By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global SW & HW UP!! - Week ending Feb 8 (ADJUSTMENTS - PS4 157k, X1 54k, WiiU 36k - PS4 64% marketshare)

Wonktonodi said:
small44 said:

Look at how many ip was on psp and are not vita,majority of third party games are late port why people will buy a game 2 times,how many month we didn't get any third party games on vita?

After all that how you can we expect good hardware sales.

I believe that majority of smartphones gamers wasn't gamers before the rise of smartphones.

at what point did the low sales lead to a lack of the gmes and did a lack of the games lead to low sales? sure they could be betterwith some better exclusive games, but who will make that with the change in market.

When the psp came out it was doing numbers much more similar to the ds. There was no ps3 or even a xbox. Playstation was possibly going to knock nintendo back in the handheld market like the console market. Sony had more money to put into 1st part and exclusive 3rd party.

Most smartphone gamers probably weren't gamers before the phones just because of how many more phoens and tablets are sold evey year than most console generations sell. The other thing though is most the 230million plus million handhelds of the last gen sold to people who will be fine not getting a new gaming handheld and will instead game on other devices they have no matter what games come out.

Market didn't change people who buy a last gen console will eventually buy the next gen console if theirs favorite ip  are on the next gen console ,tens of ip that was  on psp are not on psv  fans of those ip didn't buy a vita because those ip are not on it.

Psp got a lot of support in first year from third party gta game come in the first year and that's why it sold well at the bigining when 3rd party abandon psp sales start to slowing down.

Vita had a great launch line up because we know launch line up always are late port game or multiplatform games and vita get a good first week sale after that it get any games for month.

I don't agree that people who buy a last gen console and didn't buy a next gen console goes to smartphone,smartphone introduce a new model create very simple games   with a really low price the creation of this model create a new genre of gamers ,those gamers had never get a console and will never get one they will never accept to pay 40 dollars and console gamers will never stop buying console game and play only smartphone games.

Seriously do you thing people will stop playing call of duty game or god of war and strat playing Angry bird.

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Around the Network
small44 said:

I don't agree that people who buy a last gen console and didn't buy a next gen console goes to smartphone,smartphone introduce a new model create very simple games   with a really low price the creation of this model create a new genre of gamers ,those gamers had never get a console and will never get one they will never accept to pay 40 dollars and console gamers will never stop buying console game and play only smartphone games.

Seriously do you thing people will stop playing call of duty game or god of war and strat playing Angry bird.

Those people will get older and won't play games anymore. However the newer generations definitely will play, and prefer, Angry Birds over Call of Duty and other AAA games. Don't feel like writing it down all over again, so here is how I imagine gaming in 10 years or so

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6065264

Nintendo and PC gamer

Rafux said:
Hey guys lets wait until Xbone releases in Peru and other important markets until calling it doomed.

This. It could compete with PS3 weekly sales at least....

WebMasterFlex said:
Rafux said:
Hey guys lets wait until Xbone releases in Peru and other important markets until calling it doomed.

This. It can compete with PS3 sales at least....

thats nothing to be proud of

Vita is still up YoY which is good I guess and still tracking above Wii U. It's also up in NA (lol), flat in EU, and down in JP. Hopefully starting in late February sales start to pick up for Vita in Japan again to offset last years price cut. I wonder if next week we'll see Vita sales in NA go up a little for Toukiden and Danganronpa...

Vita 2013-  258,310

Vita 2014-  367,100

Wii U 2014-  323,299

PSN: extremeM

PlayStation Vita Japanese Software Sales (Media Create Physical/ Famitsu Digital)

Around the Network

Why such a good week for Vita?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

oniyide said:
WebMasterFlex said:
Rafux said:

Well we can't ask for more.

WebMasterFlex said:
oniyide said:
WebMasterFlex said:
Rafux said:

Well we can't ask for more.

true at least not for now

small44 said:
Wonktonodi said:
small44 said:

Look at how many ip was on psp and are not vita,majority of third party games are late port why people will buy a game 2 times,how many month we didn't get any third party games on vita?

After all that how you can we expect good hardware sales.

I believe that majority of smartphones gamers wasn't gamers before the rise of smartphones.

at what point did the low sales lead to a lack of the gmes and did a lack of the games lead to low sales? sure they could be betterwith some better exclusive games, but who will make that with the change in market.

When the psp came out it was doing numbers much more similar to the ds. There was no ps3 or even a xbox. Playstation was possibly going to knock nintendo back in the handheld market like the console market. Sony had more money to put into 1st part and exclusive 3rd party.

Most smartphone gamers probably weren't gamers before the phones just because of how many more phoens and tablets are sold evey year than most console generations sell. The other thing though is most the 230million plus million handhelds of the last gen sold to people who will be fine not getting a new gaming handheld and will instead game on other devices they have no matter what games come out.

Market didn't change people who buy a last gen console will eventually buy the next gen console if theirs favorite ip  are on the next gen console ,tens of ip that was  on psp are not on psv  fans of those ip didn't buy a vita because those ip are not on it.

Psp got a lot of support in first year from third party gta game come in the first year and that's why it sold well at the bigining when 3rd party abandon psp sales start to slowing down.

Vita had a great launch line up because we know launch line up always are late port game or multiplatform games and vita get a good first week sale after that it get any games for month.

the market had changed. the games missing from the vita wouldn't make it push psp numbers. The 3ds is only just above psp numbers, the nintendogs and brain age market are gone. people can play gta on their phones and tablets.

It's not all or nothing, but where are the arcades people plaid games in? not all gone but far far fewer. Where all the 10s of millions of 2d mario game buyers? Where are the brain age and nintendog players? where are the wii sports and wii fit players? Where are the tony hawk player? the guitar hero player and rock band? where all the people playing wow? where are all the farmville players? markets change all the time, currently there is a bigger change going on because it's not just what we play but what we play on.

I don't think people will just stop playing things they like, but I think the amount of people who like one thing or another will shrink until there is no longer a viable market. and the people making those games will need to do something else to make money.  I fear that shrink will be so severe the dedicated handheld market will die out and the console market will be a shadow of what it once was.

osed125 said:
small44 said:

Those people will get older and won't play games anymore. However the newer generations definitely will play, and prefer, Angry Birds over Call of Duty and other AAA games. Don't feel like writing it down all over again, so here is how I imagine gaming in 10 years or so

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6065264

I believe smartphones games and consoles games will cohabitate console will not be dead somes kids will prefer to buy smartphones games some will prefer to buy consoles games.

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m