By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - "Sony Trying Hard To Get Titanfall on PS4/PS3, Microsoft Going For Deal Similar To CoD Series"

Some people are still desperately trying to downplay the qualities and impact of Titanfall, but wait until the sensational reviews and the release avalanche and see how the tune will have changed by then.

~95% Metacritic, system seller for Xbone, everybody in school and your mom discussing the game, GOTY 2014, 10 million lifetime on multiple platforms, future mammoth franchise - obviously Sony is fighting tooth and nail to secure this gaming phenomenon to be on their consoles in the future.

Around the Network
SlayerRondo said:
Given the success of the PS4 EA will almost certainly bring Titanfall 2 to the PS4 if the game ever happens.

And if the bots are either fixed or gone for Titanfall 2 I will be buying it.

Now that I've been playing the game, I can tell you the bots really don't matter.

There is plenty of action with 6v6. The bots are just something to shoot while searching for enemies or making your way to an objective point.

This beta just sold a copy to me on day one.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Yay?

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Zoombael said:
mibuokami said:
walsufnir said:
But nobody wants Titanfall. It looks bad, it's just a CoD with mechs, you can play it on PC and 360, it's only 6v6 and is absolutely overhyped.

I know you're being ironic, but so many people have used one of the above point in a serious post that I want to punch you in the face.

... no offence :P

So... what you're saying is... CoD kids will love titanfall? Well, that's what i said, too. 

They will, this game is has the pick up and play fun factor and a very easy learning curve. But it's also has room for expanded skill well beyond a casual romp and most of the design decision appears solid. I haven't enjoyed an online shooter this thoroughly since the original Modern Warfare and I expect it will be well received by reviewer and gamers alike.

kowenicki said:

out of 100% what do you think the % chance it will happen.

Please dont reply that doesnt matter it hasnt happened?

please just give me a % number.

Thanks.

changing goal posts are we now? my first and only argument is that it didnt happen yet, you are the one who jumped in the conversation. 

Question did it happen? yes or no? 

Around the Network
Serious_frusting said:
If this s true. MEH

Sony should spend tie o getting good games that playstation fans want. If we wanted titanfall we would use a

XBOX
XBONE
PC

Everything does not have to be multiplat

Stop screwing the pooch for Playstation gamers. A lot of them loved COD by the sales numbers more than most games Sony puts out themselves. Sony has a strong relationship with EA and in terms of sales Medal of Honor was the shooter to buy on the PS2 and so was COD a gen later. Titanfall might be that game and Sony doesn't want to miss out on the opportunity.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
papamudd said:
green_sky said:
That's cool but most PlayStation gamers don't care about it.

I know I don't

He's dead wrong and you know it. COD is one of the highest selling games on the PS3. Medal of Honor was one of the highest selling shooters on the PS2. Popular shooters sell very well on Playstation platforms.

Do you not understand the concept of sarcasm? This is not the first time you have missed it. 

green_sky said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
papamudd said:
green_sky said:
That's cool but most PlayStation gamers don't care about it.

I know I don't

He's dead wrong and you know it. COD is one of the highest selling games on the PS3. Medal of Honor was one of the highest selling shooters on the PS2. Popular shooters sell very well on Playstation platforms.

Do you not understand the concept of sarcasm? This is not the first time you have missed it. 

His response to you made me not read it as sarcasm.

kowenicki said:
bananaking21 said:
kowenicki said:

out of 100% what do you think the % chance it will happen.

Please dont reply that doesnt matter it hasnt happened?

please just give me a % number.

Thanks.

changing goal posts are we now? my first and only argument is that it didnt happen yet, you are the one who jumped in the conversation. 

Question did it happen? yes or no? 

no. but it will.

people are saying it dodnt happen to somehoe deflect that it will.

I have a question.

How long will Kaz get before he gets sacked.  Nothing he is trying is working so far and his promises arent coming true, not even close.  Net assets halved, cash burning through at an alarming rate....

Not doing very well is he.

Wrong, he's doing much better than his predecessor, he takes the good decisions, they finally get ride of PC business and focus on what matters the most. You cant say that nothing is working since we didnt see the result yet of these decisions, the cash isnt burning without a good reaon. ( we'll see the results in 2015, 2014 is the restructuration year so obviously, you wont see profit)

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

walsufnir said:
EdHieron said:
TitanFall 1 Special Edition on the way to PS4!

Coming to your Playstation in 2016. Believe. :)

Actually March 2015 according to a leak from Sony.