By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Titanfall:" More than just a COD with Mechs" -Gamespot

FlamingWeazel said:
ironmanDX said:
FlamingWeazel said:

LOL, so much salt. Funny how people have resorted to bringing up financial reports.

If I edit it with a smiley, will it help? It was a joke...

Go jump on the people who bought sales into it then... No?

Ok.

Sales of a game is not remotely the same as financial status of a company as a whole. Nice try.

It was console sales.....

It's literally attached to your reply.

Funny how you didn't notice it.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Can you jump eject out of your Titan cockpit and shoot ememy Titans and soliders mid descent in Transformers? Can you you stop bullets with your Transformers magnetic hand in Transformers? Can you view things from the cockpit in first person in Transformers? How are the melee kills in Tranformers compared to Titans melee kills for humans and Titans? There are no soliders in Transformers so you cannot compare those at all. What do Titans transform into? Seriously. Transformers is more akin to Gears of Warin core gameplay than it is to Titanfall. Stop comparing a TPS to an FPS.

TPS and FPS aren't that different to play. You go around and shoot stuff, the differences are in cover aspects (TF doesn't have it, so it isn't a factor here), camera and minor things. Playing one, you get better in the other because of similarities. A lot of TPS game are more similar to FPS ones that to other TPS (Uncharted is more similar to COD than to TLOU on it's multiplayer gameplay, even being from the same dev. The game flow is totally different).

I compared these games because of the scale and the battle flow that will probably be similar because both have more clunky characters (not a critic, but a giant robot isn't as agile as a human). I actually believe it will be pretty good, as Transformers is. But all the things you said above aren't massive gameplay changer features. They add, but they won't change the way the game is played, except by the possibility of going on foot vs. going with mechs, in that aspect it will be more BF like with human-vehicle interactions.

ironmanDX said:
FlamingWeazel said:
ironmanDX said:
FlamingWeazel said:

LOL, so much salt. Funny how people have resorted to bringing up financial reports.

Ok.

Sales of a game is not remotely the same as financial status of a company as a whole. Nice try.

You brought up Sony's junk status, which has zero to do with playstation which single handidly moved sony into profit last quarter. Nice try.

FlamingWeazel said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
deskpro2k3 said:
sounds like damage control

There had zero damage control. He's saying that the game is more than what it seems like on the surface and shows you in the video why. The match types, mechs and more will keep battles fresh. The gameplay style allows for great replay value as well.

How are mechs any different then the 20+ vehicles I can fly, drive over a big map in BF4? Mechs are just another vehicle and an extension of you on the groud. The only thing that does make this game seem different is mobility, it sure isn't the mechs.

it's primarily the way the game handles and plays that makes it stand out.

I think you'd know why once you've played a few matches of the game.  

FlamingWeazel said:
ironmanDX said:
FlamingWeazel said:
ironmanDX said:
FlamingWeazel said:

Ok.

You brought up Sony's junk status, which has zero to do with playstation which single handidly moved sony into profit last quarter. Nice try.

Sony's status has little with Playstation? Playstation moved Sony into profit?

There is no point discussing with you any further. You're just a brick wall.