By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How long did you wait outside for you console?

Riot Of The Blood said:
When I bought my first Wii, I waited about 6hours to get it. I actually have pics from that day. I had a lot of fun trying to tell the Nintendo fans that the PS3 was so much better than the Wii.

I'm assuming "trying" meant you failed. Riot, your such a fanboy, lol.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

Wii - 21 hours on launch.

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

5 minutes for the Wii at launch.

The NES I had as a kid, and the Gamecube and Xbox I have now are all second hand. I bought my PS2 from a store last year, and naturally there was no shortage.

I got my Wii on 21.12.06, 13 days after launch. All I had to do was walk in with my dad and pick up our reservation, which might have included my dad pulling a few strings somewhere, because they weren't normally giving out reservations when supply was so short.

I'd love to camp out for something, but with my interests and the small gaming scene in Finland, it doesn't look likely to happen any time soon.

3 hours for my Wii. I got the last one in the store!!! =)

Around the Network

Walked right in and picked it up. Didn't even have to pay for it.....my brother did.

Wii Code 8761-5941-4718-0078 

I got woken up by a 5 am phone call on Wii launch morning, my friend was in line at a Wal-Mart that opened at 6 and said there were only 10 people there. I got to the store around 5:30, waited half an hour, bought their 18th Wii out of 20. As I left, the person behind me was buying the 19th, and someone ran in the front door as I walked out the front door to buy the 20th. I got very, very lucky. :) I had been to 5 stores the night before that all had lines longer than their inventory.

I ordered on Amazon and received it on 27 Dec 2006. Had to pick it up from the post office though, that was quite cold.

Hardcore gaming is a bubble economy blown up by Microsoft's $7 $6 billion losses.

well i was lucky with wii i went at my wal-mart around 2 in the noon thats when they got theyre shipments right away i got one then three people after me also bought one

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

I waited 16hrs, at wii launch date...damn you Target!