By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Titanfall:" More than just a COD with Mechs" -Gamespot

Of course it's more than just COD with Mechs, it has jetpacks too.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Aerys said:

Lol, it has absolutely nothing to do with Overrun, it's much more like an unexpected mix between Monster Hunter ( big living world with intelligent wildlife, weather cycle(and maybe day/night) and a big evolving prey/boss to hunt) , and alien vs predator( a prey evolving by killing animals to become the hunter) in an original universe, absolutely no game looks like that in any way. That's why it's totally fresh.

When, like an other guy said, mecha are just cool vehicles, the only good innovation is COD with Jetpack.
But there is so much COD-like games, so it's good to have something really fresh from time to time.

Mechs are vehicles,

So you argued with me for the sake of it?

ironmanDX said:
RareglovE said:
Fusioncode said:
toastboy44562 said:
Titanfall will surely put the final nail in tha coffin for the PS4 in US

I'm still waiting for the first nail. 

Wahahaha

Iam still waiting for the coffin.

Well, Sony's shares at junk status, they're just going to have to make do with a cardboard box....

This will push the Xbox One's hardware but not past the PS4.

LOL, so much salt. Funny how people have resorted to bringing up financial reports.

FlamingWeazel said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Aerys said:

Lol, it has absolutely nothing to do with Overrun, it's much more like an unexpected mix between Monster Hunter ( big living world with intelligent wildlife, weather cycle(and maybe day/night) and a big evolving prey/boss to hunt) , and alien vs predator( a prey evolving by killing animals to become the hunter) in an original universe, absolutely no game looks like that in any way. That's why it's totally fresh.

When, like an other guy said, mecha are just cool vehicles, the only good innovation is COD with Jetpack.
But there is so much COD-like games, so it's good to have something really fresh from time to time.

Mechs are vehicles,

So you argued with me for the sake of it?

I never argued that mechs weren't vehicles, but you were trivalizing the purpose of what that vehicle is for. This isn't battlefield. If it was then maybe i'd agree with you. You seem to downplay things you dont believe in or like.

FlamingWeazel said:
ironmanDX said:
RareglovE said:
Fusioncode said:
toastboy44562 said:

Wahahaha

Well, Sony's shares at junk status, they're just going to have to make do with a cardboard box....

LOL, so much salt. Funny how people have resorted to bringing up financial reports.

If I edit it with a smiley, will it help? It was a joke...

Go jump on the people who bought sales into it then... No?

Ok.

Around the Network
FlamingWeazel said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
deskpro2k3 said:
sounds like damage control

There had zero damage control. He's saying that the game is more than what it seems like on the surface and shows you in the video why. The match types, mechs and more will keep battles fresh. The gameplay style allows for great replay value as well.

How are mechs any different then the 20+ vehicles I can fly, drive over a big map in BF4? Mechs are just another vehicle and an extension of you on the groud. The only thing that does make this game seem different is mobility, it sure isn't the mechs.

I believe it will play like Transformers: Fall of Cybertron online mode (without transformations, of course and in fps mode). It was pretty fun, but is not that different from a regular shooter. You are bigger and a little more clunky to move, but the mechanics are largely the same. But I have to say, being bigger and watching giant robots fall to your shots is way more satisfying.

There is a decent preview of titanfall demo on giantbomb.com looks like a bunch of fun. the 6 vs 6 things doesnt even look like it matters. I hope to get into the beta this weekend, it looks fun.

torok said:
FlamingWeazel said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
deskpro2k3 said:
sounds like damage control

There had zero damage control. He's saying that the game is more than what it seems like on the surface and shows you in the video why. The match types, mechs and more will keep battles fresh. The gameplay style allows for great replay value as well.

How are mechs any different then the 20+ vehicles I can fly, drive over a big map in BF4? Mechs are just another vehicle and an extension of you on the groud. The only thing that does make this game seem different is mobility, it sure isn't the mechs.

I believe it will play like Transformers: Fall of Cybertron online mode (without transformations, of course and in fps mode). It was pretty fun, but is not that different from a regular shooter. You are bigger and a little more clunky to move, but the mechanics are largely the same. But I have to say, being bigger and watching giant robots fall to your shots is way more satisfying.

Can you jump eject out of your Titan cockpit and shoot ememy Titans and soliders mid descent in Transformers? Can you you stop bullets with your Transformers magnetic hand in Transformers? Can you view things from the cockpit in first person in Transformers? How are the melee kills in Tranformers compared to Titans melee kills for humans and Titans? There are no soliders in Transformers so you cannot compare those at all. What do Titans transform into? Seriously. Transformers is more akin to Gears of Warin core gameplay than it is to Titanfall. Stop comparing a TPS to an FPS.

yer ill stick to tribes and ut and halo. EA can go jump with their bribes.

ironmanDX said:
FlamingWeazel said:
ironmanDX said:
RareglovE said:
Fusioncode said:
toastboy44562 said:

Wahahaha

If I edit it with a smiley, will it help? It was a joke...

Go jump on the people who bought sales into it then... No?

Ok.

Sales of a game is not remotely the same as financial status of a company as a whole. Nice try.