By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Titanfall:" More than just a COD with Mechs" -Gamespot

Aerys said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Aerys said:
Still, i prefer evolve, a real next gen totally fresh new ip

I haven't seen gameplay yet.

Here : http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=178077&page=1#

It looks like a better looking version of Overrun from Gears of War: Judgement. The only difference is that its FPS and on a grander scale. When you're playing as the largest beast you're playing in third person. There is no mech game with a blend of COD and jetpack fighting. If you can find it please tell me. Now that Gears of War is Microsofts completely, theres no telling how much innovation is going to go into the multiplayer.

Around the Network

Lol, it has absolutely nothing to do with Overrun, it's much more like an unexpected mix between Monster Hunter ( big living world with intelligent wildlife, weather cycle(and maybe day/night) and a big evolving prey/boss to hunt) , and alien vs predator( a prey evolving by killing animals to become the hunter)  and left 4 dead ( the two gameplay sides, with 2 different level design for the hunters and the beast) in an original universe, absolutely no game looks like that in any way. That's why it's totally fresh.

When, like an other guy said, mecha are just cool vehicles, the only good innovation is COD with Jetpack.
But there is so much COD-like games, so it's good to have something really fresh from time to time.

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Aerys said:

Lol, it has absolutely nothing to do with Overrun, it's much more like an unexpected mix between Monster Hunter ( big living world with intelligent wildlife, weather cycle(and maybe day/night) and a big evolving prey/boss to hunt) , and alien vs predator( a prey evolving by killing animals to become the hunter) in an original universe, absolutely no game looks like that in any way. That's why it's totally fresh.

When, like an other guy said, mecha are just cool vehicles, the only good innovation is COD with Jetpack.
But there is so much COD-like games, so it's good to have something really fresh from time to time.

Um the beast can be controlled by humans. It's not just humans vs CPU, therefore making it a lot like Overrun. Only difference is the Beast is far harder to kill and you have to survive against it. Mechs are vehicles, but they have different purposes and i'll bet money that once it hits the Playstation half of you wont be complaining.

Or it's overrun that looks like Left 4 Dead, but both are far away from evolve, because like i said, it's not just a sequel to left 4 dead with a different skin and 2-3 new features,no it's really a mix making a totally fresh uncomparable game.

I'll wont be complaining if more people can play Titanfall(and get it for free ), and if i wanted to play it , i could on my PC/360/One, but i dont play COD anymore since MW, so i dont see why that kind of game would deserve 70$ , especially with no single player, so maybe i'll buy it but never for more than 40$

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

RareglovE said:
Fusioncode said:
toastboy44562 said:
Titanfall will surely put the final nail in tha coffin for the PS4 in US

I'm still waiting for the first nail. 

Wahahaha

Iam still waiting for the coffin.

Well, Sony's shares at junk status, they're just going to have to make do with a cardboard box....

This will push the Xbox One's hardware but not past the PS4.

Around the Network
think-man said:
Might pick it up in a few months, I dont have a X1 so i'll have to settle with 360 or PC. Not to fussed about it for the time being though Dark Souls 2 comes before any other game and that will suck away months of my life.

March does look pretty packed.  Weird to think but it seems the first few months of this year has been better than 2013 holidays in many ways.  Kind of wish Dark Souls II was on XBO and PS4 but ill get it for PC.  Hoping it doesnt have a shit ton of issues like Dark Souls had.

Aerys said:
Or it's overrun that looks like Left 4 Dead, but both are far away from evolve, because like i said, it's not just a sequel to left 4 dead with a different skin and 2-3 new features,no it's really a mix making a totally fresh uncomparable game.

I'll wont be complaining if more people can play Titanfall(and get it for free ), and if i wanted to play it , i could on my PC/360/One, but i dont play COD anymore since MW, so i dont see why that kind of game would deserve 70$ , especially with no single player, so maybe i'll buy it but never for more than 40$

Then it seems multiplayer is secondary for you. Luckily for EA multiplayer seemed to trump single player last gen in the west, so depending on who you are it could either be a good or a bad thing. I like COD, but thankfully Titanfall is pretty different and faster paced. Its good that they didnt stray too far away from the winning parts of what made COD so great.

As I said before, show me games that have multiple mechs with different attributes, yeilding weaknesses and strengths and also being able to play the role of a dynamic soldier. Aliens colonial marines was looking to do the same ting as Evovle but failed miserably. The idea has been thought of before, but I am sure i'll love the game.

Titanfall does look promising seeing all the video footages about the gameplay really looks fun. I might get it for the 360.

JayWood2010 said:
think-man said:
Might pick it up in a few months, I dont have a X1 so i'll have to settle with 360 or PC. Not to fussed about it for the time being though Dark Souls 2 comes before any other game and that will suck away months of my life.

March does look pretty packed.  Weird to think but it seems the first few months of this year has been better than 2013 holidays in many ways.  Kind of wish Dark Souls II was on XBO and PS4 but ill get it for PC.  Hoping it doesnt have a shit ton of issues like Dark Souls had.

Yeah at least there is safety in the console versions as they put more effort in. PC will get good mod support though.

I do worry about one aspect of Titanfall that to me might be the cause of it's downfall. That being it's online only, and due to the unique way the Xbox Live is funded, will cause issues when people don't understand why they have to pay more to play a game they just bought for $60 (or $560 if they bought a Xbone too). For us, the gaming community, it might not seem that big of a deal, we are either paying already or planning to pay but I'm going to guess that there are a lot more casual gamers who are less well informed that will complain when they buy the game and there isn't a single player campaign or local multiplayer.

Some might not think this an issue but I'm starting to think it will be.

Hmm, pie.