By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How long did you wait outside for you console?

I got my wii a month after launch.(near christmas) I waited outside for 5 hrs swithing with friends in line to keep warm. I didn't wait outside for my 360 and my ps3. For my ds I got it at launch and waited outside for around 8hrs. My psp I bought used for like 50 dollars so it was a deal.

Around the Network

zero minuten.

I went into a store about 2 months after launch (UK) and put my name on a list... 1 week later the store called me and I went in to pay the rest of the money.

I waited no time for any of my consoles. I got my 360 in a remote location on launch day where there were no line-ups.

I got my Wii when they were plentiful in February last year.

I got my PS3's by walking into Best Buy where they are always stacked on palletes.

@TWroO What console/s.

Never

I bought all my consoles when they were in stock

Around the Network

I got my Wii for free from Gamefly. Technically I paid 3 friends $20 each to sign up for Gamefly, so I basically got my Wii for $60...the entire process of signing up for Gamefly and waiting for confirmation and shipping took a couple months, but hey...I never had to wait outside hehe.

I waited outside from 9 pm to 4 am in freezing weather for my 22" computer monitor though...it's a ton of fun if you go with friends, and of course wear a few layers, blankets, sleeping bags, etc.   I coccooned myself up, played Mario Kart DS with my friends, the works.  We're gonna bring a tent and propane heater next year and play some board games.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

When I bought my first Wii, I waited about 6hours to get it. I actually have pics from that day. I had a lot of fun trying to tell the Nintendo fans that the PS3 was so much better than the Wii.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

i never really waited ,got a ps3 and psp and both in stock :) allthough psp was hard to find

Me and the missus waited outside for 5 hours for the Wii thought we brought warm enought clothing, boy were we wroung but well worth it.

I waited inside.

I called all game selling stores in my area for 3 straight days until I got one manager at a Gamestop that said a delivery of Wii's would be in between noon and 4pm. Because I had to work I couldn't just stay there all day.

I called at noon and he said they had not arrived and no one was waiting.

I called again at 2pm and got same answer.

I called again at 3pm and got same answer.

Now, I decided I could leave work and just wait to ensure I got one. As he did say that when they come in they are gone instantly.

I get there at about 3:30pm, still no Wii's and no one waiting. By the time they got there a little late at 4:30pm 6 other people had came into the store to wait. The first 3 got them. This all happened back in February of 2007 when supply was >1m and stores were only getting a handful a week.

I had a great evening.