By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 1st Feb Global Hardware, USA Software up!

USA

X360 = 228.761 [JAN 2006]

XONE = 229.400 [JAN 2014]

Now that's incredible. Even though the 360 WAS supply constrained, the One is still $500, compared to the 360's $300-400. I call that a success.

Won bet with t3mporary_126 - I correctly predicted that the Wii U's LTD at the end of 2014 would be closer to 9 million than 10 million. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6673287

Around the Network
Welfare said:
USA

Now that's incredible. Even though the 360 WAS supply constrained, the One is still $500, compared to the 360's $300-400. I call that a success.

360 was alone in the market then, and the market is a lot bigger now, apples and opranges.

FlamingWeazel said:
Welfare said:
USA

360 was alone in the market then, and the market is a lot bigger now, apples and opranges.

But the One has 2 competitors compared to 360's 0, and with a bigger price point. If anything, it should be lower than 360. The market being bigger doesn't really mean much. Look at the Wii U.

Won bet with t3mporary_126 - I correctly predicted that the Wii U's LTD at the end of 2014 would be closer to 9 million than 10 million. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6673287

DerNebel said:
Not trying to flame/hate/troll here I just find this kinda funny, has anyone else noticed how Xbox fans have been pretty much missing in action in the threads for the new charts for a couple weeks now? Strange isn't it? :D

Well they are more than welcome to join us, even though we know its hard.....

OT

DEM PS4 EU numbers, ouch!!!!

Ps4 is killing it!!!!! I guess Xbox One and Wii U can battle for 2nd this gen...

Around the Network

Geez, PSP is selling more Rest Of World than in US and Japan combined. What's up with that? Rest Of World is like a third of sales. Meanwhile the Wii is doing better than the PSP when you take away Rest Of World.

Excellent PS4 sales! Now even though it's still early, if Sony can keep a nice 30k gap or so every week in NA they can build up a nice little lead for the duration of the year. That way when MS pulls the trigger on a Gears or Halo with a special edition console it won't do much damage in the states overall.

Go PS4!!

Justagamer said:
I think we are seeing the arrogance effect here... Sony was very arrogant after the ps1-2, then thought they could sell a ps3 for whatever they want, and it started out awful... Now Microsoft was the arrogant one, and thought they could throw together the kinect and sell it for whatever they want.... Did they not see the ps3 launch? It had a $500 model too that sold like crap, so what made them think a $500 x1 would change that? I think gene really no one really wants kinect(I don't, hated it on 360), and they thought it would justify $500 because of kinect... The need to make that thing optional, and sell it with and without it. $400 without kinect would be fair, even if the ps4 is that price....

Yes that is exactly what I think. PS1 knows there were competing with N64 so Sony brought their A game. The same with the PS2. Sony though all was won because even the PS2 was selling almost or better than Xbox 360 in some weeks (not sure about that last statement). So they got arrogant thinking the war was over and bomber people with a $600.

Now MS when from 25 millions to 80 millions boxes so they though they had it all going for them. And got over confident and arrogant. Sony learned there lessons and came out with $400 powerful box.

DerNebel said:
Not trying to flame/hate/troll here I just find this kinda funny, has anyone else noticed how Xbox fans have been pretty much missing in action in the threads for the new charts for a couple weeks now? Strange isn't it? :D

Well some are banned and most others only come out on NPD night (where the ratio is closer then WW)

Welfare said:
FlamingWeazel said:
Welfare said:
USA

But the One has 2 competitors compared to 360's 0, and with a bigger price point. If anything, it should be lower than 360. The market being bigger doesn't really mean much. Look at the Wii U.

There's more core fans coming from the 360 that want the X1 no matter what.  360 was coming xbox original and was supposed to fail to the PS3.  360 didn't pick up until Gears 1 came out and when the PS3 price was annouced.  So when you compare life to date the 360's next few years were bright.  While X1 has doesn't seem as bright.