network
animegaming said:

or they just don't appeal to themainstream audience 

Appeal is one thing though but I'm pretty sure skyrim succeeded in selling 20 million copies so your point about RPGs not having appeal is incorrect and your point about JRPGs not having appeal is also incorrect because Pokemon is a reknowned franchise across the globe. 

It's just that alot of the western gamers share the same sentiment of not liking japanese cultures ...

didnt expect 360 to drop like that, cant even say because people are buying One because its not doing that great either.

fatslob-:O said:
animegaming said:

Appeal is one thing though but I'm pretty sure skyrim succeeded in selling 20 million copies so your point about RPGs not having appeal is incorrect and your point about JRPGs not having appeal is also incorrect because Pokemon is a reknowned franchise across the globe. 

It's just that alot of the western gamers share the same sentiment of not liking japanese cultures ...

outside of pokemon no JRPG usually reaches 10 million+ and with skyrim that is a western RPG i was mainly talking about JRPG'S they don't usually sale that well in the west compare to WRPG'S because of JRPG'S don't appeal to western gamers 

When will we get numbers for last week ? always monday ?

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Around the Network

I just realised. PS4 in the US 66k superior to Xbox One Worldwide 53K....
That is not good at all for Xbox One. They need to advertise the heck out of Titanfall, cause that is the only thing they can do for now until they can release a Halo or Gears game...

animegaming said:
animegaming said:

outside of pokemon no JRPG usually reaches 10 million+ and with skyrim that is a western RPG i was mainly talking about JRPG'S they don't usually sale that well in the west compare to WRPG'S because of JRPG'S don't appeal to western gamers 

If they didn't shove down japanese culture down our throats it would sell better but alas they continue to do it. The reason why pokemon and older FF games didn't feel so out of place/sold better is because they didn't focus on japanese archetypes and the such. 

Good Bravely Default numbers if true but... I'm going to throw caution at those numbers. VGC has been off about the FW sales of pretty much every JRPG by some margin in terms of USA FW, so I'd imagine Bravely Default won't be any different. Will probably manage 150k or so for the whole month, and that won't be anything to be sniffed at for a new IP on the 3DS.

Also, I seem to recall VGC making its NPD adjustments more gradually than simply outright changing them in the past (though, I may be wrong on that). So I wouldn't be surprised to see more downward adjustments in the future. Possibly to save face or something, idk.

In terms of hardware, horrible all round. The only saving grace I have is that Vita now looks better by comparison because it wasn't overtracked on NPD which pretty much everything else was :(

Hardware all around, though... is pretty shockingly bad. I hope this industry isn't in for a rough gen but I feel like these early sales are showing it's an inevitability.

pezus said:
Xevross said:
pezus said:

PS4 with 61% marketshare this week...without Japan

And with Japan.... PS2 marketshare? Maybe.

That would be about 67-72% or so? Not using lifetime figures (since PS2 outlasted XB and GC a lot). I think it can easily do that weekly after Japan launch.

As per my original estimates, the PS4 market share will be between 67-76% among HD Consoles (XB1 & PS4), which will capture about 80-90% of the overall market. Therefore, among all three, PS4 will capture 54% to 68% of market, depending on how Japan and US react in the upcoming years.

Playstation 5 vs XBox Series Market Share Estimates

Regional Analysis  (only MS and Sony Consoles)
Europe     => XB1 : 23-24 % vs PS4 : 76-77%
N. America => XB1 :  49-52% vs PS4 : 48-51%
Global     => XB1 :  32-34% vs PS4 : 66-68%

Sales Estimations for 8th Generation Consoles

Next Gen Consoles Impressions and Estimates

animegaming said:
animegaming said:

If they didn't shove down japanese culture down our throats it would sell better but alas they continue to do it. The reason why pokemon and older FF games didn't feel so out of place/sold better is because they didn't focus on japanese archetypes and the such. 

it pretty much does all come down to marketing as well