By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy 15 'quite far into development, given high priority' by Square

Yay, more battle systems that we know off taken from already underperforming FF's...

They clearly know the way to go.

As Iggy used to say: Blah blah blah

Around the Network

Oh for god's sake... just forget everything about FFXIII. There nothing worth salvaging.

Great meaningless update Square, I wouldn't expect anything else

Anyway, I hope this isn't too Kingdom Heartsy... Kingdom Hearts is its own thing and only works because it's just so amazingly stupid

7+ Years later and they aren't sure what the gameplay will be like...

Love and tolerate.

Salnax said:
7+ Years later and they aren't sure what the gameplay will be like...

What? They are clearly visionaries

Just don't take FF XIII or Lightning Returns into any kind of foundation... the first one just needs one button to function, the other, while much better, is just not really fun to use IMO (at least from the demo which I played yesterday).

Around the Network

I haven't really been keeping up with FFXV news, but has there been any concrete information about the gameplay in the last year or so? I feel like this game is very incorporeal and hard to pin down as to exactly what it's about. That could be just me, though, since I haven't been paying too much attention.

I still think this is coming in Japan for Holiday 2014. SE need a big game in order to make some profit in this next fiscal year. Nomura is not going to release KH3 before this so that's out. The last Dragon Quest bombed and is going to take some time before 11 gets announced/released. TR2 might get announced but won't release this year. (That barely made profit anyways)

Everything else is done. FF14 is done on all platforms with PS4 coming in April, the FF13 saga is now all done. Drakengard 3 is done with a US release in May. They'll probably have a small team on KH2.5 this year so all resources are free to move on to this game.

This would be a huge advantage for Sony as well for the PS4 push in Japan. My prediction is Dec 2014 for Japan release.

Glad to hear this, but this can still mean there is a lot of time left before it actually releases. I mean, it's pretty much common sense to assume it'll be out no earlier than 2015 and that it may not see the light of day until 2016, but glad to hear it's been given high priority, finally.

We're also pretty far down the path where no one cares any longer. This is ridiculous, if this was given any priority; it would have released a long time ago.

Wasn't this announced in 2006 initially? I would really hope it was by now.