By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 1st Feb Global Hardware, USA Software up!

JoeTheBro said:
tuscaniman99 said:
freedquaker said:
I'm glad to see that predictions start to hold even before Japan. I had said XB1 will be very lucky if it could get away with 2:1, because that is very optimistic for XB1. Its share will be between 3:1 & 2:1 and I am leaning more towards 3:1.... What's funny is that even a few weeks ago, there were still people who claimed Xbox was too strong of a brand, and there was no way for Sony to beat it in US! I have given many technical & scientific estimates precisely predicting what's going to happen, to only land on deaf ears.

See my original estimates attached on my signature. They will hold! They always do :)

Xbox One will win US if they drop the price soon. If MS decides to keep it $100 more than PS4 then yes Sony will win US. Sony has nothing to compete with Titanfall, Halo & Price drop this year. My prediction is based on a price drop. A Xbox One at equal price will beat the PS4 in the US.

Well the halo game this year is leaked to be halo 2. Sony doesn't need to compete with that.

Sony has 0 multiplayer exclusive games announced vs arguably the most beloved console multiplayer game of all time (Halo 2.) Yeah Sony needs something to compete in the multiplayer bracket. Destiny will sell very well on PS4 because there is literally nothing else to play multiplayer wise unless people want to keep playing COD. Multiplayer experiences sell consoles in the US.

Around the Network

Those PS4 North America numbers. Wow!

We'll see how much of a system seller Titanfall is in the coming month. XB1 needs it.

In terms of hardware everything is looking good for... everything.

Some total software charts are waaaaay off though.

tuscaniman99 said:
JoeTheBro said:
tuscaniman99 said:

Xbox One will win US if they drop the price soon. If MS decides to keep it $100 more than PS4 then yes Sony will win US. Sony has nothing to compete with Titanfall, Halo & Price drop this year. My prediction is based on a price drop. A Xbox One at equal price will beat the PS4 in the US.

Well the halo game this year is leaked to be halo 2. Sony doesn't need to compete with that.

Sony has 0 multiplayer exclusive games announced vs arguably the most beloved console multiplayer game of all time (Halo 2.) Yeah Sony needs something to compete in the multiplayer bracket. Destiny will sell very well on PS4 because there is literally nothing else to play multiplayer wise unless people want to keep playing COD. Multiplayer experiences sell consoles in the US.

It's an HD port of a decade year old game. People with XBONEs will buy it but it's laughable to think of it as a big system seller. 

What? im totally buying an xbone to play halo 2!

Around the Network
BMaker11 said:
GribbleGrunger said:

At this rate the PS4 will eventually be pulling away from the X1 by about 4k - 5k units a month.

PS4 sells nearly double the XBone every week

Will pull away by 4k-5k units a month

Logic

LOL. I meant 400k to 500k. It was a late late night for me

The PS5 Exists. 

Blood_Tears said:
Excellent PS4 sales! Now even though it's still early, if Sony can keep a nice 30k gap or so every week in NA they can build up a nice little lead for the duration of the year. That way when MS pulls the trigger on a Gears or Halo with a special edition console it won't do much damage in the states overall.

Go PS4!!

Apart from a Titanfall spike, I think that gap will grow in America (50K - 60K). I also think the PS4 will be outselling the X1 5:1 in Europe by mid March. Clearly Sony have been stockpiling for a huge launch in Japan but they won't need as many in that region after a couple of weeks, so they'll put more stock in Europe and America.

The PS5 Exists. 

MS is doing fairly well considering the cost of the machine and time of the year, but I think they're going to have to accept that they're going to have to cut their price.

$499.99 is simply not a doable price for a game console if you want widespread mass market acceptable. 

It should of course be noted that the new generation of systems is only 3 months old. If the first 3 months of the Ps3/Xbox360s life would have been anything to go by the last generation would have ended with 5million ps3's sold.

Tis early days for both machines, I'm still waiting on the first hardware failure or Patch to brick systems like the E74/Leap year that hit the Xbox/Ps3 last gen, I actually find it very surprising that nothing bad hardware/software has blown up yet on either system.

All that said... what a great start of the Playstation, in Feb too a time when normally games companies are lucky if they manage to be anything other than a reminder for parents of just how much Christmas has cost them, 3ds still doing insanely well too, clearly there have been knock on sales as kids go back to school with Pokemon X+Y making their friends want to get a 3ds too I'll bet.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Kresnik said:
As a side note, does anyone know when Microsoft are releasing in the rest of the European countries?

I remeber seeing it was April for the rest of the European countries. Not sure of the exact day.