By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - "Sony Trying Hard To Get Titanfall on PS4/PS3, Microsoft Going For Deal Similar To CoD Series"

I am not sure about this. Just my opinion but why would Sony get into some kind of bidding war with MS over a game that may or may not be a commercial success and where only the first game is exclusive. Sony have their own 1st party studio line up so they really don't have to get into this kind of situation.

If at all true, let MS have it, save the cash and make your own exclusives.

Around the Network

Will all the downplay go back to hype again?

bananaking21 said:
Chris Hu said:
Sony can't outbid MS especially since they recently lost another $1,1 billion.

do you know what a projection is?

Sony is still a long way away from being profitable on a cosistence basis and when it comes to top notch electronics they will always be behind Samsung and LG.

Stuff like this is why the industry is on the way to crashing. Microsoft has very little confidence in selling their console to casuals and lonely gaming nerds on Valentine's Day alike that they need to spend ridiculous amounts of money for exclusive rights to aging franchises like CoD. Let them destroy the video game industry and see what all that money buys them. It nets them nothing but infamy.

pezus said:
Chris Hu said:

When?

I guess you don't follow the news. 

Around the Network

why not starts making their own IP with more element than Titanfall even with a single player mode...? might don't even need Titanfall 2 on PS4 if it succeed, its not like FPS with mech copyrights already a own by respawn isn't it... 

Chris Hu said:

They're letting go probably 2m sales.... So that's already like $50m on the table. I'm sure Sony will pay the costs to port it to PS4, maybe even PS3 (which might get another million or so)

well I hope it comes to PS4. but if not i'll get it on PC.

Chris Hu said:

Just because you keep repeating this nonsense doesn't make it true...

Outbid Microsoft? They don't need to do that. Really, all they need to do is show EA the NPD numbers, then offer some advertising and exposure incentives. Microsoft is the one that has to pony up large amounts of money to keep the franchise exclusive. Can Microsoft afford that? Absolutely. Would it be worth that much money? In terms of profit, probably not. In terms of trying to keep up with the PS4, they might decide the loss is worthwhile.

As for the contract, I doubt anyone here knows the terms. Could be limited with Microsoft trying to extend the duration. That would make the most sense. It might also be a case where EA or Microsoft are sitting in a "wait and see" stance because they think the terms will swing in their favor after the game launches.