By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Titanfall:" More than just a COD with Mechs" -Gamespot

Mystro-Sama said:
FlamingWeazel said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
deskpro2k3 said:
sounds like damage control

There had zero damage control. He's saying that the game is more than what it seems like on the surface and shows you in the video why. The match types, mechs and more will keep battles fresh. The gameplay style allows for great replay value as well.

How are mechs any different then the 20+ vehicles I can fly, drive over a big map in BF4? Mechs are just another vehicle and an extension of you on the groud. The only thing that does make this game seem different is mobility, it sure isn't the mechs.

Shhh... Just let them have this.

Haha I never said it's bad in fact I might get it on PC (Signed up for the beta), but it isn't the mechs that make this game fun at all they are just another vehicle and there are ony 3. The mobility is what does make it stand out a bit.

Around the Network
FlamingWeazel said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
deskpro2k3 said:

There had zero damage control. He's saying that the game is more than what it seems like on the surface and shows you in the video why. The match types, mechs and more will keep battles fresh. The gameplay style allows for great replay value as well.

How are mechs any different then the 20+ vehicles I can fly, drive over a big map in BF4? Mechs are just another vehicle and an extension of you on the groud. The only thing that does make this game seem different is mobility, it sure isn't the mechs. They all have different strengths and weaknesses, so you must think about how you use them. There are so many ways to kill people without the mech as well.

The mechs have different classes just like humans do. As the franchise expands more mechs will join in. By then then Titanfall 2 will be out with a PS4 version. 

S.T.A.G.E. said:
FlamingWeazel said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
deskpro2k3 said:

How are mechs any different then the 20+ vehicles I can fly, drive over a big map in BF4? Mechs are just another vehicle and an extension of you on the groud. The only thing that does make this game seem different is mobility, it sure isn't the mechs.

The mechs have different classes just like humans do. As the franchise expands more mechs will join in. By then then Titanfall 2 will be out with a PS4 version. 

They are still just vehicles........................ Nothing more.

FlamingWeazel said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
FlamingWeazel said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
deskpro2k3 said:

The are vehicles that are created to move like man. Mech bots and there hasn't been a competent game like that in a while. In fact none like this so stop trivializing things just because you're biased.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
FlamingWeazel said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
FlamingWeazel said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
deskpro2k3 said:

The are vehicles that are created to move like man. Mech bots and there hasn't been a competent game like that in a while. In fact none like this so stop trivializing things just because you're biased.

Biased??? It's a fact they are just vehicles, adding a couple skills or perks doesn't change that. I am not trivializing anything mechs are hardly new, I said already it is the MOBILITY that is the best part of the game, but you want to dwell on the negative.

Around the Network
FlamingWeazel said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
FlamingWeazel said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
FlamingWeazel said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
deskpro2k3 said:

Biased??? It's a fact they are just vehicles, adding a couple skills or perks doesn't change that. I am not trivializing anything mechs are hardly new, I said already it is the MOBILITY that is the best part of the game, but you want to dwell on the negative.

You're trivializing the game. If you don't like it thats fine, but you're literally TRYING to downplay the game. You don't have to like it. I respect your opinion, but its doing what NO shooter is doing right or has been doing in the past. You're reminding me exactly why even though I prefer Sony's overall product over Microsoft why I refuse to take sides and just focus on the games. If I was acting like you i'd be so picky that i'd miss out on some gems. In the end its all about the games. Whether you like it or not this IS a heavy hitter and it even stole Destiny's thunder that they had about year prior. Activision was smart not to launch Destiny next to this game. Of course Sony had to try though with their terrible marketing prowess with launches. 

S.T.A.G.E. said:
FlamingWeazel said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
FlamingWeazel said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
FlamingWeazel said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
deskpro2k3 said:

You're trivializing the game. If you don't like it thats fine, but you're literally TRYING to downplay the game. You don't have to like it. I respect your opinion, but its doing what NO shooter is doing right or has been doing in the past. You're reminding me exactly why even though I prefer Sony's overall product over Microsoft why I refuse to take sides and just focus on the games. If I was acting like you i'd be so picky that i'd miss out on some gems.

You are way too sensitive and are not seeing my whole post, I like the game and am probably going to buy it, fact is mechs are just another vehicle, period. Doesn't mean the game won't be good, the mobility is really neat.

Fusioncode said:
toastboy44562 said:
Titanfall will surely put the final nail in tha coffin for the PS4 in US

I'm still waiting for the first nail. 

Wahahaha

Iam still waiting for the coffin.

Still, i prefer evolve, a real next gen totally fresh new ip

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

This game is Starhawk minus the RTS, made like CoD, with Halo Reach and Brink elements.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(