By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MGS:GZ Looks and Performs a lot better on PS4

allblue said:
NobleTeam360 said:
allblue said:
NobleTeam360 said:
allblue said:
kowenicki said:
Or how about we ignore it and give it the reception it deserves. Paying for a 2 hour demo now?

If it wasn't a 2 hours long game but rather a full fledged AAA title superior on PS4, how would you have tailored your response?

You're talking about a hypothetical situation so it's irrelevant. 

My comment was as relevant as the comment I quoted was to this topic. 

Exactly. 

So in a sense my comment did make a point. 

In a sense I guess it did. 

Around the Network
Dr.Grass said:
People are shitting themselves because OMG $30 for a DEMO OMG OMG!

$30 is cheapo for a glimpse into my favourite game series debuting on next gen hardware. And it won't be 2 hours long. That's just retarded.

I think it's funny that MGSGZ was on the MS stage at e3 and now people like kowenicki are decrying it's value.

Exactly. If you play it through normally, it will be much longer than 2 hours.

Otherwise MGS4 was a "demo" because it only had "an hour and a half of content" yet it's one of the highest rates games from last gen, one of the highest rated games of all time, and arguably the second best entry into the series (depending on where you place 1 and 3). GZ is definitely getting downplayed because the PS4 version is apparently superior

But if people want to get technical, the game is a "prologue" anyway, so it's gonna be budget priced. People complaining about "paying full price for a demo" don't realize that you won't be paying "full price", which I'm assuming they're thinking $60. Same thing happened with GT5:P last gen, and people got over the downplaying after it came out and began to respect it for being a good game. Same will probably happen with GZ.

kowenicki said:
Or how about we ignore it and give it the reception it deserves. Paying for a 2 hour demo now?

Heavenly sword was barely 5 hours, and almost double the price 

mM
think-man said:

Maybe we should only make threads on versions of games where the X1 is superior over the PS4. It would say alot of thread, seems like we are talking about the same thing over and over just trading out the game.

So, we never again make a thread on that topic?

Hmmm... I think I'm noticing a pattern on the topics on this site...

Around the Network
BMaker11 said:
Dr.Grass said:

$30 is cheapo for a glimpse into my favourite game series debuting on next gen hardware. And it won't be 2 hours long. That's just retarded.

I think it's funny that MGSGZ was on the MS stage at e3 and now people like kowenicki are decrying it's value.

Otherwise MGS4 was a "demo" because it only had "an hour and a half of content" yet it's one of the highest rates games from last gen, one of the highest rated games of all time, and arguably the second best entry into the series (depending on where you place 1 and 3). GZ is definitely getting downplayed because the PS4 version is apparently superior

But if people want to get technical, the game is a "prologue" anyway, so it's gonna be budget priced. People complaining about "paying full price for a demo" don't realize that you won't be paying "full price", which I'm assuming they're thinking $60. Same thing happened with GT5:P last gen, and people got over the downplaying after it came out and began to respect it for being a good game. Same will probably happen with GZ.

I have another issue with these opinionated people...

Why the hell would they get upset about the prequel to a game if they are not a fan of said game series!? Absolute madness. Do these same people have ANY IDEA that the friggin clothes their girlfriends/wives/themselves wear cost 1/50th of what they pay for to manufacture!?

I knew a middle class german guy that had to wear polo clothes and would pay ~$200 for a white shirt with a stupd little horse or some shit on it.

Now if I want to pay $30 for the prequel to my favourite game series of all time (and there's only been a handful of them in the last 15 years) so that I don't have to wait more than a year to play the full game then WHY is that a problem.

IMO these people should STFU.

pr3st00 said:
Hmmm... I think I'm noticing a pattern on the topics on this site...

And i'm noticing a pattern of certain people commenting in a certain way on this site....

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

kowenicki said:

Firstly it is not two hours. Secondly it is not a demo. 

But if there was something in the line of the topic that bothered you to reach a conclusion on it's price with just a few early reviews on, I'd be curious to know it. 

Dr.Grass said:
BMaker11 said:
Dr.Grass said:

I have another issue with these opinionated people...

Why the hell would they get upset about the prequel to a game if they are not a fan of said game series!? Absolute madness. Do these same people have ANY IDEA that the friggin clothes their girlfriends/wives/themselves wear cost 1/50th of what they pay for to manufacture!?

I knew a middle class german guy that had to wear polo clothes and would pay ~$200 for a white shirt with a stupd little horse or some shit on it.

Now if I want to pay $30 for the prequel to my favourite game series of all time (and there's only been a handful of them in the last 15 years) so that I don't have to wait more than a year to play the full game then WHY is that a problem.

IMO these people should STFU.

And to add icing to the cake for people like Kowen:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=768140

"Finished GZ for the first time in about 90 minutes. Total game completion? 9%. I think that tells you all you need to know...."

and from the impressions link, there's people commenting that they're still doing missions 5 hours in, so you can't assume the other 91% of the game will be "collectables" for Trophies/Gamerscore

As just as another reference, akin to the one I made for MGS4 being "an hour and a half": Fallout 3 can be beaten in 40 minutes if you do nothing but main missions.....just in case the "90 minutes to beat the main missions" on GZ was still a turn off after going through the link I just provided. Yet you can end up putting 100+ hours in F3.... 

kowenicki said:
Dr.Grass said:
kowenicki said:
Dr.Grass said:

why?

well, for one thing, you'll get your wish and by the end of the generation these unnecessary multiplats won't be gracing your console anymore

not sure this has anything to do with the previous "point" you tried to make. actuaslly, I am sure, they are entirely unrelated. but carry on...

Try to cut out the personal attacks though... you've made two already.

"people like kowenicki are decrying it's value."

"well, for one thing, you'll get your wish and by the end of the generation these unnecessary multiplats won't be gracing your console anymore"

Personal attacks!? Mmmfff. right. ok.

Gamers have been loving MGS for 15 years. Who do you think you are to decry a critically acclaimed director who has legions of devoted fans!?

We all know what's really going on here on this website. Its' plain as day. Just very funny that the truth is taking so long to sink in.