By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy 15 'quite far into development, given high priority' by Square

please make it this year please make it this year please make it this year please make it this year please make it this year PLEASE

Around the Network

My hype for this game has died.

I bought my PS3 in '08 in anticipation of Final Fantasy Versus XIII (announced in '06).
While I will end up buying a PS4 soon, it will not be in anticipation of FF XV (lesson learned from 6 years ago).

The game has been in development for 8 years, I would hope that it was far into development at this point.

I cannot wait much longer for this game. Every video gets more and more epic. The more the Japanese learn from the west the better their games will come out in the long run as far as presentation. If Square wants to learn about 40+ hour games without RPG elements they need to take a lesson from Rockstar and they do it in a much smaller amount of time.

Around the Network

I expect a 2015 launch..kh 3 hopefully not after 2016

mM

Believe it when I see it...they've dropped the ball so completely on this series. What else were they going to say? "We've barely begun work on a game we announced 7 years ago."

Good, releasing in Japan this holiday and March in the west. I want Nomura fully concentrated on Kingdom Hearts 3.

I think fall 2014 is realistic for Japan at least.

rccsetzer said:

They are so far into development that they don't know yet how the battle system will work. Ok, Square...

It's modern Squeenix: 90% of the time and energy is put into graphics and cutscenes.

anamme said:
Believe it when I see it...they've dropped the ball so completely on this series. What else were they going to say? "We've barely begun work on a game we announced 7 years ago."

It'd be an honest answer at least!