By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Series that are disproportionately Popular in Certain Regions

ktay95 said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
How can people not like Kirby? Its soo damn cute and deadly, its like a pink ball of death and sucking!!!

But damn, this is an awesome thread that I had no idea about... Maybe Nintendo isn't just consistently fapping to Peach in her cat custom after all and actually knows what they are doing... Here's hopes for a great 2014!!

Also, Japan doesn't like Zelda? WTF

Everyone loves Kirby, its just that his games suck =P

and its not that Japan dont like Zelda but Japan is the smaller market so its garenteed less sales. It dosent help that Zelda is a beast in NA where in Japan its a solid seller but nothing more

Actually, even taking its population into account, Japan isn't the best region for Zelda. That was kind of the point of this feature: taking the sizes of these regions into account.

Love and tolerate.

Around the Network
Salnax said:

Actually, even taking its population into account, Japan isn't the best region for Zelda. That was kind of the point of this feature: taking the sizes of these regions into account.

Yeah I know Zelda isnt as big in Japan as say NA but it still does well compared to other franchises in Japan. 

Also was wondering if you were checking attach rates at all because to me that seems more important in determining the popularity of a game in a region then pure sales, seeing as regions differ in size as you stated

Another reason why Salnax is one of VGC's most underrated users.

Fantastic job once again, and I'd love to see your tables and expanded research data. I think it's all quite fascinating.

*tips hat*

loving the shenmue esque day/night gameplay

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Awesome thread.

Around the Network

Mario Turkish Wrestling is surprisingly popular in Turkey.

You might some kind of cyborg, I would never have time to do this, let alone even write it as understandable.

So, they need a little of everything to get sales? Almost no region has the same system sellers (of course, not counting Mario, DK, MK, SSB...) so it would make sense, specially considering that more games means you're expanding you're potential of sales.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Very well done, OP! Maybe we can get some graphs/chart?

But i have other interprations on this data about europe: hardcore european games don't care about nintendo games, even the hardcore ones. They just can't stand the casual look of their products. This is why WiiU is tracking so bad(worse them vita bad) there, doesn't matter the games releasing on the system. So,its a no salvation land for wiiu on there, because there the games doesn't matter, only the plattaform does it seems (except maybe for marios, but we will see)

"Hardware design isn’t about making the most powerful thing you can.
Today most hardware design is left to other companies, but when you make hardware without taking into account the needs of the eventual software developers, you end up with bloated hardware full of pointless excess. From the outset one must consider design from both a hardware and software perspective."

Gunpei Yoko

LemonSlice said:

Wait, is that a real thing?

NNID: garretslarrity

Steam: garretslarrity

garretslarrity said:
LemonSlice said:

Wait, is that a real thing?

Not to my knowledge. If it is, I'll have to readjust some numbers.

In other news, I added a chart to the OP. If things seem a bit different from the text, it's because I noticed a pair of slight mathemtaical errors. Nothing huge, just the ordering may be off.

I also plan on covering the few remaining Nintendo series of 2001 onwards fairly soon.

Love and tolerate.