By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - "Sony Trying Hard To Get Titanfall on PS4/PS3, Microsoft Going For Deal Similar To CoD Series"

Fans complaining to EA won't make a difference. There has to be some sort of contract keeping it exclusive to Xbox. EA can't just break a contract because fans want it. Unless they're talking about Titanfall 2 in which case I don't see that also being exclusive.

Around the Network

I would buy this game for sure if on PS3 or PS4 if on XB1 or 360 I`m really not interested.

Talal said:
Fans complaining to EA won't make a difference. There has to be some sort of contract keeping it exclusive to Xbox. EA can't just break a contract because fans want it

Basically .This  folks ^^^

Praise the One.

Chris Hu said:
Sony can't outbid MS especially since they recently lost another $1,1 billion.

Sony doesn't have to, the lost revenue from the PS3/PS4 will start to make it too expensive for Microsoft to consider, because EA's asking price will rise as the sales disparity increases.

It's an interesting situation for Sony though, do they go full out on the PS4 and put up some money to get rid of the exclusivity?  Or do they rest on their laurels with  the position they're currently in, public opinion on their side, and the content they've already lined up for this year?  It could either be a hammerblow to Microsoft, or something that at least gives them a bump in sales...

Or another thing to consider is Sony simply takes the stance that they did last gen with these 'exclusivity' deals, where they force any developer who does this to bring the game to their console with additional content+polish, sometime down the road.  As the PS3 gained steam last gen, many developers were forced to do this, simply because the possible profits that the PS3 represented were too good to turn down.

Should be enjoyable to watch unfold, at least.

I don't think they need to outbid anything. It's not like they are trying for exclusivity.

Besides, 3rd party exclusives are good and Sony doesn't need this game.

Around the Network
Chris Hu said:

do you know what a projection is?

mornelithe said:
Chris Hu said:

Sony doesn't have to, the lost revenue from the PS3/PS4 will start to make it too expensive for Microsoft to consider, because EA's asking price will rise as the sales disparity increases.

It's an interesting situation for Sony though, do they go full out on the PS4 and put up some money to get rid of the exclusivity?  Or do they rest on their laurels with  the position they're currently in, public opinion on their side, and the content they've already lined up for this year?  It could either be a hammerblow to Microsoft, or something that at least gives them a bump in sales...

Or another thing to consider is Sony simply takes the stance that they did last gen with these 'exclusivity' deals, where they force any developer who does this to bring the game to their console with additional content+polish, sometime down the road.  As the PS3 gained steam last gen, many developers were forced to do this, simply because the possible profits that the PS3 represented were too good to turn down.

Should be enjoyable to watch unfold, at least.

The game will sell more then enough to stay exclusive the FPS crowd is strong on MS cosoles Halo 2 sold enough that it would have been the sixth highest selling game on the PS2 despite selling less then 1/6 of the hardware of the PS2.

#TitianFallPS4 #1080p Campaign !!

Fine by me if it happens. I can always try it on PC if I want to but my laptop isn't that great and it would run much better on PS4.

I can't help but wonder that if this did come out on PS4 eventually, it would become the next CoD, yearly release crap that I despise.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

bananaking21 said:
Chris Hu said:

do you know what a projection is?

This.