By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 1st Feb Global Hardware, USA Software up!

PS4 kicking ass, but what happened to 360? I didnt expect a drop like that. its so far from PS3

Around the Network

It's time for MS to release on the "underdog" european countries.The big ones don't want the machine,MS need to move on!

I can't believe how good Minecraft still sells... This game is unbelievable in sales!

-CraZed- said:
Those PS4 North America numbers. Wow!

We'll see how much of a system seller Titanfall is in the coming month. XB1 needs it.

They should bundle it for $499...

tuscaniman99 said:
JoeTheBro said:
tuscaniman99 said:
freedquaker said:
I'm glad to see that predictions start to hold even before Japan. I had said XB1 will be very lucky if it could get away with 2:1, because that is very optimistic for XB1. Its share will be between 3:1 & 2:1 and I am leaning more towards 3:1.... What's funny is that even a few weeks ago, there were still people who claimed Xbox was too strong of a brand, and there was no way for Sony to beat it in US! I have given many technical & scientific estimates precisely predicting what's going to happen, to only land on deaf ears.

See my original estimates attached on my signature. They will hold! They always do :)

Xbox One will win US if they drop the price soon. If MS decides to keep it $100 more than PS4 then yes Sony will win US. Sony has nothing to compete with Titanfall, Halo & Price drop this year. My prediction is based on a price drop. A Xbox One at equal price will beat the PS4 in the US.

Well the halo game this year is leaked to be halo 2. Sony doesn't need to compete with that.

Sony has 0 multiplayer exclusive games announced vs arguably the most beloved console multiplayer game of all time (Halo 2.) Yeah Sony needs something to compete in the multiplayer bracket. Destiny will sell very well on PS4 because there is literally nothing else to play multiplayer wise unless people want to keep playing COD. Multiplayer experiences sell consoles in the US.

Even Halo fans don't like Halo anymore. They will be tempted to buy the cheaper PS4 for Destiny rather than fork out $500 and wait for Halo 5 which could suck like the last one.

Around the Network
rccsetzer said:
GribbleGrunger said:
I'd say that's a clear indication that a better multiplatform game sell hardware.

PSN+ is doing wonders for PS4 too.

No, PS4 is doing wonders for PSN+.

Memberships are through the roof because of the online play paywall.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Microsoft Europe sales make me cringe...

shakarak said:
God this is sixth generation all over again, not that that is a bad thing.

That ended with PS2 selling nearly 8 times as much as the Xbox. That ain't gonna happen this gen.

I would hope the MS makes some moves to make sure the X1 can move 80 million units like the 360. That ensures great 3rd party support.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

More than half of the Wii U sales are thanks to North America. It would be pretty damn cool if sales in Europe and Japan would be in the same range as well.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Another week, another set of overall unsurprising circumstances.

PS4 doing a little better than I thought but I think anyone expecting great things in stable, weekly numbers from adding Japan to the mix will be rather disappointed. First weeks should be good but it won't add terribly much lifetime. Impressive none the less though.

3DS down by almost 10% globally yoy despite a massive rise yoy in NA, Japan is really becoming a wasteland for all consoles. Still doing good numbers but I just can't shake the image of all those who proclaimed it would sell as much as, or even more than, the DS (the "tracking above launches aligned charts" crowd of yore).

One is not doing hot in Europe, which was expected when we saw even the UK not embracing it. Dat Kinect sabotage, I honestly cannot fathom who made the decision to make Kinect mandatory. With the vast majority of the Wii's customer base gone to tablets and phones; who ever thought it was a good idea to implement the one device on 360 that aimed for the same crowd and make it mandatory, screwing with pricing, image and leaving a severe lack of justification for it as a gaming device. Should increase in NA and do well there, I expect more than 60% of its lifetime sales to come from this region.

PS3 dropping fast as hell, just like I expected (down from over 170k last year), I hope no one is still chanting about the elusive 100 million mark, come 2015; the PS3 will be lucky to scrape together 2-3 million sales for the CY. Still; Sony's insistence that the PS3 was "future proof" seems to be the only piece of hyperbole from the 7th gen that held somewhat true.

Wii U up yoy as expected, I find it somewhat funny that people are treating a 2nd year rise as an anomaly, try to find me a console in the past 20 years that didn't improve upon its first year on the market. I think my 10 million year-end number will hit fairly close to home with a decent holiday and a few spikes here and there due to a couple of actual heavy hitters (mainly MK and Smash). Hyrule Warriors, Bayonetta and X though... don't hold your breath. X and Hyrule should help Japanese sales, but this is such a weak region anyway so the overall global tally won't be affected greatly by it. Bayonetta 2 will be an obscure event at best.

Vita is, well, alive at least. Not destined for a great future and part of the one gaming market that is crashing the hardest and will show the biggest contraction. They should drop this thing and pour the resources into the Experia line instead; that has an actual chance of making a difference down the line.

360 in its death throes this year, being one year older and still priced fairly high for such old hardware won't help either. The 7th generation is really coming to an end this year, I think the 360 will completely vanish from the map in 2015, which is still really impressive considering the meager efforts of the original xbox and the 2005 launch.

PSP and Wii: shaite, more or less.