By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global SW & HW UP!! - Week ending Feb 8 (ADJUSTMENTS - PS4 157k, X1 54k, WiiU 36k - PS4 64% marketshare)

Around the Network

Wow, downright depressing numbers D:

I remember saying that it was really unlikely if the PS4 would outsell the X1 2:1 let alone more than that. I feel like quite the fool right now >_

WebMasterFlex said:

Would be more accurate if Reggie and Iwata were as such -

PS4 Na/europe > One global

Wow, didnt see that coming.

PS2 era everywhere

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Bravely Default with a pretty nice opening, also upping the 3DS' weekly sales and helping it retain #1. Nice!

So... should we take these Wii U numbers with a grain of salt? Or would you say VGC is on track now?

Around the Network

Holy shit... Microsoft is not faring very well now! X1 nearly as bad as Wii U?! I was sure it would be doing better than this! Cut the price already MS!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Wonktonodi said:
Hopefully ps4 sales can keep up and not drop off in the not to distant future quickly like the wii u and one though i think this gen will be more front loaded than any other.

The ps3 and 360 sales on this site have been a bit suspect for a while compared with how much Sony and Microsoft are shipping.

vita us sales always make me sad, I wish more people would enjoy this amazing system but people are satisfied enough with tablets and phones so not needing more devices so there is little room for even one device as a designated gaming handheld.

It has nothing to do with smartphone,vita just don't have games that peoples want.

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Also, for a system that's really not selling well, NSMBU, SM3DW, NSLU are holding pretty alright. Above 10k isn't anything to cough at.

It seems Xbox One did a Wii U, big launch but huge drop and bad sales.

Fortunately, Titanfall is there to save everything

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

small44 said:
Wonktonodi said:
Hopefully ps4 sales can keep up and not drop off in the not to distant future quickly like the wii u and one though i think this gen will be more front loaded than any other.

The ps3 and 360 sales on this site have been a bit suspect for a while compared with how much Sony and Microsoft are shipping.

vita us sales always make me sad, I wish more people would enjoy this amazing system but people are satisfied enough with tablets and phones so not needing more devices so there is little room for even one device as a designated gaming handheld.

It has nothing to do with smartphone,vita just don't have games that peoples want.

vita has pleanty of games people want but most of them they can get elsewhere though. Or they just don't even know about them or feel it's worth the price of entry to play them and the hassls of carrying something else around with them.  It's far beyond the vita. Fewer people want to just have a handheld gaming device. They are fine with agnry birds, candy crush etc. The market is changing. Arcades didn't disapear because people didn't want the games there. New ways of playing replaced the old market. Handhelds are on the decline because of smartphones and tablets and the 3ds is also taking a big hot because of it.

Don't take me saying this a me wanting this new market. Just acceptence of it.