By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global SW & HW UP!! - Week ending Feb 8 (ADJUSTMENTS - PS4 157k, X1 54k, WiiU 36k - PS4 64% marketshare)

Zero999 said:

japan won't be very relevant in that percentage for more than 2 weeks.

What exactly do you expect the PS4 to sell in Japan on week 3?

Also I remember you saying something similar about Ghosts PS4 sales in the UK.  That it wouldn't sell relevant numbers in the two weeks after it came out plus the PS4 launch week.  Considering it had done 25k that first week and VGC shows 77k for the launch week (which was the three weeks pre-PS4 release plus launch week), that would suggest you expect big things for the PS4 in Japan.

Around the Network
Wonktonodi said:
small44 said:
Wonktonodi said:
Hopefully ps4 sales can keep up and not drop off in the not to distant future quickly like the wii u and one though i think this gen will be more front loaded than any other.

The ps3 and 360 sales on this site have been a bit suspect for a while compared with how much Sony and Microsoft are shipping.

vita us sales always make me sad, I wish more people would enjoy this amazing system but people are satisfied enough with tablets and phones so not needing more devices so there is little room for even one device as a designated gaming handheld.

It has nothing to do with smartphone,vita just don't have games that peoples want.

vita has pleanty of games people want but most of them they can get elsewhere though. Or they just don't even know about them or feel it's worth the price of entry to play them and the hassls of carrying something else around with them.  It's far beyond the vita. Fewer people want to just have a handheld gaming device. They are fine with agnry birds, candy crush etc. The market is changing. Arcades didn't disapear because people didn't want the games there. New ways of playing replaced the old market. Handhelds are on the decline because of smartphones and tablets and the 3ds is also taking a big hot because of it.

Don't take me saying this a me wanting this new market. Just acceptence of it.

Look at how many ip was on psp and are not vita,majority of third party games are late port why people will buy a game 2 times,how many month we didn't get any third party games on vita?

After all that how you can we expect good hardware sales.

I believe that majority of smartphones gamers wasn't gamers before the rise of smartphones.

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

pezus said:
Zero999 said:
pezus said:

PS4 with 61% marketshare this week...without Japan

japan won't be very relevant in that percentage for more than 2 weeks.

Haha, want to bet? PS4 should sell more in its third week in Japan than WiiU WW that week, barring complete sellouts and lack of stock.

You will regret it. it may even be hard for ps4's japan 3rd week to compete with wii u's japanese sales for the same week.

brute said:
I'm glad PS4 is doing so well, it deserves it because Sony played all of its cards right, it would have won the gen no matter what, but now it is gonna dominate it, WiiU and XbOne are selling bad because of Nintendo's and Microsoft's decision making, but hopefully they do well because competition it good for the industry.

slow down sir.

cycycychris said:

Those Xbone numbers are scary bad right now. I see price cut in it's near future. Probably Kinectless Xbone.
PS4- seems a little low
Wii U- gonna look a lot like these numbers until MK8 hits. DK will boost it for like a week or 2.
Vita-terrible US. Kind of wonder if stores will keep carrying the system if the new model continues this. They already only carry about 5 games.
3DS- takes the lead in the war again. Still needs to sell more than this. Got a lot of games coming out this Spring though.
360- falling pretty quick.

Look here, it's actually very popular in japan it seem.

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Mario-Kart-8-Outselling-PS4-Amazon-Japan-62304.html

Around the Network
small44 said:

Look at how many ip was on psp and are not vita,majority of third party games are late port why people will buy a game 2 times,how many month we didn't get any third party games on vita?

After all that how you can we expect good hardware sales.

I believe that majority of smartphones gamers wasn't gamers before the rise of smartphones.

at what point did the low sales lead to a lack of the gmes and did a lack of the games lead to low sales? sure they could be betterwith some better exclusive games, but who will make that with the change in market.

When the psp came out it was doing numbers much more similar to the ds. There was no ps3 or even a xbox. Playstation was possibly going to knock nintendo back in the handheld market like the console market. Sony had more money to put into 1st part and exclusive 3rd party.

Most smartphone gamers probably weren't gamers before the phones just because of how many more phoens and tablets are sold evey year than most console generations sell. The other thing though is most the 230million plus million handhelds of the last gen sold to people who will be fine not getting a new gaming handheld and will instead game on other devices they have no matter what games come out.

I still think my 30% gen to gen decrease will hold, but at this rate may need to reallocate some X1 numbers to PS4. I did not expect Sony to do so well in N.A.

Who would have thought PS4 NA>X1 Global.

smartphones killing handheld market and taking software sales

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Hey guys lets wait until Xbone releases in Peru and other important markets until calling it doomed.