By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - "Sony Trying Hard To Get Titanfall on PS4/PS3, Microsoft Going For Deal Similar To CoD Series"

kowenicki said:
mornelithe said:
kowenicki said:
mornelithe said:
kowenicki said:
drkohler said:
Chris Hu said:
Sony can't outbid MS especially since they recently lost another $1,1 billion.

Just because you keep repeating this nonsense doesn't make it true...

nonsense?  explain.

Well, while the statement is true in the long run, it lacks detail, is basically the point.  The 1.1B loss is forecasted over the next year, not a single day.

Errr... nope. 

It is forecast by March 2014 (a few weeks from now) for the year to March 31st 2014.  This isnt for the next year, its for the current fiscal year.

Ok, point still stands though, it's the losses accrued over a years time, not just for March 31st 2014.  I simply had the timeframe mixed up.

This is where I see so much misunderstanding on financials.

The ONLY numbers that matter for financial results are the year end results.   Quasrtelty financial statements are just that... they mean nothing unless they acumulate into a full year loss or gain.  Sony will record a loss for the year.  What he said was 100% accurate, what you are saying is pointless.

Uh, no, not really.  What I said was factually correct, other than the timeframe.  His statement made it sound like Sony's losing 1.1b in a day.  That's equally if not more inaccurate than my previous statement of 'Over the next year'.  Additionally, Sony's games division is losing nothing right now (unlike Microsofts), which would give them more leeway with shareholders to throw money at things.  Whether they do or not is up to Sony and their shareholders.

Microsoft on the other hand IS losing money in their games division, AND they have major stockholders breathing down their necks.  Equally important to the topic at hand.  So, their purse strings aren't exactly as limitless as some people point out.

But hey, if it makes you feel better by all means, continue to discount reality, and marginalize the fine print.

Around the Network

Does Sony even have enough money to do paid exclusivity ?

pezus said:
J_Allard said:
The game is absolutely incredible and the more people who can play it the mo betta.

That said.. uh, wtf? MS and EA have a deal in place. That deal is either for the entirety of Titanfall's existence (which is what all 3 parties EA, MS, and Respawn have said), or it could be timed exclusive (which is more likely). If it's a timed exclusive, there's nothing Sony can "try hard" with to get the game coming any sooner. It will be there whenever the exclusive deal is up. Sony can't give EA 50 million bucks to make it come 3 months sooner, because then MS would go after EA.

If it's a complete exclusive, then Sony is still wasting their time. With Mass Effect, we don't know if EA and MS came to an agreement that allowed them to put Mass Effect on PS3, or if there was a long time clause in the contract that passed. Either way, there's no way MS allows EA to put Titanfall on the PS platforms unless they really make it worth their while. And if it's some time clause thing, by the time that passes, Titanfall 2 will be out and no one will give any fucks about Titanfall.

If Black Ops were 360 exclusive, and then 3 years later the deal ends, would a Black Ops on PS3 release even be a big deal? No, because you'd have MW3/Blops 2/Ghosts already out.

It shouldn't matter when the GOTGen comes out, as long as it comes out this gen and relatively early to give PS4 owners a chance to play it.

March 11th

fatslob-:O said:

They've done some indies so far.

J_Allard said:
mornelithe said:
kowenicki said:
mornelithe said:
kowenicki said:
drkohler said:
Chris Hu said:

nonsense?  explain.

Well, while the statement is true in the long run, it lacks detail, is basically the point.  The 1.1B loss is forecasted over the next year, not a single day.

Errr... nope. 

It is forecast by March 2014 (a few weeks from now) for the year to March 31st 2014.  This isnt for the next year, its for the current fiscal year.

Ok, point still stands though, it's the losses accrued over a years time, not just for March 31st 2014.  I simply had the timeframe mixed up.

You were wrong and what he said makes sense, whether it matters or not.

Exactly how was I wrong?  Are you actually incapable of reading, yet posting on a message board?  I find that highly amusing.  Backtrack to the original comment I made, and I say straight up, as a whole his comment was accurate, but the detail wasn't there.  Maybe that's splitting hairs, but that was really the only way I could understand why he was being questioned in the first place.  Get a grip.

PS.  You even quoted me saying it.  "Well, while the statement is true in the long run, it lacks detail"

Around the Network
J_Allard said:

I remember it being timed exclusivity though ...

green_sky said:
That's cool but most PlayStation gamers don't care about it.

Speak for yourself. I would look up COD sales. The only console gamers who wouldn't care about such a thing are Nintendo gamers.

Chris Hu said:

Just read the article http://www.businessinsider.com/sony-warns-of-11-billion-loss-2014-2.  Sony is a long way off from being profitable on a consistent basis and when it comes to making high quality electronics they can not surpass Samsung and LG.  Not only do those two South Korean giants make better electronics they also make a wider variety of electronics.

Holy shit man, you still don't get what this is about do you?   Everyone knows that they will lose 1.1 Billion. But your initial statement said "they recently" lost 1.1B.  That's the forecast for March 31st, 2014 results. It's true that they will lose that much money because it was projected. However, you said it in past tense which made it seem like Sony lost that 1.1 billion already in the last quarter. That's why someone replied to you saying "When"   Because it's not March 31st yet, it will be in a few weeks but not now. That is all.......

mornelithe said:
J_Allard said:
mornelithe said:
kowenicki said:
mornelithe said:
kowenicki said:
drkohler said:
Chris Hu said:

nonsense?  explain.

Errr... nope. 

You were wrong and what he said makes sense, whether it matters or not.

Exactly how was I wrong?  Are you actually incapable of reading, yet posting on a message board?  I find that highly amusing.  Backtrack to the original comment I made, and I say straight up, as a whole his comment was accurate, but the detail wasn't there.  Maybe that's splitting hairs, but that was really the only way I could understand why he was being questioned in the first place.  Get a grip.

Doh, please delete this post.

J_Allard said:

I remember it being timed exclusivity though ...

If you mean complete exclusivity then probably not for a huge game. I mean do they have the money? Of course. Does it make financial sense with their money issues and PS4's market place? No.